HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Standings 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
the sub

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Campo wins Hartland Tournament
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:41 pm

the sub wrote:
Campo wins Hartland Tournament

Hey sub, what teams were at the tournament and who did they beat in the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the sub

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Side A : Hartland, Saint Mary's, Leo Hayes
Side B : Campobello, Southern Viv, Minto

Campo beats SV in first game, by 28.. beats minto by 26 and leo Hayes by 43 and in the final game beats SV by 25.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:17 pm

so canmpo has turned it up i would say, and it seems every year boisetown has a game like this, dont know why
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:12 pm

jballer8 wrote:
so canmpo has turned it up i would say, and it seems every year boisetown has a game like this, dont know why

Boiestown does NOT have a game like this every year. This ref was calling kids fat a!@ and all other kinds of names the previous night during the stanley game against sugarloaf the during the UMRHS game he was telling sugarloaf players when and where to cut to get open when people were open, he was talking to parents while. The games qwere bein played and the list goes on. It was disgusting. This was a league game potentially for first place. What should have been done was the ejection of the player who got off the bench, not throwing him back to the bench, the parents should have been thrown out and the refs should ve had control then finish the game. Instead these so called refs quit and stopped a league game which is against the rules to do. If thease refs can't control the game then quit and let spomeone ref who can!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 pm

yea refs shoulda sacked up and finsihed it and the parents shoulda chilled, but same thing happened with harvey, harvey left early because there was so many dirty plays, im sure there is another side to the strory bbut yah it sounds like it woulda been entertaining to watch... if the refs honestly told the sugarloaf players where to cut they should be fined or discleplined in some way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
jballer8 wrote:

Boiestown does NOT have a game like this every year. This ref was calling kids fat a!@ and all other kinds of names the previous night during the stanley game against sugarloaf the during the UMRHS game he was telling sugarloaf players when and where to cut to get open when people were open, he was talking to parents while. The games qwere bein played and the list goes on. It was disgusting. This was a league game potentially for first place. What should have been done was the ejection of the player who got off the bench, not throwing him back to the bench, the parents should have been thrown out and the refs should ve had control then finish the game. Instead these so called refs quit and stopped a league game which is against the rules to do. If thease refs can't control the game then quit and let spomeone ref who can!

Come on Boas, I mean I respect your enthusiasm for your team, but I have officiated UMRHS in the past and they are known for having all kinds of attitude. I am not defending these officials because I wasn't there and don't know everything that happened but i know UMRHS and their reputation and doubt that they are completely innocent in these events. As far as the officials controlling the game, how about your coach controls his bench. I have officiated many years and 6 of them were out of the fredericton zone. I have officiated in Boiestown countless times and had parents follow me downstairs to the changing room, 4 years ago I had a glass orange juice bottle thrown in my direction from the balcony, I have been spit on from the balcony. During the warmup of a girls game 3 years ago I had a male player( who I had thrown out of a game the week before) throw a ball at me which hit me in the back of the head. So to say that stuff like this doesn't happen is absolute bull. That school hasn't had a coach that can control them in years, since Jon Roe stepped down. Don't even get me started on that female coach the boys team had a few years ago. My POINT is this stuff does happen in boiestown and I have wanted to walk out of that gym many times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 04-10

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Wow.. 5 years ago, 4 years ago, people graduate. The team consists of totally different players now and we've been one of the cleanest team to play in our league this year. We know how our rep was in the past but we've been working hard this year to change it, It's the last year for our school and we don't want that kind of a rep. As for the Sugarloaf game earlier everything that was said was true, I was an eye witness to all of the events. I watched the senior girls game prior to the boys and the ref was talking to the parents in the stands while the game was in play and the Sugarloaf players who were also watching the game called both ref's by name. I also have friends on the Stanley team and in their game a Stanley player was called a fat a$$, one was made fun of for the way he shot his foul shots just completely unnecessary remarks that should not be given by an official.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Don't get me wrong though, there are some very respectful people in Boeistown and they have had some pretty awesome kids in the past. I like Judy Astle a lot, she questions a lot of calls but is usually very respectful when she does. They had a big post player a few years ago named Darren O'Donnell who was always respectful and always had a great sense of humour with the officials. They had kid named Shane a few years ago who was a pretty good player and was always very respectful when questioning calls. I am not trying to label all of boiestown but they have had some bad apples in the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 04-10

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Yes, I can understand that and I know both of them. I also know which kids on the team were the bad seeds. But I can assure you this year the Boiestown rep has changed. They have a real shot at making it somewhere this year with a record of 24 - 2 and 6 - 0 for League Games ( Not sure on the Sugarloaf sitch yet ) they are not going to put themselves in a position to stain their accomplishments this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Boas 04-10 wrote:
Yes, I can understand that and I know both of them. I also know which kids on the team were the bad seeds. But I can assure you this year the Boiestown rep has changed. They have a real shot at making it somewhere this year with a record of 24 - 2 and 6 - 0 for League Games ( Not sure on the Sugarloaf sitch yet ) they are not going to put themselves in a position to stain their accomplishments this year.

I am just saying that I doubt Boiestown was completely innocent with what happened. The reason I come to this conclusion is the fact that a kid left the bench. This leads me to think that some stuff was going on both ways. As far as the officials up there, I have no clue who officiates those games. I can't even name one official in that zone. I don't know what exactly happened up there but every official has their limits and obviously these guys were pushed to their limits. Obviously parents coming on to the floor is a bad situation and if they felt that their safety was in question then I think they did the right thing by leaving, because things can get nasty really quick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
new ball

PostSubject: I watched the SSHS vs UMRHS game and both teams are strong, UMRHS fought hard but was outmatched by sugarloaf in my opinion.   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Boas 04-10 wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:57 am

I just think its a shame that's game was called off. Definetly UMRHS isn't all innocent in the case. Players leaving the bench should b suspended, learn to control your emotions, also parents. Grow up its a basketball game, crap happens. And to the ref, grow up aswell and quit trying to live your life through high school basketball players and the next time u call players fat a?: and other names, take a look in the mirror and grow a pair. Whatever the outcome, this I know, both teams will grow and learn from this experience.

Also its great to c everyone here! We don't need the old hooplife page anymore. We can all just come here to argue!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:36 am

kv over harvey by 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Ecb upsets umrhs today by 11. Boas played their worst game all year. Congrats ecb on a huge win.

Also the caledonia tourney wrapped up with petti going1-2
Caledonia 0-3 and cam narrows 2-1 including a huge win over petti, looks like upsets r the story of the day. Ohs won the tourney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:37 pm

where is ecb? thats ironic because UMRHS played probably there best game this year when they "upset" harvey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Ecbis probably the most underrated team in the league. They shoot the lights out and play physically. They may just sneak into regionals as the 2 seed now if umrhs doesn't beat sugarloaf. Ecb has umrhs in a tie breaker provided both teams win the rest of their games and lose to sugarloaf. Don't sleep on ecb they r a strong team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 04-10

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:23 pm

He was talking about UMRHS's worst game not their best. The game tonight was by far their worst performance yet. Bunny shot after bunny shot missed, easy shots that are usually never missed by this team just weren't dropping for them today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:24 pm

all teams have them sort of games, better to get them out of your system before playoffs i always say
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:56 am

hahaha...some funny stuff here. First after reading post after post about how good UMRHS is , then they lose to SSHS and blame the refs...they lose to ECB (who sshs beats by 20+ ) and well a bad game....how about this maybe these guys aren't that good???
As for their "attitude" well haven't seen them play that much but the few times I did the attitude was there.
1st Time ; Parents yellin at refs to "call it both ways " when fouls at the time were 8-2 against the other team.
2nd time: Girls team was losing 51-13 in 3rd quarter and coach was blaming it on officials and whining to officials, then of course the players were whining....heres a thought maybe you ladies aren't good enough and need to get better and maybe it is not always someone elses fault...
3rd time: last year when they were not very good , they would not even go to SSHS , but this year they thought they were good so they went , found out they weren't , blamed the refs , and went home....

HMMMM....maybe hoosier fan has a point????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 am

First of all you have no clue what you are talking about. The Sugarloaf game ended in the 3rd quarter whe the refs called the game. The girls team has nothing to do with the boys team so why mention it? Theses guys ARE that good and yes they played terrible and lost in a fair game to ECB who is a strong team. They are 24-3 and have plays very competitivly all year. Every high school teen has attitude and I see it from every team. We are not blaming all refs just this one particular ref who land a hand on our kid which is unnacceptable!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 04-10

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:42 am

Agreed. I would also like to share that the Boas have taken a critical blow last night, one of the Boas best player`s father died last night.. Not sure how much of an impact this is going to make on the rest of the season, but it`s hitting the team hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
First of all you have no clue what you are talking about. The Sugarloaf game ended in the 3rd quarter whe the refs called the game. The girls team has nothing to do with the boys team so why mention it? Theses guys ARE that good and yes they played terrible and lost in a fair game to ECB who is a strong team. They are 24-3 and have plays very competitivly all year. Every high school teen has attitude and I see it from every team. We are not blaming all refs just this one particular ref who land a hand on our kid which is unnacceptable!

I would just like to dispute what you say about every teen has an attitude. This is so far from the truth, I have officiated many games this year and have encountered many players who have excellent attitudes. Who play the game hard and don't get rattled by an officials call, the score or their opponent. The attitude of players towards officials is always a reflection of the coach's attitude towards the officials. If the coach conducts himself in a professional manner and addresses officials in a very respectful way then chances are their players will as well. I can name numerous coaches in this province who do this and I never have any problem with their players. My best example is the coach from JMA boys team. He is very professional and respectful and I have never ever heard one of his player say anything disrespectful to an official.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:04 pm

I couldn't agree more. JMA0is a very gentlemanly team.I can assure u there is at least one player with an attitude on that team. I'm not saying all kids r that way but each team has at least one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:04 pm

harvey v mcadam wednesday in harvey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standings 2009   Today at 7:17 am

Back to top Go down

Standings 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top