HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Final 12 predictions 2014-2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:32 am

CoachDJR wrote:
Not to cop out on this but in AA and AAA the SW regionals are going to have a huge impact on who meets at Harbour Station.

AA boys Regional is in the South this year. Which means Fundy will host. CNHS appears to have the wheels coming off, and playing with a short bench for WHS just isn't as easy because of foul trouble when playing in the south. Going zone against Fundy's shooters in their gym hasn't worked out for anyone yet this yyear. If Fundy wins that regional and WHS goes to Tantramar, they've got the experience and the players to take care of TRHS in their gym. If WHS pulls out that regional and Fundy goes to TRHS you've got two very good teams with no experience moving through sectionals to HS that will likely meet up in the sectional final.

AA girls  - Woodstock is hosting and are very different team at home vs elsewhere based on scores. This could mean they win a sectional that would put Fundy and RHS (who will hopefully be getting healthy at that point)/CNHS/SVHS/SSHS in the JMH regional with Sugarloaf. In Miramichi any of those teams 2-3 (maybe even 4 teams depending on health concerns)could win that section.

AAA girls - Hosted in Freddy which helps but you've got KV, Sussex, LHHS and SJHS all there looking to win big games for two days straight. Who hosts becomes a big deal? Whether McNaugahton or Riverview wins the NE is important. Who has to play who where becomes significant. That game between LHHS and SJHS on the Friday should be a dandy.

AAA boys - Someone is winning that regional. I have doubts as to the potential for the 3rd best team to not finish third. The number two might be in a better spot then the host winner when all is said and done.

This might be the case in A as well but I haven't heard names for strong contenders leading the way clearly in either NE girls or boys.

In A boys, I'm sure that #2 spot coming out of regionals looks quite sweet for a couple coaches if this RNS team is for real!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:05 am

celtic wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
Not to cop out on this but in AA and AAA the SW regionals are going to have a huge impact on who meets at Harbour Station.

AA boys Regional is in the South this year. Which means Fundy will host. CNHS appears to have the wheels coming off, and playing with a short bench for WHS just isn't as easy because of foul trouble when playing in the south. Going zone against Fundy's shooters in their gym hasn't worked out for anyone yet this yyear. If Fundy wins that regional and WHS goes to Tantramar, they've got the experience and the players to take care of TRHS in their gym. If WHS pulls out that regional and Fundy goes to TRHS you've got two very good teams with no experience moving through sectionals to HS that will likely meet up in the sectional final.

AA girls  - Woodstock is hosting and are very different team at home vs elsewhere based on scores. This could mean they win a sectional that would put Fundy and RHS (who will hopefully be getting healthy at that point)/CNHS/SVHS/SSHS in the JMH regional with Sugarloaf. In Miramichi any of those teams 2-3 (maybe even 4 teams depending on health concerns)could win that section.

AAA girls - Hosted in Freddy which helps but you've got KV, Sussex, LHHS and SJHS all there looking to win big games for two days straight. Who hosts becomes a big deal? Whether McNaugahton or Riverview wins the NE is important. Who has to play who where becomes significant. That game between LHHS and SJHS on the Friday should be a dandy.

AAA boys - Someone is winning that regional. I have doubts as to the potential for the 3rd best team to not finish third. The number two might be in a better spot then the host winner when all is said and done.

This might be the case in A as well but I haven't heard names for strong contenders leading the way clearly in either NE girls or boys.

In A boys, I'm sure that #2 spot coming out of regionals looks quite sweet for a couple coaches if this RNS team is for real!

I agree with everything above but will still add some input on the Boys side.

AA Boys: Woodstock will come out on top in regionals over fundy. Woodstock has yet to give fundy a good overall game and I think this time they take advantage of that. CNHS falls completely off and could see them losing to Rothesay first round and be sent home, if somehow they manage to win that they will finish 4th. 1. Woodstock 2.Fundy 3.St.Stephen 4. Rothesay or CNHS

AAA Boys: Not much to add here but Leo Hayes or FHS will be in the final over KVHS i believe. KV could pull out an upset but Leo Hayes and FHS have been waiting for this time of year all season. Kv has always struggled against these teams come come playoff time.

A Boys: 1:Hartland, 2:Harvey, 3:RNS 4th? who ever finish's second will have a cake walk to harbour.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:41 am

So you are saying Rothesay will be going into regionals a number 3 and CN a number 2?...cause that is the only way 1 of them could be sent home. Remember CN beat WHS in their 1st league meeting so we can't count them out of that #1 spot yet. I assumed RHS was going to be #2 in the south but u r saying St. Stephen will be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 am

Big league game coming up on the 29th, for Woodstock and CN. CN won by 1 last time so Woodstock gotta beat by more to take top spot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:53 am

celtic wrote:
So you are saying Rothesay will be going into regionals a number 3 and CN a number 2?...cause that is the only way 1 of them could be sent home. Remember CN beat WHS in their 1st league meeting so we can't count them out of that #1 spot yet. I assumed RHS was going to be #2 in the south but u r saying St. Stephen will be?

St.Stephen has won both meetings against Rothesay from what i heard? could be wrong? and CNHS has a 1 point advantage to my knowledge? from scores i have been seeing and rumors they have injuries and kids out with academics I would put WHS in favor to win that next league game.

South: 1. Fundy 2.St.Stephen 3. Rothesay 4. Hampton
West: 1. WHS (one league game with CNHS) 2. CNHS 3.SVHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:10 am

coachnb6 wrote:
celtic wrote:

St.Stephen has won both meetings against Rothesay from what i heard? could be wrong? and CNHS has a 1 point advantage to my knowledge? from scores i have been seeing and rumors they have injuries and kids out with academics I would put WHS in favor to win that next league game.  

South: 1. Fundy 2.St.Stephen 3. Rothesay 4. Hampton
West: 1. WHS (one league game with CNHS) 2. CNHS 3.SVHS

Fair enough...thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:31 am

SSHS won both league games vs Rothesay in boys. Early by 20 more recently by 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silkysmoove

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Fundy must have something to prove when they play woodstock because their defense is unreal especially against keegan. Seeing as how we have yet to see them play Tantramar, it's hard to say who's the stronger of the two
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:56 pm

silkysmoove wrote:
Fundy must have something to prove when they play woodstock because their defense is unreal especially against keegan. Seeing as how we have yet to see them play Tantramar, it's hard to say who's the stronger of the two

Now there is some bulletin board material.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:09 pm

I would put Fundy behind CNHS, Woodstock and Tantamar. CN has beat them quite cleany twice. And as it was stated Woodstock hasn't had a full game against them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dsmkbm

PostSubject: Huskies   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:57 am

As I read these forums, is there anyone from Hartland on here that has any more intelligence than my dog? Wow, I cant believe the amount of obnoxious, simple minded comments on here. Used to like watching them play but has that ever changed after reading this. You guys should really think it through before posting your self centered comments to the basketball world. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:11 am

dsmkbm wrote:
As I read these forums, is there anyone from Hartland on here that has any more intelligence than my dog?   Wow, I cant believe the amount of obnoxious, simple minded comments on here.  Used to like watching them play but has that ever changed after reading this.  You guys should really think it through before posting your self centered comments to the basketball world.   lol!

There's only 1 or 2 that are beyond arrogant. I wouldn't hold it against the entire community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HuskiesForever

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:14 am

Coach.Red wrote:
dsmkbm wrote:
As I read these forums, is there anyone from Hartland on here that has any more intelligence than my dog?   Wow, I cant believe the amount of obnoxious, simple minded comments on here.  Used to like watching them play but has that ever changed after reading this.  You guys should really think it through before posting your self centered comments to the basketball world.   lol!

There's only 1 or 2 that are beyond arrogant. I wouldn't hold it against the entire community.

There is a difference between arrogance and confidence. Just because we are confident that we are the best and can beat anyone in A including these great RNS players does not make us arrogant. We will prove you all wrong!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:15 am

HuskiesForever wrote:
Coach.Red wrote:
dsmkbm wrote:

There is a difference between arrogance and confidence. Just because we are confident that we are the best and can beat anyone in A including these great RNS players does not make us arrogant. We will prove you all wrong!!!!

ar·ro·gant
ˈerəɡənt/
adjective
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HuskiesForever

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:22 am

Coach.Red wrote:
HuskiesForever wrote:
Coach.Red wrote:
dsmkbm wrote:

ar·ro·gant
ˈerəɡənt/
adjective
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Dolt
A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time. Many times they are oblivious to their own mental incapacity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:56 pm

HuskiesForever wrote:
Coach.Red wrote:
dsmkbm wrote:

You won't prove me wrong. You have no competition in A boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silkysmoove

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:10 am

Fundy went into Hartland's gym and handled them easily because Foster who is used to putting up 30+ a game was completely shut down by 1 of Fundys big men
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:03 pm

How much was the point differential with Fundy and Hartland ...no real big guys in "a" to handle Foster. Perhaps Patterson from FCA , big and physical enough but doesn't have enough help to go along with the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:59 pm

No sooner posted the above and saw that FCA gave Hartland a good run, HHS won by six. Foster held to 12pts. The gap is closing, FCA in the running as well...overexposure starting to set with some teams..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:10 pm

Fhs wins 3/4 at Mike Fitz exhibition at Currie Center including Varsity girls by 15, Varsity boys 81-72 and jv girls by a bunch . All teams showing some post exam rust and varsity teams will play again Thursday at Leo. Nice day well attended, Thx Coleen and Don for continuing to grow this special day. This years games were all available for viewing on Bell webcast, still good community turnout..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dsmkbm

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:03 pm

So where is HuskiesForever brags now?? Lol. We're waiting... Wish I would of been there to see that game! I always miss the good ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HuskiesForever

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:19 pm

dsmkbm wrote:
So where is HuskiesForever brags now??   Lol.  We're waiting...   Wish I would of been there to see that game! I always miss the good ones.

Are you drunk? We won the game.....and are still the team to beat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Woodstock beats CN tonight by 3 at CNHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basketballjones

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:09 am

Terrific game at the LHHS gym between the Black Cats and the Lions. Here is a free article on the game in case you missed it! I predict these two teams are going to be in the finals, and if so, we are in for a real treat.

http://www.newbrunswickbeacon.ca/45769/buzzerbeater-lifts-cats-lions/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Ballforlife12345 wrote:
Woodstock beats CN tonight by 3 at CNHS

Who was missing from either team?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 predictions 2014-2015    Today at 5:10 am