HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CoachBuckets



Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:48 am

Lets see what people think for this week..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach474



Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:43 am

A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. John Caldwell
3. Hartland
4. RNS

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Rothesay
3. Fundy
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. WHS
2. Fundy
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. FHS
2. LHHS
3. KV
4.Saint John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic



Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:09 am

Coach474 wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. John Caldwell
3. Hartland
4. RNS

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Rothesay
3. Fundy
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. WHS
2. Fundy
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. FHS
2. LHHS
3. KV
4.Saint John

It will be impossible for Harvey and JC to be 1 and 2 as they will most likely meet each other in the 2nd round. The winner will go to the final game and the loser to the 3-4 game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR



Posts : 736
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:12 am

celtic wrote:
Coach474 wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. John Caldwell
3. Hartland
4. RNS

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Rothesay
3. Fundy
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. WHS
2. Fundy
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. FHS
2. LHHS
3. KV
4.Saint John

It will be impossible for Harvey and JC to be 1 and 2 as they will most likely meet each other in the 2nd round. The winner will go to the final game and the loser to the 3-4 game

I think that statement is true in at least 2-3 of the scenarios presented. People may need to wait until standings are finalized before making predictions. Sometimes that math just don't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach474



Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:26 am

Made some corrections based on standings. I think most of these are correct according to the nbiaa website at this point.

1. Harvey
2. Hartland
3. JCS
4. RNS

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. WHS
2. Fundy
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. FHS
2. LHHS
3. KV
4.Saint John

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:15 am

A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. RNS
3. Hartland
4. JC

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy - if they get by CN in semi, they beat WHS again - have already beaten them twice
2. WHS
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. LHHS
2. FHS - might be better to finish here anyway
3. KV
4. Saint John

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldBull55



Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:45 am

Common Sense wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. RNS
3. Hartland
4. JC

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy - if they get by CN in semi, they beat WHS again - have already beaten them twice
2. WHS
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. LHHS
2. FHS - might be better to finish here anyway
3. KV
4. Saint John


I believe that with the experience of the WHS coaching staff, they will have their team peak at the right time and edge Fundy (if they get by CN) for the top spot in AA Boys SW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6



Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:08 pm

OldBull55 wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. RNS
3. Hartland
4. JC

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy - if they get by CN in semi, they beat WHS again - have already beaten them twice
2. WHS
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. LHHS
2. FHS - might be better to finish here anyway
3. KV
4. Saint John


I believe that with the experience of the WHS coaching staff, they will have their team peak at the right time and edge Fundy (if they get by CN) for the top spot in AA Boys SW.


Coaching Staff of WHS will be the difference! for them to beat Fundy in the final! CN will finish third and Southern Vic 4th. Everything else i agree with above
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBHoops7



Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:17 pm

coachnb6 wrote:
OldBull55 wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. RNS
3. Hartland
4. JC

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy - if they get by CN in semi, they beat WHS again - have already beaten them twice
2. WHS
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. LHHS
2. FHS - might be better to finish here anyway
3. KV
4. Saint John


I believe that with the experience of the WHS coaching staff, they will have their team peak at the right time and edge Fundy (if they get by CN) for the top spot in AA Boys SW.


Coaching Staff of WHS will be the difference! for them to beat Fundy in the final! CN will finish third and Southern Vic 4th.  Everything else i agree with above

^ignorant...

hope they lose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic



Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:28 pm

NBHoops7 wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:
OldBull55 wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. RNS
3. Hartland
4. JC

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy - if they get by CN in semi, they beat WHS again - have already beaten them twice
2. WHS
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. LHHS
2. FHS - might be better to finish here anyway
3. KV
4. Saint John


I believe that with the experience of the WHS coaching staff, they will have their team peak at the right time and edge Fundy (if they get by CN) for the top spot in AA Boys SW.


Coaching Staff of WHS will be the difference! for them to beat Fundy in the final! CN will finish third and Southern Vic 4th.  Everything else i agree with above

^ignorant...

hope they lose

I'm going out on a limb on this one and saying CN will beat Fundy and will meet WHS in the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets



Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:53 pm

celtic wrote:
NBHoops7 wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:
OldBull55 wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. RNS
3. Hartland
4. JC

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy - if they get by CN in semi, they beat WHS again - have already beaten them twice
2. WHS
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. LHHS
2. FHS - might be better to finish here anyway
3. KV
4. Saint John


I believe that with the experience of the WHS coaching staff, they will have their team peak at the right time and edge Fundy (if they get by CN) for the top spot in AA Boys SW.


Coaching Staff of WHS will be the difference! for them to beat Fundy in the final! CN will finish third and Southern Vic 4th.  Everything else i agree with above

^ignorant...

hope they lose

I'm going out on a limb on this one and saying CN will beat Fundy and will meet WHS in the final.



CN has lost a few players throughout the year and from what I have seen they haven't been playing well as of late. Lost to Sugarloaf by 15 a few weekends ago and had a close one with SV on the weekend. I am sure young Gray will have them prepared for the weekend, but like they have said above, Jones and the whs coaching staff always have their players playing really well this time of year. Example: two years ago I believe they played St. Stephens in the sectional finals and whs should have never won that game but they did. Jones knows what he is doing and can probably out coach any coach in the province.

Good luck to everyone who is playing this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:07 pm

CoachBuckets wrote:
celtic wrote:
NBHoops7 wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:
OldBull55 wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. RNS
3. Hartland
4. JC

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy - if they get by CN in semi, they beat WHS again - have already beaten them twice
2. WHS
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. LHHS
2. FHS - might be better to finish here anyway
3. KV
4. Saint John


I believe that with the experience of the WHS coaching staff, they will have their team peak at the right time and edge Fundy (if they get by CN) for the top spot in AA Boys SW.


Coaching Staff of WHS will be the difference! for them to beat Fundy in the final! CN will finish third and Southern Vic 4th.  Everything else i agree with above

^ignorant...

hope they lose

I'm going out on a limb on this one and saying CN will beat Fundy and will meet WHS in the final.



CN has lost a few players throughout the year and from what I have seen they haven't been playing well as of late. Lost to Sugarloaf by 15 a few weekends ago and had a close one with SV on the weekend. I am sure young Gray will have them prepared for the weekend, but like they have said above, Jones and the whs coaching staff always have their players playing really well this time of year. Example: two years ago I believe they played St. Stephens in the sectional finals and whs should have never won that game but they did. Jones knows what he is doing and can probably out coach any coach in the province.

Good luck to everyone who is playing this weekend.

I don't even know where to start with this! "out coach any coach"? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. No offence to him or anyone on the staff, but he has always has the most talent....that is a ludicrous statement....obviously this is someone trying to put a bulls eye on WHS!...which I have no problem with... The only way they defeat Fundy is if they deflate the ball down 2 psi and not allow Fundy's high octane offence to get going!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic



Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:09 pm

CN also only lost to WHS by 3 the other night...I never said CN was going to beat WHS...I'm just going out on a limb to say that could be the 1-2 game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldBull55



Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:21 pm

Common Sense wrote:
CoachBuckets wrote:
celtic wrote:
NBHoops7 wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:
OldBull55 wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. RNS
3. Hartland
4. JC

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy - if they get by CN in semi, they beat WHS again - have already beaten them twice
2. WHS
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. LHHS
2. FHS - might be better to finish here anyway
3. KV
4. Saint John


I believe that with the experience of the WHS coaching staff, they will have their team peak at the right time and edge Fundy (if they get by CN) for the top spot in AA Boys SW.


Coaching Staff of WHS will be the difference! for them to beat Fundy in the final! CN will finish third and Southern Vic 4th.  Everything else i agree with above

^ignorant...

hope they lose

I'm going out on a limb on this one and saying CN will beat Fundy and will meet WHS in the final.



CN has lost a few players throughout the year and from what I have seen they haven't been playing well as of late. Lost to Sugarloaf by 15 a few weekends ago and had a close one with SV on the weekend. I am sure young Gray will have them prepared for the weekend, but like they have said above, Jones and the whs coaching staff always have their players playing really well this time of year. Example: two years ago I believe they played St. Stephens in the sectional finals and whs should have never won that game but they did. Jones knows what he is doing and can probably out coach any coach in the province.

Good luck to everyone who is playing this weekend.

I don't even know where to start with this!  "out coach any coach"? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  No offence to him or anyone on the staff, but he has always has the most talent....that is a ludicrous statement....obviously this is someone trying to put a bulls eye on WHS!...which I have no problem with... The only way they defeat Fundy is if they deflate the ball down 2 psi and not allow Fundy's high octane offence to get going!

No question WHS has had and continues to have a pipeline of talent, however, it takes a chess master to best utilize that talent and translate it into wins on the hardwood. In that regard, as Coach Buckets indicated earlier, Coach Jones is a Grand Master at getting his team ready and utilizing that talent to the fullest extent. And now they have the benefit of another experienced coach, Coach Jeff Gray and and brilliant young tactician in Coach Joel Everett, they are that much stronger. Plus they have that proven tack record. They will be tough to beat in the Regionals!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12



Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:36 pm

I have to agree with everything just stated. Coach Jones has been one of the premieriest coaches in the province over the last decade in a half. I believe that he's been to 10 of the last 12 provincial finals. These numbers all speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets



Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Common Sense wrote:
CoachBuckets wrote:
celtic wrote:
NBHoops7 wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:
OldBull55 wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. RNS
3. Hartland
4. JC

AA Girls SW
1. Woodstock
2. Fundy
3. Rothesay
4. S.V.

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy - if they get by CN in semi, they beat WHS again - have already beaten them twice
2. WHS
3. CN
4. St. Stephen

AAA Girls SW
1. FHS
2. Sussex
3. Leo Hayes
4. KV

AAA Boys SW
1. LHHS
2. FHS - might be better to finish here anyway
3. KV
4. Saint John


I believe that with the experience of the WHS coaching staff, they will have their team peak at the right time and edge Fundy (if they get by CN) for the top spot in AA Boys SW.


Coaching Staff of WHS will be the difference! for them to beat Fundy in the final! CN will finish third and Southern Vic 4th.  Everything else i agree with above

^ignorant...

hope they lose

I'm going out on a limb on this one and saying CN will beat Fundy and will meet WHS in the final.



CN has lost a few players throughout the year and from what I have seen they haven't been playing well as of late. Lost to Sugarloaf by 15 a few weekends ago and had a close one with SV on the weekend. I am sure young Gray will have them prepared for the weekend, but like they have said above, Jones and the whs coaching staff always have their players playing really well this time of year. Example: two years ago I believe they played St. Stephens in the sectional finals and whs should have never won that game but they did. Jones knows what he is doing and can probably out coach any coach in the province.

Good luck to everyone who is playing this weekend.

I don't even know where to start with this!  "out coach any coach"? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  No offence to him or anyone on the staff, but he has always has the most talent....that is a ludicrous statement....obviously this is someone trying to put a bulls eye on WHS!...which I have no problem with... The only way they defeat Fundy is if they deflate the ball down 2 psi and not allow Fundy's high octane offence to get going!



Not really sure why you think that is ridiculous Common Sense seeing how everyone is agreeing with me. Jones is a great coach, and you cant take that away from him. Also no one is putting a "bulls eye" on whs. Seems like everyone wants him to be noticed for all the work he has put into the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:52 pm

coach12 wrote:
I have to agree with everything just stated. Coach Jones has been one of the premieriest coaches in the province over the last decade in a half. I believe that he's been to 10 of the last 12 provincial finals. These numbers all speak for themselves.

Premierest!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Beautiful! I'm throwing up and laughing at the same time!

Can we shift this to the AAA regional! That's all that really matters anyway. Go LIONS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Face the facts   Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:00 pm

WHS boys are to AA boys what FHS boys are to AAA. They are a dominant force with the best coach in the province leading them. Ten trips to the final twelve in twelve years with 4 titles and a couple more titles in the 90s. Unheard of!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Powerball wrote:
WHS boys are to AA boys what FHS boys are to AAA. They are a dominant force with the best coach in the province leading them. Ten trips to the final twelve in twelve years with 4 titles and a couple more titles in the 90s. Unheard of!!!!!

This is getting borderline nauseating...no wonder everyone hates WHS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldBull55



Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Powerball wrote:
WHS boys are to AA boys what FHS boys are to AAA. They are a dominant force with the best coach in the province leading them. Ten trips to the final twelve in twelve years with 4 titles and a couple more titles in the 90s. Unheard of!!!!!

Combination of mitigating factors contributing to that long term success! Starts with an excellent Minor Association, puppy ball where a lot of the senior coaches contribute their time, two mini teams every year with very good coaching, long time strong coaching at the middle school level with TJ Clarke and now Luke Flemming and Jeff Tompkins. Then Nathan Everett molds them further in preparation for the varsity level where Coach Jones is the Maestro conductor! Yes AAA Boys is exciting this year with the FHS/LHHS/KVHS rivalry but the AA boys will be exciting as well with Coach Jones holding a lot of very good cards at the moment!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets



Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Powerball wrote:
WHS boys are to AA boys what FHS boys are to AAA. They are a dominant force with the best coach in the province leading them. Ten trips to the final twelve in twelve years with 4 titles and a couple more titles in the 90s. Unheard of!!!!!

This is getting borderline nauseating...no wonder everyone hates WHS!



No one hates WHS, but Im pretty sure you might. Im guessing you have some hard feelings toward Jones, maybe he has taken a big game from you or maybe even a provincial title?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345



Posts : 273
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:23 pm

I think Fundy will lose to CN. Then WHS will beat CN in final
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:24 pm

CoachBuckets wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
Powerball wrote:
WHS boys are to AA boys what FHS boys are to AAA. They are a dominant force with the best coach in the province leading them. Ten trips to the final twelve in twelve years with 4 titles and a couple more titles in the 90s. Unheard of!!!!!

This is getting borderline nauseating...no wonder everyone hates WHS!



No one hates WHS, but Im pretty sure you might. Im guessing you have some hard feelings toward Jones, maybe he has taken a big game from you or maybe even a provincial title?
Common sense has to be a dirty bird from way back who could never win the big one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345



Posts : 273
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Fundy can't handle pressure up front. That is why CN will beat them, they go hard core pressure for 40 minutes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballislife9



Posts : 20
Join date : 2014-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:10 am

A SW girls
1. John Caldwell
2. Harvey
3. Grand Manan
4. Cantabury

A SW boys
1. Harvey
2. Hartland
3. RNS
4. John Caldwell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Today at 9:06 am

Back to top Go down
 
Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2014-2015 Predictions
» 2014-2015 3A/4A Boys Season
» North or South for 2014-2015 season?
» NEW Screenshot Items 2014 / 2015 - by mrfagsiti
» 2014-2015 Tournaments

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: