HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:27 am

AAA SW Girls

1. Fredericton
2. Sussex
3. KV
4. SJHS

SJHS defeated Leo Hayes twice this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 am

Ballforlife12345 wrote:
Fundy can't handle pressure up front. That is why CN will beat them, they go hard core pressure for 40 minutes

Fundy wins easily over CN. game wont even be remotely close. last time i check CN has to play Rothesay first and that could be interesting! Fundy and WHS in the finals and I take WHS by a small margin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Ballforlife12345 wrote:
Fundy can't handle pressure up front. That is why CN will beat them, they go hard core pressure for 40 minutes

When was the last time CN played a game at Fundy? If they get by Rothesay and have to play Fundy in their 2nd game of the day I'm giving the nod to Fundy at home. Home rims, tight whistle, who has more shot makers. Giving the nod to Fundy.

A Boys SW
1. Harvey
2. Hartland
3. JCS
4. RNS

AA Boys SW
1. Fundy
2. WHS
3. SSHS
4. CNHS

AAA Boys SW
1. KVHS
2. LHHS
3. FHS
4. SJHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldBull55

PostSubject: Latest News   Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Couple of items that are in the rumors floating around on the street that may affect outcomes in SW A and AA Boys Regionals this weekend:
1) McCarthy from JCS has severely sprained his other ankle and is very unlikely for the weekend
2) CNHS is petitioning NBIAA to promote two JV players due to a short roster on account of injuries/suspensions
Keep in mind, these are unsubstantiated rumors at this point!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach474

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:27 pm

Carleton North cares way too much about JV titles to allow that to happen. I can't see the NBIAA allowing it anyway. I wish the NBIAA would go to the Maine model for JV and Varsity teams. They seem to be more concerned that someone doesn't play more than 36 games, than worrying about the best chance for an athlete to develop. JV players from grades 9-11 getting leadership minutes in JV games and then if they are good enough getting minutes against some of the best in the province in a lesser role in the varsity game.

Too bad about the McCarthy kid but I assume they still have enough to get by game 1. 4th place finish is not all bad anyway in that division.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Coach474 wrote:
Carleton North cares way too much about JV titles to allow that to happen. I can't see the NBIAA allowing it anyway. I wish the NBIAA would go to the Maine model for JV and Varsity teams. They seem to be more concerned that someone doesn't play more than 36 games, than worrying about the best chance for an athlete to develop. JV players from grades 9-11 getting leadership minutes in JV games and then if they are good enough getting minutes against some of the best in the province in a lesser role in the varsity game.

Too bad about the McCarthy kid but I assume they still have enough to get by game 1. 4th place finish is not all bad anyway in that division.

You can't just lump everyone at Carleton North into one pile. That would be almost as silly as thinking Huskiesforever is actually from Hartland...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:58 pm

South West

A Boys:
-RNS (couple young guns with no pressure on them)
-Harvey (they shoot bad they lose)
-Hartland (Foster)
-John Caldwell (if the little point guard is out, that hurts them bad)

AA Boys:
-WHS (Not the coaches first rodeo)
-Fundy (talented)
-CNHS (hit hard with just about everything, but young Gray has them hanging in)
-SVHS

AAA Boys:
-FHS (Best player in the province)
-LHHS (They keep their heads they could be number 1)
-KVHS (very talented squad and pretty young)  
-SJHS

North East

A Boys
-Caledonia (play very hard)
-Stanley (winning by big margins so I've heard?)
-Peti
-Minto

AA Boys
-Tantramar (Favours for AA champs but haven't heard a lot about them?)
-Sugarloaf (could be scary if they are hitting shots)
-James M.
-JMA

AAA Boys
-RHS (big boys)
-MVHS (pretty fast and athletic)
-Moncton (play slow and play pretty good)
-BMHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBHoops7

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:00 pm

CoachBuckets wrote:
South West

A Boys:
-Hartland (Foster)

AA Boys:
-Fundy (talented)
-SVHS

AAA Boys:
-SJHS

North East

A Boys
-Peti
-Minto

AA Boys
-James M.
-JMA

AAA Boys
-RHS (big boys)
-BMHS

CNHS has Gray ? If so then Woodstock and Fundy have no chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:09 pm

NBHoops7 wrote:
CoachBuckets wrote:
South West

A Boys:
-Hartland (Foster)

AA Boys:
-Fundy (talented)
-SVHS

AAA Boys:
-SJHS

North East

A Boys
-Peti
-Minto

AA Boys
-James M.
-JMA

AAA Boys
-RHS (big boys)
-BMHS

CNHS has Gray ? If so then Woodstock and Fundy have no chance.

If I am not mistaken, isn't Jamie GRAY the head coach for CN?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Jamie Gray, the coach. Not Keegan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBHoops7

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:56 pm

Ballforlife12345 wrote:
Jamie Gray, the coach. Not Keegan

right.. my mistake..

i don't put as much stock in the coaches like some people in this thread... the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:28 am

As of 10 am this morning predictions mean squat;) Let's play ball!! Get out to a gym and support our high school athletes!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:20 pm

Any score updates from the first game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Just got word CN had a tough win over RHS, I guess it could have gone either way. I heard Woodstock easaly handed Hampton by 40?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
likemike113

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Fundy just beat carlton north by 44, Woodstock is playing saint Stephen right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoop dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:19 pm

AAA girls regional an exciting one. Kats given a scare by Harborview then lose to KV . Now do they win the 3-4 game tomorrow to go to KV next weekend or do they finish 4 to cross over to the east regional to play RHS or BMHS , teams they have handled easily all yr ???
SJHS blows out LHHS , rumour has LHHS has Coaching change coming for next year . A chance for them to move that program forward after it having been stalled for the last couple of years. Never boring this time of year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Woodstock beat St. Stephen by 50
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Hoop dreamer wrote:
AAA girls regional an exciting one. Kats given a scare by Harborview then lose to KV . Now do they win the 3-4 game tomorrow to go to KV next weekend or do they finish 4 to cross over to the east regional to play RHS or BMHS , teams they have handled easily all yr ???
SJHS blows out LHHS , rumour has LHHS has Coaching change coming for next year .  A chance for them to move that program forward after it having been stalled for the last couple of years. Never boring this time of year.

Did lady Lions not control the controllables?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Lady Lions change coaches more frequently than I change my socks. They'll never have a program until AD, the hockey guy is replaced by someone who treats all sports equally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Hoop dreamer wrote:
SJHS blows out LHHS , rumour has LHHS has Coaching change coming for next year .  A chance for them to move that program forward after it having been stalled for the last couple of years. Never boring this time of year.

Impressive win by Hounds. Why are you assuming Sectionals at KV don't think Sussex can give them a game?

Lots of surprised today. Guess the CN fans didn't get the outcome they were looking today. Kats take a tough loss. Huskies no as dominant as promised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:38 am

CoachDJR wrote:
Hoop dreamer wrote:

Impressive win by Hounds. Why are you assuming Sectionals at KV don't think Sussex can give them a game?

Lots of surprised today. Guess the CN fans didn't get the outcome they were looking today. Kats take a tough loss. Huskies no as dominant as promised.
Awww....did your favourite team get declawed? I'm sure you, Student and Tommy all shed a tear when that result became known. Don't worry coach, they are not eliminated....yet. I'm sure they'll pounce back....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
likemike113

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Fundy over Woodstock 58-55 in the regional final!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:12 pm

Harvey over RNS in regional final 94-59
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.   Today at 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Regionals 2014-2015.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2