HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4A Boys Mid February Ranking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:09 pm

This will be a difficult ranking to put together. Anyone want to take a shot at it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:35 pm

What the heck I'll take a shot.

1. Ainlay
2. Mcnally
3. LCI
4. Magrath
5. Cardston
6. BOB
7. O leary
8. Shep
9. SWC
10. Paul Kane

This is really tough. I've seen most of these teams play throughout the season in different tourneys and I try to follow scores online although I don't have access to exnet so I don't see everything. Ainlay has to be 1 in my opinion with mcnallys loss to Cardston, but mcnally has done enough otherwise that I don't think they should drop past 2. With BOB losing to card they LCI seems like the natural 3. I considered Cardston at 4 but with 3 losses to magrath I just can't see them moving above magrath even with their wins over mcnally and bob. This puts Cardston at 5 and bob at 6. 6 May be too low for bob. By end of season I think Cardston will be on top of magrath which can then keep bob in top 5. I dropped father lacombe out of top ten. Poor sports, undisciplined, questionable coaching. They aren't a top ten team in my opinion. 7-10 is more of a random guess on my part I've only seen Two of those teams play so I really don't know. But I think the teams I have in the top 6 deserve to be in that group even if the order ends up being different in the end. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Ranking    Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:51 pm

Only one issue is that father lacombe beat magrath again this weekend so if ft lc is ranked have to be higher then magrath since they played two times and ft lc won both same with magrath cardston issue so don't ask me how they figure it out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:42 pm

Ya that does complicate it I suppose. I don't know, this ranking will end up being somewhat subjective I think as the comparisons and matchups just aren't making it easy. I suppose based on the most recent performances Cardston would have to be ahead of magrath but would rankers do that with their head to head results? Maybe I'm way off in dropping father lacombe off the top ten. I just haven't been impressed in what I've seen but I understand they do have wins against quality teams. My gut tells me that 4 is a few spots too high for magrath, but i think it's hard to rank Cardston any lower than 5 with their most recent wins. So maybe based on this ranking period alone, Cardston can move up to 4 with bob at 5 and then magrath stays about the same at 7 or so with father lacombe in their too. But paul Kane also beat father lacombe so that needs to be addressed as well. It's a mess, but in my opinion, more fun that way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:33 pm

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I'd also like to know how they come up with it. There is going to have to be some real subjective decision making and I can't see everyone agreeing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:13 pm

I don't think Magrath's wins over Cardston will be enough to put them that far up. This is a really subjective look at it and a lot of it comes from seeing teams play rather than just scores because the scores alone make this hard to rank. My best guess:

1. HA
2. BM
3. LCI
4. Cardston
5. BOB
6. OL
7. EM
8. RS
9. Magrath
10. SWC

HM BF
HM WA
HM FL
HM PK
HM SF Calgary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
localhoopfan

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:30 pm

Went to my first high school game of the year and saw Ernest Manning blow out Bob by 30 in Calgary league play. Up by 15 at half, 35 after the 3rd and cruised in the 4th. 3 guards on EM played exceptionally well and two of them were raining 3s.#12 Brodie Davis for EM was the best player on the court and should be on University watch lists. Not much for post play on either team - both teams had the guards taking most of the shots. EM's went in and BOB's didn't!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:40 pm

That score was just posted. Sounds like an impressive win. I don't know if it counts for this ranking period. Does anyone know if there really is a cut off day or is it whatever is up there when the decisions are made?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:37 pm

That game does count toward this ranking period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Ranking are up    Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Here they are
1 HA
2 BM
3 LCI
4 Cardston
5 BOB
6 Oleary
7 sir winston
8 shep
9 magrath
10 WA
Seems about right might change sir winston magrath but I have a pro south view and magrath needs to do something out side south
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Looks ok to me. However with Ernest mannings 30 point win over bob you'd think they have to be up in the top ten somewhere. Unless that was some kind of miracle and they have a bunch of bad losses stacked up in the past month. I think the top 5 is a pretty safe bet though with the exception of maybe bob. Do they have enough wins against good teams to keep them at 5 after losing to Cardston ans Ernest manning?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:15 am

Cardston lost to Ross Shepard and raymond lost to Ainley last night. The shep CHS was not close and Raymond was beating Ainley at halftime but Ainleys big guns stepped up after half and peered to 16 pt victory
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Ainlay won the tournament by 19 over Shep. We have the right team at the number one spot. After that it is whoever gets hot. Cardston did not look like a top five team this weekend and Shep did. LCI needs to play a top team or two. I still like McNally and think the loss to Cardston was probably a blip. BOB continues to be over-ranked. What `top`team have they beaten. You could argue the same about Oleary. Have they beat a top ranked team all year. Churchill has a couple of weak losses but at least they have wins over McNally, BOB, RS, and Oleary. I would watch out for EM. That was a big win over BOB. I thought that that should have got them a top 10. Where did Aberhart come from and who have they beat to slip in ahead of EM. Playoffs and provincials are going to be a ton of fun-just saying!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:56 pm

WA is good but they haven't beaten a single top 10 team however they have beaten a few HM which is probably why they're 10. Definitely watch out for EM. LCI has numerous victories over top 10 teams. I think they are where they should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Mid February Ranking   Today at 1:52 am

Back to top Go down

4A Boys Mid February Ranking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1