HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Final 12 Champions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
silkysmoove

PostSubject: Final 12 Champions   Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:48 pm

After today's outcomes and the matches set, who do you believe will win in their respective championship games?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach474

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:49 pm

A girls-JCS
A Boys- Harvey (would like to see RNS win just to see the uproar) Can the rest of us start recruiting Sunday?
AA Girls- WHS
AA Boys- WHS
AAA Girls- Sussex
AAA Boys- KV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBHoops7

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:06 pm

silkysmoove wrote:
After today's outcomes and the matches set, who do you believe will win in their respective championship games?

I dunno. Im just so happy the COTY got KV the upset today and gets to play at Harbour Station!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallfanNB

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:12 pm

I agree with statement above, but in A boys, if Andrew Milner and Will Spaulding can hang in there for RNS, they actually have a good chance of overcoming Harvey. They actually did beat Harvey about a month ago. It's amazing what those 2 players can do for that team. I have no personal preference of either team so will be happy for whomever wins. Recruits or whatever, they are damn good players. Good luck to both teams next weekend, nothing will surprise me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Since most of team I predicted are currently planning to go snow shoeing I am going to throw logic aside and choose following
A girls Grand Mahan, no community in NB deserves a break more than GM and these ladies led by a fine coach Amanda Sharpe
A boys like others would like to see if anything changes if Rns wins doubt it no one at Nbiaa seemed to take note when Rns girls and Devon Park Christian boys won with Gillis playing
A Woodstock girls, tribute to Dave Daye and all who put in development time, without it teams don't go to HS
Woodstock boys, see above
Sussex, tribute to Peter Mac and others who have invested in young people, although have real good feel for Bernice coaching
Kv, no one in NB has worked longer and harder at every level than coach Paul Vaughn, hope it's your year, great coaching job to defeat Fhs when you were bleeding bigs at a rapid pace.
Everyone enjoy, great year in hs bball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:09 pm

A boys - I am putting my money on the Harvey boys as they have dominated A ball all year with the exception of one game against RNS ( HHS dominated them by 20 and 35 the other two times) they went 24-1 over "A" teams this season.

A girls - my heart says GM but I think JCS may pull out a 5 point game here. GM made a great comeback against HHS to win by one but JCS may be too strong

AA boys- Fundy by 10

AA girls - Woodstock by 15+

AAA boys - Riverview by 3

AAA girls - Sussex by 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:19 pm

BallfanNB wrote:
I agree with statement above, but in A boys, if Andrew Milner and Will Spaulding can hang in there for RNS, they actually have a good chance of overcoming Harvey. They actually did beat Harvey about a month ago. It's amazing what those 2 players can do for that team. I have no personal preference of either team so will be happy for whomever wins. Recruits or whatever, they are damn good players. Good luck to both teams next weekend, nothing will surprise me.  

Let's face it — these 2 are good but they aren't going to the NBA. Can't blame them for using their basketball skills to pay for their education and springboard them into the chosen careers. Nothing against them they are highly skilled and fun to watch for sure!
The powers that be at RNS see them as investments plain and simple. These players provide a major instant improvement to the program with a great chance at hanging a banner in their gym. In return RNS can now sell that they run a top notch program in hopes to lure more local "full paying" students from the greater St.John area. Great plan if it works and they start attracting more highly skilled players....winning sells.

The problem....
This gives them a HUGE advantage against every Class "A" school in the province.
When you have a small school like Campobello for example who struggles with the numbers just to field a team (8 players on the team this year) it is discouraging to see what RNS is doing. Plenty of other schools are in the same boat, because of the numbers they don't hold competitive tryouts and cut players....they start with the first practice of the season and whoever shows up is on the team. You may start to see some schools drop out altogether because they know they can't compete. RNS should do the right thing and move up next year....which they have done in the past.

It will be the Battle of the Built (Harvey)versus The Bought (RNS)on Saturday at Harbour Station. RNS may be the underdog in this game but it will still be hard to cheer for them....GO LAKERS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
observer

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:25 pm

I am not saying I agree with what RNS is doing, but if other teams are dropping programs because of RNS those other teams have bigger issues than winning or losing. In the end, everyone is playing for a banner, but do we want to send the message that if we aren't favoured to win we should just stop trying? We need to remember that this is high school sports we are discussing. If players, fans, and coaches would think about what is best for the athletes in the long term, instead of short-term success, our whole system would improve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Very well said agree totally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:29 pm

When you have a team that starts to dominate the playing field because they can simply buy talent that's an unfair advantage. I believe that small school basketball will suffer if they are allowed to continue recruiting....who will they go after next year if they don't win a banner this year??? Like you said Observer this is only high school sports not college.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
observer

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:52 pm

In honour of the late Jerry Tarkanian: "9 out of 10 teams are cheating and the other one is in last place." In all seriousness, I am not arguing that RNS is gaining an advantage, and that isn't right. However, there isn't much the coaches or players in Campobello can do about that. Players should be taught to control what they can control. This probably won't be the last time in their lives they face a situation they deem to be "unfair." Do you want to each them to quit and back down when faced with adversity or to fight through it. To keep up with the quotes theme John Wooden said "I never judge success based on whether we won a championship, but on whether we reached our potential."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:39 pm

As said many times before there goal is to have an elite program and attract the best talent they can. I am sure they don't want there sales pitch to athletes to be we dominate against schools that cut nobody. They had to start somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Interesting how her first year at Dp they had a girls team went to the show lost to Tobique, next year no girls team so off to the boys championsip which they won and Gillis every bit a starter. Just wondering how things could change that quickly, not a comment on her abilities but the schools commitment to wbb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coaster

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:15 pm

Much like many other schools in single A it's about numbers. With 23-28 girls in 9th-12th grade you get what you get. FCA also did not have a senior girls team this year but did have 8 girls play JV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
observer

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:24 pm

Interesting that we go from talking about a small, 'A' private school recruiting players (RNS) and then jump to the case of why their is no varsity girls team at another 'A' private schools (Devon Park). had a very strong girls team, full of young players who advanced to Harbour Station two seasons ago. Those players all ended up at Leo Hayes the following season. Apparently recruiting does not always a positive for these schools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach474

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:45 pm

Has there ever been any thought given to playing the All Star games at the same venue as the Final 12? Playing at a venue like Harbour Station is something every athlete will remember. Seems like it would draw more fans for the weekend overall I understand it means renting the facility for one more day but it sure would be a lot more fun for the players. There must be a way to raise the money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Winners

A
Girls - JCS
Boys - HHS

AA
Girls - WHS
Boys - FHS

AAA
Girls - BMHS
Boys - KVHS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:02 pm

RNS will need no other players to win it all next year, just return what they have,,,only one grade 12 as it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:33 am

Metta Peace wrote:
RNS will need no other players to win it all next year, just return what they have,,,only one grade 12 as it is.  

I think there are a few teams that might stand in their way.......plus I hear there are a few A teams that will be recruiting as well...... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Auerbach

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:19 am

A Boys - RNS (keep on winning despite all the complaints)
AA Boys - WHS (experience)
AAA Boys - KVHS (too many weapons)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
observer

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:52 am

A Boys- Harvey by 15
A Girls - JC by 25

AA Boys - Woodstock by 5
AA Girls - Woodstock by 30

AAA Boys - KV by 20
AAA Girls - BMHS by 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Weighing In : A girls GM
A boys HHS
AA girls WHS
AA boys FHS
AAA girls SRHS
AAA boys RHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:07 pm

A Girls - JC
A Boys - RNS - Makes for better for forum material
AA Girls - Woodstock (I will give 3 to 1 to anyone that wants to take JMH)
AA Boys - Fundy (I would be lynched if I didn't pick them)
AAA Girls -- BMHS (this is my upset pick)
AAA Boys - KVHS

It has been a great year. How nice it is to not see a Freddy based team in the AAA mix!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rivhoops

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm

A girls -- John Caldwell
A boys-- Harvey
AA girls -- Woodstock
AA boys -- Fundy
AAA girls -- Sussex
AAA boys -- Riverview High
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://riverviewhoops.wix.com/riverview-hoops#
The Truth

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:03 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Metta Peace wrote:

I think there are a few teams that might stand in their way.......plus I hear there are a few A teams that will be recruiting as well...... Smile

Just going to tease the information or are you going break the story NBIAA insider?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Today at 9:02 am

Back to top Go down

Final 12 Champions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next