HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Final 12 Champions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Sou_by_Souwest wrote:
A Girls - JC
A Boys - RNS - Makes for better for forum material
AA Girls - Woodstock (I will give 3 to 1 to anyone that wants to take JMH)
AA Boys - Fundy (I would be lynched if I didn't pick them)
AAA Girls -- BMHS (this is my upset pick)
AAA Boys - KVHS

It has been a great year. How nice it is to not see a Freddy based team in the AAA mix!!!

3 to 1? There is no value in that...you are a tough bookie. Give me 3 to 1 and +25 points...
I'm off to downtown Calgary to meet up with some friends for an early supper and then off to the Saddledome to watch Bruins @ Flames.
Mr. Beeball4lifee....would you like me to obtain a Lucic or Marchand autograph for you? Ok, I'll see what I can do....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coaster

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Some really great bulletin board stuff for RNS boys. Read tomorrow's NB News sports section. According to the Harvey coach they are the clear "favorite ". Today's paper suggested they rename the venue to "Harvey Station". Anyone for some pie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:59 pm

coaster wrote:
Some really great bulletin board stuff for RNS boys. Read tomorrow's NB News sports section. According to the Harvey coach they are the clear "favorite ". Today's paper suggested they rename the venue to "Harvey Station". Anyone for some pie?
That's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:16 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Sou_by_Souwest wrote:
A Girls - JC
A Boys - RNS - Makes for better for forum material
AA Girls - Woodstock (I will give 3 to 1 to anyone that wants to take JMH)
AA Boys - Fundy (I would be lynched if I didn't pick them)
AAA Girls -- BMHS (this is my upset pick)
AAA Boys - KVHS

It has been a great year. How nice it is to not see a Freddy based team in the AAA mix!!!

3 to 1? There is no value in that...you are a tough bookie. Give me 3 to 1 and +25 points...
I'm off to downtown Calgary to meet up with some friends for an early supper and then off to the Saddledome to watch Bruins @ Flames.
Mr. Beeball4lifee....would you like me to obtain a Lucic or Marchand autograph for you? Ok, I'll see what I can do....

Breaker I would rather have your autograph than those scrubs!!!!.......just put it on a blank cheque and throw it in the mail Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alumni3

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:27 am

coaster wrote:

Anyone else find it funny how cocky Harvey got within the past two - three years? Sure they have had some talent roll through, but do you think they still would've have done this well had they not been pushed down to 'A'. I highly doubt they could handle the likes of WHS or FHS boys in 'AA' this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:58 am

Alumni3 wrote:
coaster wrote:

Anyone else find it funny how cocky Harvey got within the past two - three years? Sure they have had some talent roll through, but do you think they still would've have done this well had they not been pushed down to 'A'. I highly doubt they could handle the likes of WHS or FHS boys in 'AA' this year.

Hmm a newbie adds a new account at 12:30 at night and starts talking smack......are you drunk?

Good luck to both Fundy and Woodstock ......that should be a great "AA" final at Harbour Station!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silkysmoove

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:00 am

I heard that in a Harvey vs FHS game this year, Fundy put up over 100 points and won by 30+ ? But I also heard they managed to beat Carleton North amd Tantramar who some had as the top 2 teams in AA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silkysmoove

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:01 am

I'm talking about Harvey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alumni3

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:09 am

No I was not "Drunk" or talking smack. Im just stating the truth. Harvey has got on a high horse since being dropped down to "A" but I think most everyone knows that if they would've stayed in "AA" they wouldn't be as successful as they were in "A"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:25 am

Alumni3 wrote:
No I was not "Drunk" or talking smack. Im just stating the truth. Harvey has got on a high horse since being dropped down to "A" but I think most everyone knows that if they would've stayed in "AA" they wouldn't be as successful as they were in "A"

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Harvey always been an A school? Except for the years the Nbiaa had the two tiered system?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alumni3

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:28 am

No Harvey was not always an A school. In 2011-12 when they shuffled the leagues and GM, Harvey, McAdam and RNS were AA got dropped down to A and St Stephen and Rothesay went from AAA to AA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:44 am

Alumni3 wrote:
No Harvey was not always an A school. In 2011-12 when they shuffled the leagues and GM, Harvey, McAdam and RNS were AA got dropped down to A and St Stephen and Rothesay went from AAA to AA.

Alumni, you are confused..the only time they were AA is when Nbiaa went to the 2 tiered system. WHS would have been push AAA then. There was no A with the 2 tier and it only lasted for 1 or 2 years
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:59 am

celtic wrote:
Alumni3 wrote:

Alumni, you are confused..the only time they were AA is when Nbiaa went to the 2 tiered system. WHS would have been push AAA then. There was no A with the 2 tier and it only lasted for 1 or 2 years

There was a 3 year period where there were 2 tiers. AA and AAA. Everyone not of AAA size played AA whether you were SV or Campbellton or DP or Campobello. Harvey was only AA during those 3 years along with everyone else. Prior to that Harvey was A and now they are A once again.

Once the NBIAA returned to AAA, AA, A Harvey was returned to A with their counterparts as well as some schools that had been AA previous to the 3 year experiment. In fact I think if you look at AA now FUndy boys will be just the 2nd team (along with the SV girls) since that 3 years in either boys or girls who was not a AAA during the experiment time to be in the AA finals.

During the three year AA/ AAA only experiment the teams that won at Harbour Station included teams like Devon Park and Sugarloaf so size wise not that far removed from Harvey on either side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:28 am

Alumni3 wrote:

LOL they didn't get "dropped" down to A , that is what classification they should be in ........please explain your comment on how a school with 160 boys and girls in grades 9-12 should be in the same classification of a school like Fundy who has 544 and Woodstock who has 650+........are you also arguing that Woodstock was "pushed" down from "AAA" that they played in 2009-2011 to "AA" ???? Are you angry about that too?

Just for clarification N.B.I.A.A classifies schools by the following

AAA over 700 students
AA 300 to 699 students
A Less than 299

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:31 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Alumni3 wrote:

LOL they didn't get "dropped" down to A , that is what classification they should be in ........please explain your comment on how a school with 160 boys and girls in grades 9-12 should be in the same classification of a school like Fundy who has 544 and Woodstock who has 650+........are you also arguing that Woodstock was "pushed" down from "AAA" that they played in 2009-2011 to "AA" ???? Are you angry about that too?

AAA over 700 students
AA 300 to 699 students
A Less than 299

now go crawl back into your dark little corner troll and think before you speak.....oh wait you are probably in grade 9 phys ed class right about now!

Umm   . . . could you send the extra 200 kids to Fundy that you feel should be going here. We could use the bodies thanks!

Seriously though our student population is like 495ish 7-12 so a little less than 350 kids 9-12. We are weaker at basketball then some AA and AAA schools, this year our varsity boys and girls beat all the top contenders in A and were and continue to be in the conversation for top teams in AA. It wasn't that long ago though that teams were asking our basketball programs to go Exh rather then play in leagues and that we were losing to small no traditional basketball schools like Nackawic by large margins. I understand that population plays a large role but the reality is that there are some AAA schools in hoops that wouldn't beat average A schools. Population is only 1 piece of the puzzle. Doesn't mean I think that KV and Campo should be in the same league or playoff just that its more complicated then just school size.

Last edited by CoachDJR on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alumni3

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:32 am

Haha it seems I have struck a nerve. All I was saying is Harvey isn't as high and mighty as everyone says. There is only 2 or 3 teams in A boys that are competitive. I'm just saying put them where they were 3-4 years ago they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:41 am

CoachDJR wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Alumni3 wrote:

AAA over 700 students
AA 300 to 699 students
A Less than 299

Umm   . . . could you send the extra 200 kids to Fundy that you feel should be going here. We could use the bodies thanks!

LOL sorry I was just going with the info on the internet about  Fundy High School  << see link.....I know I know never trust the internet Smile

I agree also that school size only plays a small part in the quality of the schools sports program but that is how NBIAA classifies schools. Fundy has made great strides over the last few years to be a very competitive force in both boys and girls but like you said that comes with a lot of hard work by many individuals to get it to that point.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some great basketball being played this weekend coming up and whether you are from a small rural school or the big city all these kids have worked there asses off and deserve to enjoy the experience.

Last edited by BeeBall4Lifee on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:41 am

Alumni3 wrote:
Haha it seems I have struck a nerve. All I was saying is Harvey isn't as high and mighty as everyone says. There is only 2 or 3 teams in A boys that are competitive. I'm just saying put them where they were 3-4 years ago they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

Your still not making sense! When the 2 tiered system was in place..the majority of AA championships were won by small school who were formerly A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 am

Go RNS! I say rothesay wins by 15+ because number 4 and number 13 will work well together and take control of the game and shut down noah and curtis and once they get hot in the head its game over Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:39 am

AA Games on tonight.

I think both games will be decent.

The girls game will be closer then most peple are expecting. I expect the gamet will be called tighter then both these teams would like to see if called. This lack of flow eliminates big runs by WHS and keeps the game at foul lines. WHS with a huge size advantage but will need to use footwork and execution not just bullying people if they want to keep their talent on the floor. JMH won't get much mileage out of their pressure defense with a larger floor and vs larger athletes. Expect the game to be choppy with both teams having to play out of their comfort zones. Woodstock has more talent and size to just get finishes. Will get seperation but not a tremendous amount WHS by 15-18.

Boys game should be high energy and action packed. Will come down to who can make more shots and end more runs by the other team. FHS by 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:16 am

CoachDJR wrote:
AA Games on tonight.

I think both games will be decent.

The girls game will be closer then most peple are expecting. I expect the gamet will be called tighter then both these teams would like to see if called. This lack of flow eliminates big runs by WHS and keeps the game at foul lines. WHS with a huge size advantage but will need to use footwork and execution not just bullying people if they want to keep their talent on the floor. JMH won't get much mileage out of their pressure defense with a larger floor and vs larger athletes. Expect the game to be choppy with both teams having to play out of their comfort zones. Woodstock has more talent and size to just get finishes. Will get seperation but not a tremendous amount WHS by 15-18.

Boys game should be high energy and action packed. Will come down to who can make more shots and end more runs by the other team.  FHS by 8.

It will be a disappointment if they call the game so close that there is no game flow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:10 pm

I think the officiating will be fine. All the officials assigned this weekend are top officials who will do a good job.

Both of these teams are capable of making adjustments but both prefer games where they can bump/clutch a little bit ( I think most kids and teams do) but on this stage making adjustments because of emotions can be difficult. I don't think the responsibility lies with the officials to let the kids play, rather for kids to be able to adjust and execute on offense and defense with technique and not just physicality. Game flow is not dictated by officials, they are simply officiating what they see. IF you want them to change what they are calling, change what they are seeing.

I am also interested in watching games this year because officials are coming from not only pools at sectionals but also could have officiated if they did a college or university game last weekend. Standard for footwork in most CIS and ACAA games is often much tighter then in most high school games. Again not something I expect to be a factor as all the officials at this level will be qualified and top, more thinking about kids responding in such an emotional venue to anything they might percieve as out of the ordinary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#builtnotbought

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Good luck to everyone this weekend!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 pm

My Stone cold leadpipe locks:

AA Girls: Obvious pick - Woodstock by 20+.....hope it's closer for the fans.

AA Boys: I said I would never pick against Woodstock....but, it seems that Fundy has had their number this year. I'll pick Woodstock, but cheer for Fundy....played university with a couple of Fundy lads (Walsh & Hatt)....and Vautour was one of favourite refs when I played...so, go Fundy. Woodstock has won more than their fair share....Woodstock by 4....

Good Luck to all teams....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Woodstock girls win AA final
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final 12 Champions   Today at 7:29 am

Back to top Go down

Final 12 Champions