HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016   Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:43 pm

This year is over. Time to think about next year. What's everybody's predictions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016   Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:27 pm

Too early too know. Wait until recruitment period ends Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016   Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Hahahahaha!!!! Good one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016   Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:35 pm

I have just obtained the recruitment letter RNS has been sending out to all of Nova Scotia's elite players:

Dear _______(name of recruit)

Hey Big Man, Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that we love the way you play ball. Your an amazing athlete and competitor. Let's build something special together here at RNS. We need a player like you to come in here and make an instant impact. Let us outline our 4 point plan for our program:
#1-Recruit great players.
#2-Win games.
#3-Recruit more great players.
#4-Win more games.
Control your own destiny and come to RNS. This place is unreal bro you'll love it here. RNS needs=Ballers, You=Baller.
We look forward to hearing from you soon! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016   Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:41 pm

I love it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: Re: Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016   Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:16 pm

I hope RNS gets another couple athletes for their program. If they have a good recruiting year, they will move up from single A to the appropriate level. It is of no benefit to the athletes or their programs to have them stay down and demolish single A teams. This is not what they are trying to do. Having another strong high school basketball team in the province is going to help everyone get better. Competition = Improvement. If they do no succeed in getting anyone then it will be a lot of fun watching them and Harvey battle it out the next few years!!

I was only going to watch one game this weekend and ended up watching all six. I am being admitted to a self help program for my addiction this afternoon.

So in descending order of entertainment value, here is my list from the weekend:

1) AAA Boys. When Gbemi layed down the put back slam on the offensive rebound, everyone in the gym felt the momentum swing.
2) A Boys - See- saw battle that was entertaining. Three point shooting exhibition in Q4 by Brett Curtis.
3) AAA Girls -- Strategy wins out over talent. If you are going to win a AAA girls banner in the province the next few years, you are going to need to figure out how to beat an aggressive 1-3-1 zone.
4) AA Boys -- Always felt like it was Woodstock's game. Gray boys shot the lights out. Fundy shooters did not get on track.
5) AA Girls -- It was a game for about one quarter and then Woodstock showed they were the class of the group.
6) A Girls - Never a doubt on this one. Two much size and speed for JC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016   Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Sou_by_Souwest wrote:
I hope RNS gets another couple athletes for their program. If they have a good recruiting year, they will move up from single A to the appropriate level. It is of no benefit to the athletes or their programs to have them stay down and demolish single A teams. This is not what they are trying to do. Having another strong high school basketball team in the province is going to help everyone get better. Competition = Improvement.   If they do no succeed in getting anyone then it will be a lot of fun watching them and Harvey battle it out the next few years!!

I was only going to watch one game this weekend and ended up watching all six. I am being admitted to a self help program for my addiction this afternoon.

So in descending order of entertainment value, here is my list from the weekend:

1) AAA Boys. When Gbemi layed down the put back slam on the offensive rebound, everyone in the gym felt the momentum swing.
2) A Boys - See- saw battle that was entertaining. Three point shooting exhibition in Q4 by Brett Curtis.
3) AAA Girls -- Strategy wins out over talent. If you are going to win a AAA girls banner in the province the next few years, you are going to need to figure out how to beat an aggressive 1-3-1 zone.
4) AA Boys -- Always felt like it was Woodstock's game. Gray boys shot the lights out. Fundy shooters did not get on track.
5) AA Girls -- It was a game for about one quarter and then Woodstock showed they were the class of the group.
6) A Girls - Never a doubt on this one. Two much size and speed for JC.

I would agree in principle here. IT was great to have a Final 12 where a) at least 4 of the 6 games felt like they were still in the balance getting deeper into the 4th. b) there weren't cases of what feel like foregone conclusions.

A Girls game is tough draw for GM who had 1 great weekend at the right time playing a JC team that looks like it only had 1 bad day at the right time to get them motivated. Liston did everything she could to keep her team in it but just didn't get enough help at either end. JC looked and played like a team who'd been there before.

A boys - Good ball game by all reports. Only one I didn't see. Looks like Harvey's experience pays off late.

AA girls - JMH improves all year and shows the fearlessness that got them there early. Woodstock eventually goes big and just starts pounding the offensive glass and protecting their rim without fouling.

AA boys - Great energy in this game. Crowd was one of the largest of the weekend. AFter Fundy settled in it was back and forth all game long just got down by too much too early to have to play from behind basically all night. Woodstock's big three abosultely took over. Experience matters.

AAA Gals - Another solid game. Sussex didn't shoot as well as they would have liked on the inside or out. I actually thought they did a good job of getting shots they wanted vs zone just couldn't finish. Bulman finishing tough inside and not missing free throws the difference as BMHS got enough seperation and kept it. Now that Sussex has been there and wants to get back and win it I'm not sure how many years in a row you want to pencil them into this game but it shoudl be a few.

AAA boys - Great game. Riverview uses their length and zone defense to keep the game pace down and low scoring. Hung around and made big plays on the boards late. Shame about O'Neill not being available different game in that case, but great win on boards late for RHS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: Re: Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016   Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Thx for analysis, sounds consistent with TJ reporting which I thought was best in years. Looking ahead I continue to beat theme that schools with Jv and minor programs will keep showing up at final, most of this years participants have solid roots. Hats off to those people behind the scenes putting in the time. Have to give special high five to Woodstock,here is a small community that gets behind bball teams and has for 50 years I have played and watched. Toughest gym in NB to play in. Surprise team was Grand Mahan, good show in tough year. Nice to see Paul Vaughn,Kv be recognized with Dave MacPherson award,Dave would like this choice. Bernice. 2/3 is special, fly under radar and work to be ready, well coached Terry etal. Sussex should continue to challenge again good community support, Jv team had great year ,hope they are not the Buffalo bills, some year you have to win. This year there were some upsets, disappointments, some already working on next year,thx for doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016   Today at 6:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Final Twelve Predictions 2015-2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1