HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Pay Per View for this year's BC's - your thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Pay Per View for this year's BC's - your thoughts?   Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:47 pm

What are your thoughts?

This year they have introduced PPV online for the BC's.
$5.50 (US dollars) for a day (about $7.20 CAN)
$16.50 (US dollars) for the whole event (about $21.50 CAN)

Would you pay this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
perfectgame

PostSubject: Re: Pay Per View for this year's BC's - your thoughts?   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:12 pm

I would pay for this and have done so. I will be at LEC for the games I can make but its nice to be able to check in on games from the office - I'm essentially paying twice as I have an LEC tournament pass and a full tournament pass for the streaming. I have a player in the tournament and its also nice for him to be able to watch his own game after the fact. I also paid for streaming of a few days of the Jr. Boys provincials which was actually more expensive than the Sr. Boys prices. If I was a parent who was not able to attend due to work or being out of town, I would love that this service is available.

It does seem though that LEC is getting you coming and going - pay to attend, pay to watch at home, can't bring in a Starbucks. It would be nice if the tournament pass you buy at the LEC came with a code for free online viewing.

Unfortunately, for me the quality of the live streaming has not been that great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AIMbball

PostSubject: Re: Pay Per View for this year's BC's - your thoughts?   Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Would love for sponsors to pay. I'm curious if viewing was down?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swoosh

PostSubject: Re: Pay Per View for this year's BC's - your thoughts?   Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:22 am

Can the games be downloaded if I buy the pay per view? Or is there some other way to get a permanent copy of the games? The website says the on-demand games will only be available until the end of the this academic year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: Pay Per View for this year's BC's - your thoughts?   Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Swoosh wrote:
Can the games be downloaded if I buy the pay per view? Or is there some other way to get a permanent copy of the games? The website says the on-demand games will only be available until the end of the this academic year.

Originally the wording on the site (at least for Juniors) said games could be downloaded but then they corrected it: no downloads or "hard copies" this year. Only thing I can think of is if you try to 'record' the stream using capturing software. Not sure if that violates any policies but I don't think there was any copyright disclaimer on the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
Swoosh

PostSubject: Re: Pay Per View for this year's BC's - your thoughts?   Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:16 pm

This is the answer I got from Stretch customer support:

Unfortunately, due to licensing and copyright issues, we are not able to make archived broadcasts available for sale or download. We would recommend contacting the school directly about obtaining a copy of the event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pay Per View for this year's BC's - your thoughts?   Today at 7:14 am

Back to top Go down

Pay Per View for this year's BC's - your thoughts?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1