HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Before Howard comes out with his Pre-Pre-Season rankings for next season, what does everyone think?
The probable consensus is Kelowna and Churchill as the clear top teams, who else can compete?
Here's my early Pre-Season Top 10 + HM for next season.

1. Kelowna
2. Churchill
3. Kitsilano
4. Walnut Grove
5. Tamanawis
6. Terry Fox
7. Holy Cross
8. Yale
9. Panorama Ridge
10.WJ Mouat

HM.Oak Bay
HM.Killarney
HM.St. Georges
HM.West Van
HM.Cowichan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cdnballers

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:32 pm

3A ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Cdnballers wrote:
3A ?

3A

1. STM
2. Abby Sr
3. Steveston-London
4. Byrne Creek
5. McNair
6. Richmond
7. MEI
8. McMath
9. Nanaimo
10.Rick Hansen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fraser valley

PostSubject: 4A Pre-Season Rankings   Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:53 pm

4A Pre-Season Rankings

1. Kelowna
2. Churchill
3. Kits
4. Walnut Grove
5. Panorama
6. Mouat
7. Yale
8. Terry Fox
9. Holy Cross
10. Cowichan

HM. St.Georges
HM. West Vancouver
HM. Oak Bay
HM. Tamanawis
HM. Kilarney
Back to top Go down
View user profile
surreyball1

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:24 pm

4A Rankings
1. Kelowna - Majority of the team back
2. Churchill - Once again everyone is back besides Gary
3. Kitsilano - Ranked most of this year and return a lot of players
4. Walnut Grove - Very good group of Jrs moving up and a group of grade 11s who were one of the best in jr
5. WJ Mouat - One of the most overlooked teams, can shoot better then anyone. Jass Singh is very underrated.
6. Terry Fox - Lots of returning players who were one of the top teams as Jrs
7. Holy Cross- Everyone besides Taylors Back
8. Panorama Ridge- Return every single player
9. Tamanawis - Return 3 starters and got a great group of jrs moving up
10. Yale - Return 3 starters including Riley Braich
11. West Vancouver - Jr Champions Last yr
12. Killarney - Jr Champions this year and also made Jr Bcs a year ago
13. Cowichan - Led by Humza Khan and Noah Charles
14. Oak Bay - Lose two of their best players but still got some good players coming back
15. St. Georges - Great group of grade 10s moving up
16. Van College - Rhysen John plus others coming back, always good.
17. Lord Tweedsmuir - Most grade 11s were overshadowed by the grade 12s but they made jr bcs a year ago.
18. Fleetwood Park - Return 2 starters plus lots of other players who couldve started on a lot of teams
19. North Surrey - Led by this years leading scorer Aaqib Dhillon, PG Jasman Basra and 6'6 Josh Goulet
20. Claremont- Lots of returning Players

Others to consider: Princess Margaret, Enver Creek, GP Vanier, Port Moody, Pinetree
Most competitive league in my opinion will be the FV East and Central

3A
1. Delta - Two best players are back in Jas Singh and Jake Cowley
2. STM- Return 3 of there best players, made BCs as juniors
3. Wellington- Return all starters
4. McMath- Return 2-3 Starters, this group has made BCs every year besides grade 9
5. Richmond- Return there big man and PG, both were there top players this year
6. Valleyview- Return majority of there team that made BCs this year.
7. Steveston London- Return there two best players plus others
8. Prince George - Return there best player from this year PG tyrell laing
9. Rick Hansen- Guard oriented team with all major contributors back
10. Byrne Creek- Led by Malik Holmes and Stanley
11. MEI- Lots of players returning, were one of the top teams in the valley as Jrs
12. Naniamo District - Return team BC big man Callum Gemma
13. Robert Bateman - Return Starters in Nate Friesan and Hardeep Sidhu plus many others who contributed
14. Queen Elizabeth - Return 3 starters plus many role players
15. Hugh Boyd- Return majority of the team from this year.
16. Sullivan Heights - Led by Miguel Medrano and Brendan O'Brien
17. Guildford Park- Virtually the whole team is back, lack size
18. Abby Sr - There best player is back but only returning player who played major mins this year

others to look at: Hugh Mcroberts, Bodwell, South Kamloops, Vernon.
Most competitive league will be Richmond and the Lower Mainlands will be very very tough with only 4 teams getting out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BestHoop

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:44 pm

I thought Delta is losing Jas and Jake..that's the rumour anyways but if they both return they will be top 3 team in 3A.

Top 5 for 3A

STM
Wellington
Steveston-London
Rick Hansen
MEI

But there will be a lot of parity again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15 pm

I heard those 2 were going to a traditional valley powerhouse, along with one of the best grade 9's in BC. If that happens, that school will be just as good as Kelowna and Churchill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BestHoop

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:47 pm

rumour is that one is going to Holy Cross and the other one either to Panorama or Lord Tweedsmuir. Again all rumours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6thMan

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:23 pm

I think they are both pretty much gone from Delta. I believe Cowley and his family are moving from the Delta area. I am not sure to which school he will be enrolled but I have heard Walnut Grove as a possible place. I believe Singh is looking at a Surrey school possibly Panorama Ridge or Tamanawis. Though there are rumors that Tomley will also be leaving Tamanawis to join Walnut Grove as well for what thats worth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
surreyball1

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:13 am

6thMan wrote:
I think they are both pretty much gone from Delta. I believe Cowley and his family are moving from the Delta area. I am not sure to which school he will be enrolled but I have heard Walnut Grove as a possible place. I believe Singh is looking at a Surrey school possibly Panorama Ridge or Tamanawis. Though there are rumors that Tomley will also be leaving Tamanawis to join Walnut Grove as well for what thats worth.

Seems like the High School Free agency period is in full swing, every player from like grade 5 to 11 just turns into a free agent nowdays. Loyalty and hardwork is hard to find but a fake address isn't. Coaches feeding their egos and players not learning the right values, sucks for the kids that play at the same school every year, work hard and miss out on a banner, a berth to BCs because someone cheated. Only thing bad about BC Basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVRox

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Surreyball1 - There are always lots of rumors, but do cheaters win...?

The last 4 champions have been Terry Fox, Walnut Grove, SWC & Yale. Two teams had solid teams with an exceptional player (Sclater/Minhas), 2 had D1 talent (JBB - Yale, Cohee - WGSS).

Granted "free agency" did help Walnut Grove with the arrival of Josh Mayorga. Free Agency didn't help Holy Cross, St Georges or KSS.

*** Everyone knows the real free agency period is Grade 4-7/8. You have to start with some talent. But Championships are built in the off-season programs, BOTH from within the school, as well as the clubs/BBC for the elite players. BEST case scenario you have both club & school skill development opportunities. I bet Grove, Fox & Kits have already started for 2015-16. I'm guessing that KSS does something as well outside of the Jr Heat club. Don't think there is a club on the Island. Any school offering year round training...maybe Oak Bay? Feel free to share what's working, where.

My top 5 for next year: KSS, SWC, Walnut Grove (with-out the transfers), Terry Fox, Kits. Then a tier 2 of Oak Bay, Tamanawis, Pan Ridge, VC, Yale, Holy Cross. But in the end, Kelowna absolutely crushes everyone. Deep, talented with 2 players who are the best in BC at their positions (Simson, Sheppard).

Thanks for an entertaining year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)   Today at 3:23 pm

Back to top Go down

Pre-Pre-Season Rankings (for 2015-16)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1