HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Yale champs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rickmoore

PostSubject: Yale champs   Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Great job Yale for winning the 4A title.
I watched all the games and I was a little disappointed over the coverage.
They keep referring to the other players as role players, I thought it was a team?
When you at stat lines, it was not a team
JBB took 98 shots from the floor making 44 for about 45%. He took 31 three pointers making 7 for about 22%. From the line he was great 33 of 39.
Braich took 71 shots from the floor making 24 for bout 32%. He took 42 three pointers and made 17 for about 44%. From the line he was great also 19 of 24
THE REST OF THE TEAM TOOK 73 SHOTS FROM THE FLOOR AND 25 THREE POINTERS AND 29 FREE THROWS.
So the two stars took 242 shots as opposed to 98 for the rest of the team.
I am glad that they won but no college team especially in the NCAA will let a player take 36 shots in a game another take 39 and the rest of the tean take 11 total.
You cannot deny they are the champs, I enjoyed the games, but I think it was not a team effort, but those others played a great role that would not have led to a championship.
Just the thoughts of an old man.
Again though, congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuyLafleur

PostSubject: Re: Yale champs   Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Kind of similar to the Yale team that won the AAA title in 2010.

They had 5 players play almost the entire tournament (I think one player came in off the bench in any of the 4 games and this was for only a few minutes). 4 of those players were elite and carried the team (Nakai Luyken, Jordan Blackman, Matt Letkeman, and Marek Klassen). Not sure if that's just the coaching strategy at Yale, but it's clearly worked. The coaches at Yale are probably more concerned with winning the provincial championship than they are with making college coaches happy, so they may be sacrificing long-term gain for short-term gain, but it's paid off for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Yale champs   Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Without JBB Yale doesn't even come close to even making Provincials..

Best player beat best team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yale champs   Today at 5:00 pm

Back to top Go down

Yale champs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1