HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BioSteel All Canadian Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
perfectgame

PostSubject: BioSteel All Canadian Game   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:33 pm

Interested to know what people thought of this event.  I think its awesome that Canada finally has a game like this and the exposure it got via TSN was excellent.  My only complaint is that I would prefer that the game be restricted to high school seniors and that we see more representation from all the provinces.  Surely JBB and some others from BC could have been there rather than 15/16 year olds from Ontario.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: BioSteel All Canadian Game   Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:39 pm

perfectgame wrote:
Interested to know what people thought of this event.  I think its awesome that Canada finally has a game like this and the exposure it got via TSN was excellent.  My only complaint is that I would prefer that the game be restricted to high school seniors and that we see more representation from all the provinces.  Surely JBB and some others from BC could have been there rather than 15/16 year olds from Ontario.

I thought it was a major success in almost every respect - basketball has come a long way in Canada. Disappointed that JBB didn't make it, he was deserving and would have done well. They might consider making it for only the best players (rather than setting aside spots for a few young stars), but I think you've got to give the organizers a lot of leeway - they did a great job, especially for the first year.

My preference is that it should be for best players regardless of province. There's always politics - and some Toronto bias on the margin, but requiring representation based on where someone lives seem anti-competitive and unfair to deserving kids. There is already a limit on US high school kids to give players actually playing h.s. in Canada a better shot. Nolan Narain is an example of a kid who likely would have been selected if he had been playing in Canada.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

BioSteel All Canadian Game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1