HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Media Coverage of Alberta High School Sports

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
trifecta3

PostSubject: Media Coverage of Alberta High School Sports   Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Is there anywhere in the Alberta media that Alberta high school sports are covered well? The Calgary newspapers seem to do a really poor job. Looking at B.C., Howard Tsumura absolutely crushes it with regular coverage of all major sports (including boys and girls basketball) in the Vancouver Province and on podcasts: http://blogs.theprovince.com/author/howardtsumura/page/3/ . Am I missing something in Alberta or does our media just not care?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: Media Coverage of Alberta High School Sports   Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Lethbridge herald down in Lethbridge does better then any other place I know in Alberta pretty much always give scores and leading scorers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Media Coverage of Alberta High School Sports   Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:37 pm

I was thinking about this a couple weeks back and am thinking about starting a facebook page for scores etc since everyone has facebook and there could be discussions pictures etc; what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Media Coverage of Alberta High School Sports   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:05 am

David Wells stays on top of the high school basketball news here. I don't think there is that level of coverage anywhere else in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Media Coverage of Alberta High School Sports   Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Started a Facebook page called Alberta Buckets for anyone interested for quicker results, stories, pictures links etc. All please feel free to join.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Media Coverage of Alberta High School Sports   Today at 10:57 pm

Back to top Go down

Media Coverage of Alberta High School Sports
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1