HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AAAA Boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Nice to see so many posts. The season is just around the corner!

Medicine Hat High is up there on my list because of their size. I agree that there are some questions marks surrounding their guard play and I also would agree that the reverse is true of Cardston as their front court and team chemistry will be questionable so its possible that Raymond might take their mix of experience, skill, muscle and toughness and come out on top. In fact that wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm not really thinking LCI is going to be ahead of Cardston. They'll have a similar type of team but just not as talented so I think they'll be behind Cardston where ever that is. Chinook at 5 is interesting. I'll have to wait and see what they have before I give that the thumbs up but I'm sure the bottom 4 spots will be up for grabs. Lester B Pearson at 4 in the top 10? I'd like to know more about this transfer (who,  from where, etc) but if it is what's been said then I could certainly see it happening. I believe ctown and calgaryhoops are talking about Simar Bajwa as the best grade 11 in the province. He gets lots of press with NPH and certainly looks like he has potential. Regardless of who in Calgary makes that top 10 I think the overall make up with Edmonton up top, Calgary in the middle and the south at the bottom of the top 10 will hold up against inter-zone play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:41 am

It would be nice to hear from someone from up north. Is it really ONLY HA and OL that will compete out of Edmonton? RS must bring back a good group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:44 am

Everyone has an opinion and that what makes the conversation interesting! I find you get a real good indication of where the strength is with the early season tournaments. Can anyone list the top early season tournaments and who may be attending?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:16 pm

District 4 Calgary
Higher Hoops Calgary Classic
Totem
Mike Dea
Cardston
SFI
REB
Magrath
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ctown33

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Pearson in the top 10 to start things off is a bit of a stretch, but there is some real buzz about them being right there with the big boys on the east side of Calgary, Bishop McNally & Father Lacombe. The reason behind it is a couple of transfers (out of province is from QC), Simar, some returning size and a solid crop of Jrs coming up.

But, it's just that...buzz, kids have to live up to the hype, which is easier said than done.

BTW, anyone who has watched Simar play know he doesn't jack 50 shots per game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thetruth2

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:35 pm

I have not seen the LBP player so that was out of bounds. I have seen the Cardston player and I stand behind what I said. The key word there is try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Cardston Raymond games should be entertaining this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerguy

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:52 am

Season is coming up and more information is being given!! This forum has been awesome for the opinions everyone has given. Obviously everybody at the start of the year usually sides with there own school. But it seems pretty clear for a few things around the province.

The south is going to be competitive with 3 or 4 teams fighting for the top spot.

Edmonton has 2 teams that could possibly be provincial contenders in HA and OL

Calgary has some great players and will be very a very interesting season to see who comes out on top. Could be SWC or McNally or maybe some team with a great player like Lester B.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:16 pm

I see that the girls Calgary Classic draw is out by the previous post. Is the boys draw out as well??
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:09 pm

It is. The match ups are on the other post with the ranking. Div A is a 16 team Oregon draw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
playhard45

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:43 pm

The teams this year shall be interesting both in the north and south Ailey still has Aher Uguak who is currently standing #6 senior prospect in Canada with thon maker standing at #1. They will be a hard team to beat but in the south cardston has max Russell who is no doubt best grade 11 coming into the season med hat may have some height but they had height last year and ranked as the bottom 3 so this year should be a repeat Raymond on the other hand will have a lot of guard play they will have 2 guards who started on varsity in grade 10 returning along with a big man which nobody has noticed so far who stands at around 6'8 or taller this will be a interesting year for the red and white and it will be one I'm sure that will have everyone at the edge of their seats let's wait and see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballislife00

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm so pumped to watch basketball in southern alberta this year. The south is looking pretty exciting. The top two teams I believe are Raymond and Cardston.

This year looks like the best team that Raymond has seen in a few years. They have a plethora of experienced guards who are more than capable of hitting the three ball. Along with some height added to their team. With an up and coming 6'8 monster it should be interesting to see what Raymond cooks up this year.

With Cardston they did take a hit losing a few key seniors, but with Max leading the cougars it should be interesting on what they can do. And quite possibly the Cardston vs Raymond games this year could be the showdown we have all been looking forward to for some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
calgary-hoops

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:49 pm

The best grade 11 player in the province, by far, plays at LBP. Let's se how many times can the same person post the same comment. I'll win but but the difference will be that I won't be pretending to be a different person on every post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thetruth2

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:23 pm

LOL Thats what I said. I think the Cardston faithful have have downgraded their comments to only include the south but it is still just a load of self promo hype. Cardston is not the favourite. Anyone who knows basketball knows who the team to beat is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unregistered user

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:05 am

I don't know anything about the other zones but here is what I think in the south zone.

1. Cardston
2. Med Hat
3. Raymond
4. CCHS
5. LCI
6. Chinook
7. WCHS
8. Magrath

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:47 pm

The talk and big differences in opinion in the PRESEASON is what's interesting this year. A few games in will really give us a much better idea but for now I'm changing my preseason guesses. In the south I really think its still top 4 bottom 4 set up.

1. Raymond
2. Cardston
3. Medicine Hat
4. LCI
5. CCHS
6. Chinook
7. WC
8. Magrath

Calgary - Not sure about the Calgary Classic Ranking but I'll go with this:

1. SWC
2. Father Lacombe
3. BM
4. St Mary's
5. St Francis
6. LBP
7. Ernest Manning
8. BOB
9. Notre Dame
10. Bishop Grandin

Edmonton:

1. HA
2. OL
3. RS
4. JP
5. SFX
6. BF
7. Scona
8. Percy Page
9. ME Laz
10. Bellerose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ctown33

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:25 pm

The north half of Calgary div 1/2 now has Father Lacombe in it...that means that SWC, BM & Father Lacombe are all on the same half. That is by far the strongest half, not even close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
calgary-hoops

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:04 am

Super easy schedule for the south division. They all get beat on the cross over since the best 6 teams in the city are in the north division.

1. SWC
2. LBP
3. St Francis
4. Father Lacombe
5. Notre Dame
6. BM
7. Bishop Grandin
8. BOB
9. St Mary's
10. Ernest Manning
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:26 pm

To Calgary-hoops. I really like Simar he is a great player but one player can not win game. Basketball is team sport. Based what I saw last season LBP did not have players to help him. I will put LBP between 6-8 with respect to Simar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Sim is a fantastic player with a lot of potential but there is NO WAY LBP is in the top 4 in the city. BM, SWC and Lacombe are the CLEAR top 3 (Not sure which will end up on top...it's gOnna be fun!). With the incredibly weak South, BOB will end up in 4...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 pm

12321 wrote:
The talk and big differences in opinion in the PRESEASON is what's interesting this year. A few games in will really give us a much better idea but for now I'm changing my preseason guesses. In the south I really think its still top 4 bottom 4 set up.

1. Raymond
2. Cardston
3. Medicine Hat
4. LCI
5. CCHS
6. Chinook
7. WC
8. Magrath

Calgary - Not sure about the Calgary Classic Ranking but I'll go with this:

1. SWC
2. Father Lacombe
3. BM
4. St Mary's
5. St Francis
6. LBP
7. Ernest Manning
8. BOB
9. Notre Dame
10. Bishop Grandin

Edmonton:

1. HA
2. OL
3. RS
4. JP
5. SFX
6. BF
7. Scona
8. Percy Page
9. ME Laz
10. Bellerose

I think BOB will be higher as their Jr's were strong last year... Also, Centennial will be in the top 10 I think in the 8-10 range.

Cardston 1 in the South but I agree with the rest....

I agree with top half of Edmonton...no clue about bottom half.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:40 pm

My ten in Calgary:

1. SWC (pros - 3 starters from last season, one of the Alberta top point guard, size (post ~ 6'7 and wing ~ 6'5" started last season in very deep SWC team), and good group kids from last year junior team, cons- very unstable, last season started very strong then lost some key games in tournaments and Calgary final to BM, if couple starters is out not sure if bench can compete with BM and FL)
2. BM (pros - the best point guard in Alberta (my opinion), the best Calgary juniors from last year (4-5 very solid players), it will be very deep team, cons - no big man, very young team, many players who likes to score will need some discipline to pick up one more Calgary title)
3. FL (pros - good point guards, very good 3 point shooter, size (post ~6'8"), good grade 10 players not sure if they will play for senior team, cons - young team, not deep)
4. SF ( the best athletically player in Calgary can shoot and drive ball, will have support from his teammates from last year senior team (5-6 returning seniors), defiantly will surprise teams from top 3, cons - does not have solid big man, point guard position)
5. ND (pros - couple very good guards, last year div 2 champs, cons - size, bench)
6. BOB (simply very talented team but very young)
7. LBP ( Simar Bajwa)
8. SM (very good point guard and wing, cons - size, other position in a question)
9. EPS
10. EM

First 3 teams you can put in any order. I think SF will surprise. I could be wrong my ranking based on last season seniors and same juniors games. District 4 will give more info who is who.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:58 am

What do you know about EPS and Centennial? Scarlett lost a lot of sr leadership last year. Who do they bring back? Surprised to hear Centennial in the conversation? I thought all those south basketball kids went to BOB. Whats with their team this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:13 am

I don't know much about EPS and Centennial. EPS has at least one very good player returned from last season this is a reason why I kept them in my ten. Did not see their juniors. I think I missed in my ten Bowness. Half of the their team team returning seniors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:16 am

NorthWest wrote:
My ten in Calgary:

1. SWC (pros - 3 starters from last season, one of the Alberta top point guard, size (post ~ 6'7 and wing ~ 6'5" started last season in very deep SWC team),  and good group kids from last year junior team, cons- very unstable, last season started very strong then lost some key games in tournaments and Calgary final to BM, if couple starters is out not sure if bench can compete with BM and FL)
2. BM (pros - the best point guard in Alberta (my opinion), the best Calgary juniors from last year (4-5 very solid players), it will be very deep team, cons - no big man, very young team, many players who likes to score will need some discipline to pick up one more Calgary title)
3. FL (pros - good point guards, very good 3 point shooter, size (post ~6'8"), good grade 10 players not sure if they will play for senior team, cons - young team, not deep)
4. SF ( the best athletically player in Calgary can shoot and drive ball, will have support from his teammates from last year senior team (5-6 returning seniors), defiantly will surprise teams from top 3, cons - does not have solid big man, point guard position)
5. ND (pros - couple very good guards, last year div 2 champs, cons - size, bench)
6. BOB (simply very talented team but very young)
7. LBP ( Simar Bajwa)
8. SM (very good point guard and wing, cons - size, other position in a question)
9. EPS
10. EM

First 3 teams you can put in any order. I think SF will surprise. I could be wrong my ranking based on last season seniors and same juniors games. District 4 will give more info who is who.

Lacombe is maybe the oldest team...only 3 Grade 12's on last years team....

I agree with BM - maybe the most talented team but all scorers...

Regardless it will be fun (and crazy) to see the top 3 battle in the same division! Who knows who will come out on top...

I am not as high on SF - Yes Dez can play but they aren't deep and he doesn't have a lot of support. It will be interesting to see who sneaks into the 4th spot as they will go to Provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Today at 6:08 pm

Back to top Go down

AAAA Boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next