HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AAAA Boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:28 pm

CalgaryBaller2015 wrote:
NorthWest wrote:
My ten in Calgary:

1. SWC (pros - 3 starters from last season, one of the Alberta top point guard, size (post ~ 6'7 and wing ~ 6'5" started last season in very deep SWC team),  and good group kids from last year junior team, cons- very unstable, last season started very strong then lost some key games in tournaments and Calgary final to BM, if couple starters is out not sure if bench can compete with BM and FL)
2. BM (pros - the best point guard in Alberta (my opinion), the best Calgary juniors from last year (4-5 very solid players), it will be very deep team, cons - no big man, very young team, many players who likes to score will need some discipline to pick up one more Calgary title)
3. FL (pros - good point guards, very good 3 point shooter, size (post ~6'8"), good grade 10 players not sure if they will play for senior team, cons - young team, not deep)
4. SF ( the best athletically player in Calgary can shoot and drive ball, will have support from his teammates from last year senior team (5-6 returning seniors), defiantly will surprise teams from top 3, cons - does not have solid big man, point guard position)
5. ND (pros - couple very good guards, last year div 2 champs, cons - size, bench)
6. BOB (simply very talented team but very young)
7. LBP ( Simar Bajwa)
8. SM (very good point guard and wing, cons - size, other position in a question)
9. EPS
10. EM

First 3 teams you can put in any order. I think SF will surprise. I could be wrong my ranking based on last season seniors and same juniors games. District 4 will give more info who is who.

Lacombe is maybe the oldest team...only 3 Grade 12's on last years team....

I agree with BM - maybe the most talented team but all scorers...

Regardless it will be fun (and crazy) to see the top 3 battle in the same division!  Who knows who will come out on top...

I am not as high on SF - Yes Dez can play but they aren't deep and he doesn't have a lot of support.  It will be interesting to see who sneaks into the 4th spot as they will go to Provincials.  
What about William? Did he graduated? I saw him playing in Genesis League this summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:51 pm

Started a Facebook page called Alberta Buckets for anyone interested for quicker results, stories, pictures links etc. All please feel free to join.....feel free to like and post from wherever...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:04 pm

NorthWest wrote:
CalgaryBaller2015 wrote:
NorthWest wrote:
My ten in Calgary:

1. SWC (pros - 3 starters from last season, one of the Alberta top point guard, size (post ~ 6'7 and wing ~ 6'5" started last season in very deep SWC team),  and good group kids from last year junior team, cons- very unstable, last season started very strong then lost some key games in tournaments and Calgary final to BM, if couple starters is out not sure if bench can compete with BM and FL)
2. BM (pros - the best point guard in Alberta (my opinion), the best Calgary juniors from last year (4-5 very solid players), it will be very deep team, cons - no big man, very young team, many players who likes to score will need some discipline to pick up one more Calgary title)
3. FL (pros - good point guards, very good 3 point shooter, size (post ~6'8"), good grade 10 players not sure if they will play for senior team, cons - young team, not deep)
4. SF ( the best athletically player in Calgary can shoot and drive ball, will have support from his teammates from last year senior team (5-6 returning seniors), defiantly will surprise teams from top 3, cons - does not have solid big man, point guard position)
5. ND (pros - couple very good guards, last year div 2 champs, cons - size, bench)
7. LBP ( Simar Bajwa)
8. SM (very good point guard and wing, cons - size, other position in a question)
9. EPS
10. EM

First 3 teams you can put in any order. I think SF will surprise. I could be wrong my ranking based on last season seniors and same juniors games. District 4 will give more info who is who.

Regardless it will be fun (and crazy) to see the top 3 battle in the same division!  Who knows who will come out on top...

I am not as high on SF - Yes Dez can play but they aren't deep and he doesn't have a lot of support.  It will be interesting to see who sneaks into the 4th spot as they will go to Provincials.  
What about William? Did he graduated? I saw him playing in Genesis League this summer.

Yes, he graduated. He is young and so could be in Grade 12 now but did graduate. Not sure what he is doing now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 pm

CalgaryBaller2015 wrote:
NorthWest wrote:
CalgaryBaller2015 wrote:
NorthWest wrote:
My ten in Calgary:

7. LBP ( Simar Bajwa)
9. EPS
10. EM

Yes, he graduated.  He is young and so could be in Grade 12 now but did graduate.  Not sure what he is doing now.

If so I agree with you that Desmond could not do much alone against FL, BM and SWC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:26 pm

CalgaryBaller2015 wrote:
NorthWest wrote:
My ten in Calgary:

7. LBP ( Simar Bajwa)
9. EPS
10. EM

How many grade 11 players in FL?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:38 am

The key for FL will be the tall kid (Lual Deng?) who was a force last year as was Desmond for SF. I wanted to see that match up at the SFI last year but WA and DeSilva stole the show. The FL returning guard play should put FL ahead. With so many strong teams in Calgary the SFI should be good this year. It always seems to be one of the best tournaments of the year. And one of the best run every year. Last year was no exception. Anyone have a draw for this year yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:56 am

12321 wrote:
The key for FL will be the tall kid (Lual Deng?) who was a force last year as was Desmond for SF. I wanted to see that match up at the SFI last year but WA and DeSilva stole the show. The FL returning guard play should put FL ahead. With so many strong teams in Calgary the SFI should be good this year. It always seems to be one of the best tournaments of the year. And one of the best run every year. Last year was no exception. Anyone have a draw for this year yet?

I am not sure that Lual is key player in this team but he is very important piece. what I saw last year the key for FL team it's guards. I think SWC big (Robin Jopp) is more solid. FL has very quick and good shooting guards. At least it was last year. Probably it was changed this summer. Even Genesis coach mostly used Kobin and Cestermere big in games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:38 pm

No idea about Grade 11's this year at FL - I just know they were young last year. Their Jrs should be good, I think some good Grade 10s are there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:57 pm

I'm not sure it will be worth watching any games in the Calgary South this year. The organizers have pretty much formed an "A" and a "B" division by moving Lacombe into the North. Anyone know what the reasoning was? I know I'll be spending my time watching the North division as there will be some great match-ups!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
calgary-hoops

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:22 pm

North division will be a blood bath. Whoever finishes top 4 will go to provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Very interesting results on first round of D4. Did not expect win from ND and Western over SF.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:12 pm

Please post results on Facebook group "Alberta Buckets" and any links; live streams!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ctown33

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Pearson just beat Churchill by 30+
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:32 am

wow- looks like there may be a new sheriff in town! Mike Dea has gone as expected. STFX and O'Leary in the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ctown33

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Pearson over Lacombe by 26
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Aball wrote:
wow- looks like there may be a new sheriff in town! Mike Dea has gone as expected. STFX and O'Leary in the final.

LBP is new sheriff. It will defiantly compete with HA and O'leary. Good size and very quick. They just shutdown SWC by Fullcourt press. I will put them in four with ahead other teams. Other 3 still in the same level. FL is very good size. I did not see BM yet. They are in final. So they deserve to be ahead of FL and SWC. ND and Western will battle first four too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ctown33

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:58 pm

NorthWest wrote:
Aball wrote:

LBP is new sheriff. It will defiantly compete with HA and O'leary. Good size and very quick. They just shutdown SWC by Fullcourt press. I will put them in four with ahead other teams. Other 3 still in the same level. FL is very good size. I did not see BM yet. They are in final. So they deserve to be ahead of FL and SWC. ND and Western will battle first four too.

Yeah, it was impressive, possibly the most interesting part is their depth. Everyone contributed and that is with one of their bigs guys hurt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
calgary-hoops

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:30 am

I was wrong. Top 8 in Calgary:

1. LBP
2. BM
3. ND
4. FL
5. SWC
6. EM
7. Western
8. St Mary's

Calgary Classic rankings seem ridiculous now. 9 seed going to win it all. LBP shouldn't be under-ranked again after this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Anyone have the score in the final of the District Four?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ctown33

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:45 pm

90-86 Pearson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:54 am

Would have liked to have seen that one. Looks like we have found the top two teams in Calgary. Now we need to see some cross over games with Edmonton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Interesting weekend in Calgary. No real surprises in Edmonton. We may have to wait until Cardston, REB and SFI tournaments the following weekend dec 10-12 for some crossover games. South starts this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:30 pm

LBP will be tested again by ND, BM and FL during classic. Hard walk to the final. But if they beat these 3 teams they will take classic as well. No teams from bottom draw can compete with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:43 pm

Deja vu. Last year mach up in Calgary Classic semifinal. Let see how it will be finished this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 pm

That was a tough draw for LBP but a 3 pt loss to BM at BM isn't too bad. I think its playing out as was generally expected but LBP certainly has made a statement early with the District 4 win and their overall impressive play.

It looks like BM, FL, ND, SWC, LBP and then also BOB and Western will all be in the hunt for a provincial berth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Today at 8:53 pm

Back to top Go down

AAAA Boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next