HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AAAA Boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
unregistered user

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:41 pm

I am revising my predictions from below. Looks like Raymond had an interesting addition move in over the summer that no one is talking about.

1. Raymond
2. Med Hat
3. Cardston
4. CCHS
5. LCI
6. Chinook
7. WCHS
8. Magrath

unregistered user wrote:
I don't know anything about the other zones but here is what I think in the south zone.

1. Cardston
2. Med Hat
3. Raymond
4. CCHS
5. LCI
6. Chinook
7. WCHS
8. Magrath

Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Shep just lost to foothills didn't see that coming might have to rethink the third place team or foothills is better then thought
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deep3

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:56 pm

Shep lost their big post for the year which hurt them a lot. They are rebuilding this year and have a young team. The game they lost to Foothills was a 3 point game with about a minute left to go. Not to take anything away from Foothills, they played a great game and made all the right plays in front of a packed Shep gym.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:34 pm

So looking at the south hoops site I don't see the height that was talked about but good job on the win for med hat against Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:50 pm

westwind Bball wrote:
So looking at the south hoops site I don't see the height that was talked about but good job on the win for med hat against Raymond

Doesn't southhoops say that they have a 6'5 and a 6'7 player along with a few 6'3 and 6'2 players? sounds like they have more height than most down south. I saw that CCH beat Med Hat by 20 though after Med Hat beat Raymond. Interesting. Early results are tough but I think there are some who thought Raymond was gonna roll the south with their addition. That may be tougher than they think. South will be competitive. Excited for more results to roll in these next few days. Perhaps CCH is better than people are thinking. That doesn't surprise me they've got a few nice players. Anyone see these games that can comment on them further?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Some more results cardston handily over Churchill 86 to )3 magrath won over Chinook by about 40 there strength is there depth go 9 deep not good enough to hang with big boys but solid team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerguy

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:27 pm

This is weird.... After Raymond loses to med hat, cch beats med hat.. BUT then Raymond beats Cch easily in Lethbridge. Looks like a wild year. Cch is a strong team they just didn't play very great against Raymond. Medicine Hat does have height and they are a good shooting team. Raymond could win the south if they play they like they played against CCH. Cardston looked good but they only played Winston . And magrath isn't bad either with some good grade 10s. Lci beat CCH by 1 also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Raymond over cardston in cardston tournament final by about 11 I think 92 to 81 from what I saw Raymond will live by the 3 and die by the 3 cardston for my opinion and I could be wrong looked like to much one on one play not enough passing for them to be as good as I thought they be
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:38 pm

I like it! Means that the South is wide open as well. I think that other than Ainlay, Alberta is wide open. Who is going to get hot...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller245

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 pm

The south will be a tight race. Cardston can take it if they learn to play together and to play defence. Raymond won with great shooting. Cardston let them have the 3 ball the whole game. Will be an interesting season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:29 pm

This has been a great start to the season. What we know is that its actually a 5 team race in the south. Maybe 6. After Medicine Hat beat Raymond I was sure they were going to run away with it but then they lost to CCH, Raymond beats CCH, LCI beats CCH and then Raymond over Cardston Saturday night. Wow. Its definitely not a top 4 bottom 4 league. More like top 6, bottom 2 which will make for a much more entertaining year. And the south is right in the mix provincially.

Some interesting results in Calgary and Edmonton too. Edmonton is still HA and OL but JP is not that far off. Calgary is BOB, McNally and LBP who seems to be at the top. FL and SWC aren't as strong as I first thought they would be.

Scores are slowly being added to xnet but there are a ton missing still with the first ranking not until the semester break. Just from seeing some scores and games I'm going with something like this across the province right now. The order of those 5 south teams is a toss up.

1. HA
2. OL
3. BOB
4. BM
5. LBP
6. JP
7. Medicine Hat
8. Raymond
9. LCI
10. Catholic Central
11. Cardston
12. Father Lacombe
13. SWC
14. St Marys
15. WC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: weekend results   Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Ya I think the results over the weekend show a few things. I feel, as I did last year that the south will be well represented provincially. I think LCI, Cardston and Raymond will all be top 10 teams throughout the season. If anything, I thought LCI would maybe be the weaker of these teams, but they showed strong at REB this weekend. Close losses with O'Leary and Savannah (California) and wins against strong teams in Father Lacombe and Leboldus. LCI looks like they'll be tougher than people thought. They have height at many positions. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep up with the speed of Raymond's and Cardston's guards. Raymond guards are fast, good shooters, and good ball handlers but they are weak inside and will get owned inside against a team with a dominant post. Their tall kid is a big body, but is quite tentative and can't finish. He may adjust, I'm sure he'll be much stronger at the end of the season. Cardston seems deeper than other south teams but looks like their guards struggled a bit against Raymond and they are dominant enough inside to take advantage of weaker Raymond posts. Really the south is wide open. Med Hat has to be something decent to have beaten Raymond as well and CCH had a close loss to LCI so those 5 will all be in the mix. it drops off after that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:31 pm

Does anybody know Raymond Sugar Bowl draw or teams playing there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerguy

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:00 am

I'm not sure but I think it looks like this

Harry Ainlay vs. Cardston
SWC vs. Lci
Magrath vs. Ross Shep
Raymond vs Foothills

These are the teams that are in it but not sure who plays who
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:19 pm

The Sugar Bowl always helps determine provincial rankings as you get a good mix of teams from all strong regions.

My picks:
Ainlay over Cardston
LCI over SWC
Shep over Magrath in a close one
Raymond over Foothills

Ainlay over LCI
Raymond over Shep

Ainlay wins easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:34 am

Good call on the tournament results. Ainlay had close games but usually seemed in control. Amazing crowd in Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:58 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Good call on the tournament results. Ainlay had close games but usually seemed in control. Amazing crowd in Raymond  

Did you call in control by Ainlay vs Cardston? Ainlay escaped in last minutes. Anyway good prediction by Aball. But all games were very competitive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 am

Yeah so was the LCI game no easy games for Ainlay but they won are there going to be any games Lester b Pearson has with top teams from other areas before first ranking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Under rated teams   Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:41 pm

ND in Calgary is probably most under rated team. ND beat FL in D4 by 4 or 5, lost to FL by 1 in regular season, lost to LBP by 2 and beat BM by 8. Despite their success they are still under the radar. They already upset BM and were dangerously close to taking out LBP. Is there any other team in South or Edmonton under rated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:41 am

In the south to much unknown since we still don't know who the best teams are yet but maybe Catholic central lost to LCI by one and beat med hat by 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:13 pm

LCI tournament is Raymond LCI final with Raymond beating BM in semi in good game won by like 6 LCI beat cch credit cch for not giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:08 am

Final score in championship of the LCI??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:19 am

O'Leary wins the BRIT tournament in Saskatoon in overtime. Always enjoy watching me a little BRIT basketball. Other teams from AB that attended were Xavier, Lacombe, and BG. O'Leary was the only AB team on the championship side of the draw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:43 pm

LCI tourney final Raymond wins 91 to 89 Raymond was up 27 at halftime LCI made a big comeback had the game tied with about a minute to go
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:44 pm

BM won third by 6 over CCH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAAA Boys   Today at 4:59 pm

Back to top Go down

AAAA Boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top