HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2017-2019 Final 12 Bids

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: 2017-2019 Final 12 Bids   Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:56 am

Anyone know where bids will be coming from? Thoughts on where is should go? Should it stay in SJ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller22w

PostSubject: Re: 2017-2019 Final 12 Bids   Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Yes it should stay in Saint John at harbour ffs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KatFan

PostSubject: Re: 2017-2019 Final 12 Bids   Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:40 pm

I think that the finals should be moved back to a central location, but not the Aitken University Center. I would suggest the Richard J. CURRIE CENTER. It’s a better basketball environment, a full center vs a semi-full hockey venue. I think it’s time to get away from the hockey arenas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2017-2019 Final 12 Bids   Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:16 pm

I was a big fan of Aitken Centre though at the end there were some dicey moments.

I wasn't sure about Harbour Station but have come to be a big fan of that venue too. Different feel from Aitken centre but definitely fan friendly. Various options for watching (floor, upper/lower bowl, boxes) etc. Location and pedway make it easy to lock in for a weekend for adults and kids. No venue has control over quality of games but there have been quality games with a championship feel at HS too. I'm not sure it is any more or less centralized than Fredericton just changes who travels 3 or 4 hours vs 1 or 2.

If there was a change I would like it to be because the product would somehow be superior to current location. Team at HS does a great job. I would not want to change locations simply to "move it around" or see each city get a shot. If Moncton/Fredericton or anyone else for that matter could improve the product (i[m not sure how but go for it) then move it up. Lets let something in high school and sports world for kids still be a meritocracy.

Currie Centre is interesting. Someone would have to crunch the numbers for seating I like the idea of a packed house for finals but would not want it to be a sold out event and someone not be able to get in. Whether the casual fan or parent that wants to take the kid to a showcase sport event or even fans from a town/area who is not a final 12 regular and doesn't know the ropes I wouldn't want anyone who wanted to be supportive of the event to be unable too. I'm not saying that would happen at Currie Centre someone would just have to crunch the numbers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: 2017-2019 Final 12 Bids   Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 am

Currie center would be an amazing atmosphere. 1400 seats plus standing room should accommodate all finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017-2019 Final 12 Bids   Today at 4:44 pm

Back to top Go down

2017-2019 Final 12 Bids
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1