HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Powerball



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Predictions

Whs jv over cnhs jv by 20plus

Mcnaughton wins AAA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red



Posts : 248
Join date : 2012-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Powerball wrote:
Predictions

Whs jv over cnhs jv by 20plus

Mcnaughton wins AAA

That's a bold prediction for AAA. Have they even beaten or had a close game with FHS or SJHS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Honestly no clue just hoping they win
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac



Posts : 250
Join date : 2009-11-24
Location : Moncton, NB

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:43 am

Powerball wrote:
Honestly no clue just hoping they win

hahaha..….I give you points for honesty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
ballizlife619



Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:37 am

BMHS breads losers not winners..I don't see them winning at any level this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR



Posts : 736
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:50 am

ballizlife619 wrote:
BMHS breads losers not winners..I don't see them winning at any level this year

DO they fry them up or bake them once they are breaded?

"Breeds" would probably be the word you are looking for.

Whatever happened to tongue in cheek trash talk. SOme of my personal favorite signs from high school sporting events:

Sign at Sugarloaf basketball game: "Bruins should stick to hockey."

Dueling White Boards at AC AAA boys final: WHS -'Can you hear our Thunder?' Fredericton White Board -'When you cheer leaders jump!'

Sign at Hartland High game: "Huskies . . .more than just prom date descriptions now!"

etc . .

See you can be funny. You just don't have to be direct and crass.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax



Posts : 34
Join date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:11 am

BMHS ahead of FHS by 7 at half.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax



Posts : 34
Join date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:17 am

Jv men's semis at FHS, BMHS up at half by eight. FHS clawed back to tie it up. 42-42. 7 minutes left in Third quarter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax



Posts : 34
Join date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:32 am

End of 3q FHS up 63-54
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red



Posts : 248
Join date : 2012-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:59 pm

FHS vs SJHS in the finals today
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:43 am

Coach.Red wrote:
FHS vs SJHS in the finals today

Who won?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jumpball



Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:17 am

SJHS Won
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:04 am

Jumpball wrote:
SJHS Won

Congrats to them!!! Did any gr9 kids play a big role for either team in the final?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Somedude320



Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:13 am

Powerball wrote:
Jumpball wrote:
SJHS Won

Congrats to them!!! Did any gr9 kids play a big role for either team in the final?

Or did any Grade 9 kids have a good weekend overall from any of the six teams in the provincials ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:14 am

Somedude320 wrote:
Powerball wrote:
Jumpball wrote:
SJHS Won

Congrats to them!!! Did any gr9 kids play a big role for either team in the final?

Or did any Grade 9 kids have a good weekend overall from any of the six teams in the provincials ?

Even better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach474



Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:39 am

Final 2015-2016 Rankings

1. Saint John (Too deep and too big for anyone to handle. Well coached. Beat everyone on the list.)
2. Fredericton (Improved all year. Maybe not as deep. I assume they beat everyone on the list but SJ. )
3. Bernice MacNaughton (Played FHS tough in the semis. )
4. Riverview ( Probably interchangeable with BMHS.)
5. Leo Hayes (Had a tough draw. Played better than 5th place some games. Handled Everyone below them.)
6. Woodstock (Played well when they needed to. Had little trouble in AA provincials. Did not play enough tough games. Beat everyone below them.)
7. K.V. (Should have made provincials if not for the new set up. I think not having Scott full time hurt this team.)
8. Carleton North (Had a win over BMHS, didn't play their best at provincials it seems. Missing Hill due to suspension hurt this team even after he came back.)
9. Moncton (Made provincials.)
10. Miramichi Valley (I thought they were better than Moncton but a 28 point loss knocked them out)

What do these teams have back for next year? I think SJ was mostly 10's. I also heard KV was moving almost everyone up. I expect FHS and LHHS have about half of their teams back. Don't know much about BMHS or Riverview. Woodstock will lose 3 or 4 players. Carleton North loses at least half of their team.

Pre Season Rankings for 2016-2017
1. Fredericton
2. Leo Hayes
3. Bernice MacNaughton
4. Riverview
5. Harbourview
6. Saint John
7. Woodstock
8. K.V.
9. Sussex
10. Moncton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red



Posts : 248
Join date : 2012-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:59 am

If BMHS doesn't move any grade 10's up next year, I'd have to put them at first. They move up 3 starters from the Moncton A bantam team, 1 who is top 3 in the province and another who is a decent sized kid and outworks everyone he plays against.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warriorforever



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:29 pm

I expect you will see Woodstock much higher on this list next year. There will be a solid group left from this years team as well as a group of grade 8's coming up who are beating the large Tier 1 middle schools this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad



Posts : 79
Join date : 2015-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:12 pm

warriorforever wrote:
I expect you will see Woodstock much higher on this list next year. There will be a solid group left from this years team as well as a group of grade 8's coming up who are beating the large Tier 1 middle schools this year.

They have some work to do, they didn't do much against the teams above them this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345



Posts : 273
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:29 pm

Tompkins, Drost and Rioux are all planning on playing varsity next year. Woodstock will still be strong with the grade 8s coming up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Perhaps the nbiaa should do with JV what bnb does to determine what tier you play provincials in. Outside of AAA jv is a joke.

Play exhibition then be ranked base on the results.

I assume Woodstock Jv will play AAA next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24



Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:05 pm

The BNB system is flawed a bit. Some teams go in certain tiers due to travel restrictions. Hopefully you are not suggesting the NBIAA have 7 or 8 tiers also. Can you imagine winning a provinicial in tier 7?

Woodstock will not play AAA, they will hang another AA banner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:26 pm

baller24 wrote:
The BNB system is flawed a bit.  Some teams go in certain tiers due to travel restrictions.  Hopefully you are not suggesting the NBIAA have 7 or 8 tiers also.  Can you imagine winning a provinicial in tier 7?

Woodstock will not play AAA, they will hang another AA banner.


I just mean for JV. Why wouldn't they go AAA?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24



Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Because they cant hang banners
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KatFan



Posts : 36
Join date : 2015-11-21
Location : Fredericton, NB

PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Coach474 wrote:
Final 2015-2016 Rankings

1. Saint John  (Too deep and too big for anyone to handle. Well coached. Beat everyone on the list.)
2. Fredericton  (Improved all year. Maybe not as deep. I assume they beat everyone on the list but SJ. )
3. Bernice MacNaughton (Played FHS tough in the semis. )
4. Riverview ( Probably interchangeable with BMHS.)
5. Leo Hayes (Had a tough draw. Played better than 5th place some games. Handled Everyone below them.)
6. Woodstock (Played well when they needed to. Had little trouble in AA provincials. Did not play enough tough games. Beat everyone below them.)
7. K.V. (Should have made provincials if not for the new set up. I think not having Scott full time hurt this team.)
8. Carleton North (Had a win over BMHS, didn't play  their best at provincials it seems. Missing Hill due to suspension hurt this team even after he came back.)
9. Moncton (Made provincials.)
10. Miramichi Valley (I thought they were better than Moncton but a 28 point loss knocked them out)

What do these teams have back for next year? I think SJ was mostly 10's. I also heard KV was moving almost everyone up. I expect FHS and LHHS have about half of their teams back. Don't know much about BMHS or Riverview. Woodstock will lose 3 or 4 players. Carleton North loses at least half of their team.

Pre Season Rankings for 2016-2017
1. Fredericton
2. Leo Hayes
3. Bernice MacNaughton
4. Riverview
5. Harbourview
6. Saint John
7. Woodstock
8. K.V.
9. Sussex
10. Moncton

With the additions of the grade 11's within the JV league. Do the above Pre Season Rankings for 2016-2017 change? I'm also hearing that WHS and CNHS will be join the JV AAA West league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams   Today at 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Top Jr. Varsity Basketball Teams
» U15 Boys Ottawa Titans AAU Basketball Team
» AAA basketball
» 2015-16 Pre Season Rankings
» Drive basketball U17 team vs BC Basketball U17 team?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: