HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

First Rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheTruthofTheSouth

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:50 pm

BoB is the winner over raymond 89-83 in the bobcat bowl semi final 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTruthofTheSouth

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:51 pm

cardston and raymond have both been upset this tournament and i am 100% sure this will affect theree rankings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTruthofTheSouth

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:51 pm

their*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:21 am

Calgary has the best competition in province. Minimum 6 teams from Calgary has to be in ranking and HM. Last tournaments in Calgary proves it. In St.mary's tournament two unranked and non HM teams in final. #9 JP, #6 LBP and one HM (Foothills) lost. IN BOBs tournament all south teams out. Hope BM will compete hard with O'Leary. I think only two teams in Edmonton (O'Leary and HA)and three teams from south (Raymond, LCI and Cardston) has to be in ranking and HM. Other teams from Calgary period. In Calgary minimum 8 teams same level can beat each other 4-5 points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:00 am

NorthWest wrote:
Calgary has the best competition in province. Minimum 6 teams from Calgary has to be in ranking and HM. Last tournaments in Calgary proves it. In St.mary's tournament two unranked and non HM teams in final. #9 JP, #6 LBP and one HM (Foothills) lost. IN BOBs tournament all south teams out. Hope BM will compete hard with O'Leary. I think only two teams in Edmonton (O'Leary and HA)and three teams from south (Raymond, LCI and Cardston) has to be in ranking and HM. Other teams from Calgary period. In Calgary minimum 8 teams same level can beat each other 4-5 points.

I love Calgary Ball, so many teams are in the contention now. What a win for Churchill they are back in the thick of things. Win over Pearson is huge for their confidence. They outplayed Pearson for 3 quarters and had as big lead as 19 but Pearson too athletic  to go down that easily brought the game within 2 but lost by 6 to free throws. I don't how it happened but somehow Kobyn did not got fouled out even though looked liked he had picked more than 5 fouls early in 4th. Calgary reffing still behind where the the game is. Kobyn and Vlad killed Pearson on boards. By the time LBP started playing it was bit too late. Taking train to watch this game was worth it for me. I loved the pace of this game.

Western can play with anyone as long they are healthy. Unfortunately picked couple injuries to star players and lost by 20+ to a much weaker opponent Jasper Place. Western is just about there to be a serious threat to BOB. St Mary's lifting their game to new levels and are in finals of their own tournament. Foothills are too reliant on Adam and not much to help him out. Chestermere is just a family affair Jeff and Mark are soul and heart of that team, too bad do not have support to win big games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTruthofTheSouth

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:43 pm

BoB over O'leary 66-53 bobcat bowl final
BOB champions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:06 am

Just Thursday myself like most in Calgary was very certain about top 4 teams in Calgary. Pearson, BOB, McNally, and ND. However results from this weekend bring in new contenders in picture.

Churchill suddenly looks ready to compete with anyone. Beat Pearson by 6, annihilated St Mary's 96-56 to win tournament. I will be disappointed if Churchill is not ranked in top 10 in next rankings.

BOB is standing its ground and should be ranked at least 2nd.

Pearson had a tough weekend losing to Churchill and Chestermere. When strength becomes your weakness time to rethink. Pearson usually plays all of its players, this weekend that turned out to be their weakness. Key players sat on bench for too long and very short shifts to be effective. Top 8 Pearson players can beat anyone in Province however bottom 5 give away too many points to stronger teams.

Pearson, Churchill 3rd and 4th in any order. McNally not lower than 7th. ND should be in top 10 as well. ND almost beat Raymond and Cardston, lost to both games in OT.

Western can upset any team in Province. Still out there for some sort of recognition Lacombe, Manning...

Looks like Calgary year... too bad only 4 can participate in Provincials. If top 16 to be picked up based on merit 8 would be from Calgary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:59 am

Wow!! no one more surprized than me that BOB handled Oleary in their final. This tells us that the province is WIDE open. Ainlay had close games down south in Raymond. Raymond and Cardston lost up in Calgary. Churchill was beating up on everybody this weekend. I would agree that Calgary is very deep with 5-6 very solid teams this year. I actually did some digging and Churchill had been playing for a while without their starting 6'7" post due to a sprained ankle. Looks like he is back. BOB is the real deal. They play an up-tempo game with strong defense and have to be ranked in the top two unless something happens between now and the next ranking. ND had some tough losses but showed they can compete with anyone. McNally is right there with everyone else. I would be a little concerned if I was Pearson as they did not show well this weekend. Losing to Chestermere after Chestermere lost to St. Mary's would have me revaluating what I was doing. Raymond, Cardston and LCI are all still in the hunt and even with losses this weekend are all top 10 teams. Again the province is wide open and it is going to be fun watching all of this unfold down the stretch!!Good luck everyone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:17 pm

Agreed based on this weekend it shows just how wide open this year is but I do get the sense Edmonton is rather shallow with how jasper place did
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Jasper Place did lose to Churchill by 20-25 but came back and pounded Western and Foothills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:17 pm

That is true and in this year who knows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:52 pm

Aball wrote:
Wow!! no one more surprized than me that BOB handled Oleary in their final. This tells us that the province is WIDE open. Ainlay had close games down south in Raymond. Raymond and Cardston lost up in Calgary. Churchill was beating up on everybody this weekend. I would agree that Calgary is very deep with 5-6 very solid teams this year. I actually did some digging and Churchill had been playing for a while without their starting 6'7" post due to a sprained ankle. Looks like he is back. BOB is the real deal. They play an up-tempo game with  strong defense and have to be ranked in the top two unless something happens between now and the next ranking. ND had some tough losses but showed they can compete with anyone. McNally is right there with everyone else. I would be a little concerned if I was Pearson as they did not show well this weekend. Losing to Chestermere after Chestermere lost to St. Mary's would have me revaluating what I was doing. Raymond, Cardston and LCI are all still in the hunt and even with losses this weekend are all top 10 teams. Again the province is wide open and it is going to be fun watching all of this unfold down the stretch!!Good luck everyone...

Perfect assessment by Aball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:02 pm

I see it this way after this weekend lots of Calgary teams jockeying for position as they are starting to beat each other:

1) Ainley-- they maintain this spot
2) Bishop OByrne- went about business at their tournament and beat Raymond in the 4th qtr after trailing by 10 proved they are for real
3) Raymond- With loss to BOB and BOB leapfrogging maintains this position
4) Oleary drops with loss to BOB in final
5) Ross Shep
6 )Bishop Mcnally with win over cardston moves them up
7) Cardston with loss to Mcnally drops them
Cool LCI
9) SWC with solid win over Lester B-- they are improving and need to be noted
10) Lester B

HM could all be very similar or change on a daily basis --- this is just my opinion and there is tons of ball to be played--- what a fun year for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:53 pm

treyfactor wrote:
I see it this way after this weekend lots of Calgary teams jockeying for position as they are starting to beat each other:

2) Bishop OByrne- went about business at their tournament and beat Raymond in the 4th qtr after trailing by 10 proved they are for real
5) Ross Shep
Cool LCI
10) Lester B

HM could all be very similar or change on a daily basis --- this is just my opinion and there is tons of ball to be played--- what a fun year for everyone.
Did Ross Shep beat anybody from these 9 teams? Why it's #5? It would look better if you replace RS by ND as #10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:01 pm

I think that this weekend will help clarify with Oleary tournament should be a good one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Things could become clearer or even more muddied soon. Pearson plays Father Lacombe tonight and Churchill and McNally play each other on Monday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:19 pm

westwind Bball wrote:
I think that this weekend will help clarify with Oleary tournament should be a good one

Who is in the Tournament?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Oleary CCH LBP McNally notre dame med hat and bob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:32 pm

This is link http://www.olearyspartanshowdown.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsab

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:00 am

treyfactor wrote:

5) Ross Shep
Cool LCI
10) Lester B

JP pounded Shep last night by 30.... Shep would have been a provincial contender if their starting post didn't get injured and their top scorer didn't get expelled-but they did, and Shep is too young to be a contender now.... ranking them #5 is off base..other ones look reasonable...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:26 am

jasper place somewhere 6-10 everyone else pretty solid Shep out... Sorry!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:56 am

Interesting results in Calgary tonight. Unreal... BOB lost to Manning by 19 to....what happened in the world. First Pearson last weekend now BOB lost to much weaker opponent.

Had a chance to see 3 quarters of McNally-Francis game tognight. Very disappointing win for BM. Barely beat St Francis 60-57.

Also had a chance to see second half of Pearon-Lacombe contest. One of the best games I been to this year. Both teams refused to back down. This game could have gone either way. Game should have ended in regulation.... packed house needed an OT. Lacombe was a benificiery to a questionable call and tied the game with 3 free throws, however Pearson pervailed in OT 83-79.

Last edited by Ball501 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:04 am

So basically anyone can be beat in Calgary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No one

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:08 am

Ball501 wrote:
Interesting results in Calgary tonight. Unreal... BOB lost to Manning by 19 to....what happened in the world. First Pearson last weekend now BOB lost to much weaker opponent.

Had a chance to see 3 quarters of McNally-Francis game tognight. Very disappointing win for BM. Barely beat St Francis 60-57.

Also had a chance to see second half of Pearon-Lacombe contest. One of the best games I been to this year. Both teams refused to back down. This game could have gone either way. Game should have ended in regulation.... packed house needed an OT. Lacombe was a benificiery to a questionable call and tied the game with 3 free throws, however Pearson prevailed in OT 83-79.

It's unfortunate to see that Manning never gets any respect just because of a terrible loss to Western earlier in the year. I have no idea how they pulled it off but they were up by 43 at one point before they played their second unit for the rest of the fourth.

But yes, pretty much anyone can beat anyone in Calgary, there is no clear cut favourite, so playoffs will be really interesting to watch...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:09 am

treyfactor wrote:
So basically anyone can be beat in Calgary

Very Happy I will say.....from contenders in Calgary any one can be Provincial Champion this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Rankings   Today at 10:04 pm

Back to top Go down

First Rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next