HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
HUSKIES4

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:42 pm

That is funny, did you actually see that Coach Red? Is that what lead to the coaching change at BMHS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spartacoq

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Coach.Red so are you saying min woo was not too small 2 yrs ago to defend at nationals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:23 pm

I do not think this is the correct venue for people to directly criticize individuals. It's probably ok to compare them, but not to criticize them. Even comparing them gets a but cringe-worthy. These young men and women read the comments and take them way more seriously than I expect they might be intended. Particularly by some of the clearly less mature sources. They are developing. Both physically and mentally. In light of this week's BellLet'sTalk campaign, let's all try to take a step back and be less critical of individuals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:23 pm

HUSKIES4 wrote:
That is funny, did you actually see that Coach Red?  Is that what lead to the coaching change at BMHS?

No clue. Only heard someone talking about it at a game. Didn't hear names of players or teams.

Last edited by Coach.Red on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Spartacoq wrote:
Coach.Red so are you saying min woo was not too small 2 yrs ago to defend at nationals?

In grade 8? No, I wouldn't say he was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller22w

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:38 pm

Has anyone heard of Nathan Clark (grade Cool will be attending Carleton North next year. Personal opinion I think he could take Burry or Kabre 1 v 1. He has great court vision, a deep stroke from three, a reliable shot, handles, a mean driving game & dropped 41 against burry and Townsview but lost by 30 from lack of depth on the team compared to Townsview. To top it all off he is 6'2".The previous tournament they played last weekend he had 118 points in 3 games with a 41, 39 & 38 to bring home a banner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Speaking of middle school teams, who else plays for Townsview, besides Burry, that might be potential provincial team players?? I see on the BNB website they are beating all of the middle schools by 20 points or more and they even played Moncton's bantam A team close a couple of times. Must be more than just Burry??
ate="CoachDJR"]I think the important part of the process to keep in mind is that (except for returning players from teams that play at Nationals), at the u15 level whether you've played JV or varsity A, AA, AAA while that gap is competition level and practice habits may be evident a tryouts and early on but relative to what Nationals is like they are all landing on the moon. So with good coaching and kids with the right work ethic over a summer where you come from can become less important than where you are going.

Keeping that as our reference you want the best team you can build for National competition, while adding the burden of making sure who you take and what you do won't peak out at u15 but translate to u17.

The most skilled or best x skills executers in a tryout setting vs NB players aren't always the ones who you can train to be able to make play/read X vs national level length or speed or defense. I've seen some of the very best finishers and scorers in NB who've had productive AUS careers end up having to change their game to be able to be a defender or passer because how they score and finish doesn't translate to that level.

On the flip side you don't want excessive redundancies. We often see teams where because the depth or competition for a particular job or a skill set is so needed that by the time you get to nationals and the pecking order is sorted out you've got 2-3 kids who are now out a job and can't really be used for anything else. OFten times at the end of tryouts you've got 4-5 kids who are going to compete for time at a job or series of jobs, but by summers end you've established the 3 who are going to do the heavy lifting in that area and now unless the other 2 can find another serviceable job they are left with little to do.

All the names on the list so far are legitimate candidates. Are their role players or potential sitting our there on MIddle school teams we don't often see or on Varsity teams/JV teams at the A or AA level that because their team isn't on par or playing these types of teams, doesn't mean they can't be that sort of player. ALways nice to see the surprises too.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:57 pm

Baller22w wrote:
Has anyone heard of Nathan Clark (grade Cool will be attending Carleton North next year. Personal opinion I think he could take Burry or Kabre 1 v 1. He has great court vision, a deep stroke from three, a reliable shot, handles, a mean driving game & dropped 41 against burry and Townsview but lost by 30 from lack of depth on the team compared to Townsview. To top it all off he is 6'2".The previous tournament they played last weekend he had 118 points in 3 games with a 41, 39 & 38 to bring home a banner.

When did townsview play against this kid? Nobody in carleton county has scored 31 on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi Baller22w, I heard that was Townsview JV middle school team that played Centreville. I know their varsity team is playing in our Fredericton league.

Baller22w wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Townsview is loaded. Hawkes,pitcher,burry gray. Plus alex??? 5 of the top 15 kids in NB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller22w

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:14 pm

It was an exhibition game like i said they lost pretty badly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powerball

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Baller22w wrote:

Who was coaching Townsview?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller22w

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:18 pm

I'm not sure his name but anthony pitcher, e gray, daniel hawes and all of those kids played
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thunderparent

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Wow, this is interesting, my son plays for Townsview varsity, he hasn't missed a game this year and neither have I and we have never played Centreville?? We have played Bath twice and Florenceville once.
Interesting!!

Baller22w wrote:
I'm not sure his name but anthony pitcher, e gray, daniel hawes and all of those kids played
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:57 am

Powerball wrote:
Townsview is loaded. Hawkes,pitcher,burry gray. Plus alex??? 5 of the top 15 kids in NB

Wow that is quite a statement powerball. Things are looking good for WHS over the next few years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:30 pm

The call for summer coaches has finally gone out.

In addition, BNB has announced they will be looking at running more teams at each age group this year.

http://site2513.goalline.ca/news.php?news_id=1276427
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:34 pm

I assume you will be a sure thing seeing as you already have teams picked. My only question is when do the kids get to start a thread and tell all the reasons you shouldn't be picked. Only seems fair. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:41 pm

ballnut wrote:
I assume you will be a sure thing seeing as you already have teams picked. My only question is when do the kids get to start a thread and tell all the reasons you shouldn't be picked. Only seems fair. scratch

That's an interesting post to make, considering I haven't actually made a list that comprised of 12 players to make a roster.

I'll be sure not to give my opinion next time in threads that start off by asking "Who do you think will be playing on these teams".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:47 pm

I would say if you are in any way involved with bnb that would be obvious already. A little common sense goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LALakersFan24

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Powerball wrote:
Baller22w wrote:

Who was coaching Townsview?

The coach for JV Townsview is Allen O'brian and the Varsity is Lucas Flemming (Not sure for spelling) and Ben Gray (former WHS player)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LALakersFan24

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Ben Sponagle of the St.Stephen Bobcats would be a good choice for height as he is easily 1 inch taller than Nathan. He has a good mid range jumper, but usually tends to work in the post for easy left hand lay ups. Great amount of vertical! People say he can touch rim. Only has ever been blocked once by a centre from Meduxnakeg ( I don't know the spelling) who has a great jump for his height.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LALakersFan24

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:15 pm

hoopsfanNB wrote:
Powerball wrote:

Wow that is quite a statement powerball. Things are looking good for WHS over the next few years.

And that's not all they are getting. Both Meduxnekeg and Townsview go to WHS and Meduxnekeg has a couple of good players, but with all the players going to WHS I think some would be stuck playing for an exhibition team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Who are the good players on Meduxnekeag?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LALakersFan24

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:29 pm

Ballforlife12345 wrote:
Who are the good players on Meduxnekeag?

The seniors are the starters for the team. Tye Collier, Devon Bustard, Thomas Clark, Adam Conrad. TC and DB play WVA. The team is young though with only 4 grade eights and 4 grade 7's. Most players just came out of Mini or are still in the age range to play Mini.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LALakersFan24

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:33 pm

[quote="Ballforlife12345"]Who are the good players on Meduxnekeag?

The seniors may start, but the grade sevens and sixes can hold their own against talented teams like John Caldwell. The sixes and sevens have a lot of talent, and I wouldn't be suprised if Meduxnekeag becomes a rival to Townsview on the next few years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   

Back to top Go down

Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next