HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon May 09, 2016 9:33 am

Old school Boston 33 wrote:
Lol

What is funny?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon May 09, 2016 10:48 am

CaBBallDad wrote:
Lol

What is funny?

Probably that there are no Woodstock/CNHS kids on U17 boys team.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon May 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Coach.Red wrote:
CaBBallDad wrote:
Lol

What is funny?

Probably that there are no Woodstock/CNHS kids on U17 boys team.

I am thinking that Old School knows that no one from Woodstock/CN tried out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old school Boston 33

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon May 09, 2016 4:53 pm

Corrupt bnb is what I was lol about there coach red. Being part of bnb is a great experience for those boys chosen or not. And the coaches and staff go out all the way for those boys. Decisions are tough and me and others might not like it. And coach red don't all ways assume shit. If any of Woodstock or çnhs would have tried out would have been good for the roster. Webber ,Hill,Cook and Broad but sometimes there is work 2 do and it don't all ways work for some to do bnb. Yes I'm disappointed there is no county kids but that's how ow it rolls . New and young and great little ballers will be coming in next couple years
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon May 09, 2016 6:14 pm

Corrupt bnb is what I was lol about there coach red. Being part of bnb is a great experience for those boys chosen or not. And the coaches and staff go out all the way for those boys. Decisions are tough and me and others might not like it. And coach red don't all ways assume shit. If any of Woodstock or çnhs would have tried out would have been good for the roster. Webber ,Hill,Cook and Broad but sometimes there is work 2 do and it don't all ways work for some to do bnb. Yes I'm disappointed there is no county kids but that's how ow it rolls . New and young and great little ballers will be coming in next couple years

What exactly do you feel is corrupt?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old school Boston 33

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon May 09, 2016 6:22 pm

I don't think bnb is corrupt at all . Hard decisions are maid by coaching staff do they get it right all the time no. But it's a hard job and they don't like cutting kids but they only have spots for 12 . I hope they are going up and have good luck this year. It will be hard road for them I think but they have talent and some heart on that team. And you can't make everyone happy it sucks but it's true
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roundtrip1

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon May 09, 2016 8:38 pm

What happened to that Carlo kid from Sugarloaf that was on U16 last year ? Did he get cut or didnt try out ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon May 09, 2016 9:11 pm

I don't think bnb is corrupt at all . Hard decisions are maid by coaching staff do they get it right all the time no. But it's a hard job and they don't like cutting kids but they only have spots for 12 . I hope they are going up and have good luck this year. It will be hard road for them I think but they have talent and some heart on that team. And you can't make everyone happy it sucks but it's true

Sorry I misunderstood what you wrote when you said "corrupt BNB is what I was laughing at."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue May 10, 2016 6:51 am

Roundtrip1 wrote:
What happened to that Carlo kid from Sugarloaf that was on  U16 last year ? Did he get cut or didnt try out ?

Got cut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rapsfan67

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue May 10, 2016 12:09 pm

What about Adam Lambert? He was a strong player at u15 nationals last year and thought he may have had a chance as an underager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue May 10, 2016 12:37 pm

rapsfan67 wrote:
What about Adam Lambert? He was a strong player at u15 nationals last year and thought he may have had a chance as an underager

Tried out but wasn't looking to play BNB, apparently is going to Toronto this summer for personal training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller22w

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue May 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Teams are looking pretty weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rapsfan67

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue May 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Interesting, would have been a good player on u17
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue May 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Baller22w wrote:
Teams are looking pretty weak

You think there were better choices?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller22w

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue May 10, 2016 9:57 pm

I very well do. You don't?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rapsfan67

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Tue May 10, 2016 10:58 pm

its not always the most skilled players that are chosen, and sometimes it is difficult to make the correct choices, however Coach Hickey has had a good history at nationals and I'm confident we can compete again this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Wed May 11, 2016 8:33 am

Baller22w wrote:
I very well do. You don't?

I don't know the 17s all that well; perhaps you could enlighten us with your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roundtrip1

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Wed May 11, 2016 4:59 pm

Still surprised that Carlo kid from Sugarloaf didn`t make it after performing at nationals two years ago and making all Canada Second team. Guess he was never that good to make U17.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Wed May 11, 2016 5:35 pm

Carlo is a good player, he just isn't a good team player. I'm sure the coaches have picked up on that in the past 3 years and decided to go another route.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Thu May 12, 2016 7:31 am

Whenever I heard someone say a certain player should have been picked for a team I ask "Who would you take off?". This is always an interesting answer as often they mention someone that doesn't play the same position.

Based on what I know about these players, Carlo plays his best with the ball in his hands. He's a scoring PG who scores a lot of his points in the paint. If he was selected he wouldn't replace any of the bigs (French, Hawkins, Baker or Vickers). He probably would replace the wing players (Curtis, Currie, Paul, Corless, Hemphill & Watters) as they are all bigger and most can guard multiple positions.

That leaves just the two PG's selected which were Park and Speedy. I'm sure an argument could be made for any of the three but the coaches picked two. Minwoo is small like Carlo and a great defender, especially in the open court. Speedy is taller and good at spreading the floor because of his ability to catch and shoot.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, picking players is the toughest part of coaching these teams. Typically there isn't much separating the last 4 selections and the next 4 or 5 on the depth chart. Often is comes down to small little things and how a player fits into overall roster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
sunburylarry

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:53 am

This is good stuff to read. It's amazing to me that if someone offers help in the form of a donation whether it be financial or otherwise it is frowned upon as a bribe. If I were a BNB coach or organizer I'd be insulted however I know the BNB people are bigger than that. If you don't want your kid to be potentially cut from the team don't put them in the program. Truth is the kids will get over it, its the parent (s) who can't let it go. I never cared much for parents or players schmoozing around coaches either but the practice is as old as organized sport itself. And It's sad when parents live their lives thru their kids. Some coaches succumb to the BS, most don't. Move on and enjoy the rest of the summer. No one will remember who did what in a years time anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:02 am

Got to see the U16s play at Summerfest this past weekend, there was some exciting games to watch. The Central team beat the East team in the final by 3. All three teams played some great games over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys   Today at 4:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Basketball NB u15 & u17 boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9