HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Boys and girls predictions for regionals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hoopstalk27

PostSubject: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:23 pm

What do you guys think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balltillyoufall

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:14 pm

The northeast regional for the boys will most likely be a battle, with BMHS,MVHS,MHS, and RHS making a case for the 1 seed at sectionals, and the southwest has FHS as the clear favourite and Leo,KVHS, Sussex and SJHS below them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miramichi

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:36 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/JCS_Curricular/status/696363536772132864/photo/1

Congrats to JCS boys and girls who, for the first time ever, both claimed first place in league play!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:45 pm

miramichi wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JCS_Curricular/status/696363536772132864/photo/1

Congrats to JCS boys and girls who, for the first time ever, both claimed first place in league play!

Both Harvey girls and boys finished up league play in A-South in first place this year as well both going 10-0

Should be some good basketball coming up next weekend!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:34 pm

SW AA Boys - Host CNHS

Woodstock vs St. Stephen
SV vs Fundy
Rothesay vs Winner WHS/SSHS
CNHS vs Winner SVHS/FHS

SW AA Girls - Host Fundy

SVHS vs Rothesay
CNHS vs St. Stephen
Woodstock vs WInner RHS/SVHS
Fundy vs Winner CNHS/St. Stephen

SW AAA Girls - Host Sussex
Oromocto vs KV
LHHS vs HVHS
Fredericton vs Winner KVHS/OHS
Sussex vs Winner LHHS/HVHS

SW AAA Boys - Host Fredericton

LHHS vs SJHS
Sussex vs Oromocto
KV vs Winner LHHS/SJHS
Fredericton vs Winner SRHS/OHS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HUSKIES4

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:18 pm

FINAL EIGHT AAA BOYS

SW
1. FHS
2.LHHS
3.KV
4. SUSSEX

NE
1. BMHS
2. MHS
3. RHS
4. MVHS

Final 4
FHS vs RHS
LHHS vs BMHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:24 am

A Senior Boys South West Regional Tournament

Host: #1 West - John Caldwell High School

SCHEDULE : Feb.12th and 13th

Game#1 Fri. 1:00 PM Fredericton Christian Host Conference #2  vs. Sir James Dunn Guest Conference #3  
Game#2 Fri. 3:00 PM McAdam High Guest Conference #2 vs.  Canterbury High Host Conference #3  
Game#3 Fri. 5:00 PM Harvey High Guest Conference #1 vs. Winner Game 1  
Game#4 Fri. 7:00 PM John Caldwell Host Conference #1 vs. Winner Game 2  
Game#5 Sat. 11:00 AM Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4  
Game#6 Sat. 1:00 PM Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4

A Senior Girls South West Regional Tournament

Host: #1 South - Harvey High School

SCHEDULE : Feb.12th and 13th

Game#1 Fri. 1:00 PM Grand Manan High Host Conference #2  vs. Hartland Guest Conference #3  
Game#2 Fri. 3:00 PM Canterbury High Guest Conference #2  vs.  Rothesay Netherwood Host Conference #3  
Game#3 Fri. 5:00 PM John Caldwell Guest Conference #1 vs. Winner Game 1  
Game#4 Fri. 7:00 PM Harvey High Host Conference #1 vs. Winner Game 2  
Game#5 Sat. 11:00 AM Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4  
Game#6 Sat. 1:00 PM Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stern David

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:47 am

Playoff time in NBIAA. Any darkhorses in any of the divisions? Be interesting to see if there are any slippers made of glass out there and be interesting to hear some potential candidates who could upset favored teams. Heading to Fredericton to watch the boys this weekend. Lots of basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rapsfan67

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 am

would any of north-east aaa teams be able to surprise some teams?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:37 am

rapsfan67 wrote:

From the scores I've seen FHS has taken care of business when it came to any NE AAA teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Coach.Red wrote:
rapsfan67 wrote:

From the scores I've seen FHS has taken care of business when it came to any NE AAA teams.
AAA Boys
NE is interesting. MHS is disciplined but needs to shoot it well to beat stronger teams. Riverview hasn't come along quite as well as I think they had hoped but again managed to peak at the right time last year so we'll see. BMHS looked really strong early but hasn't done a lot lately. I think the biggest surprise could be MVHS. They have been hit by injuries and very Jekkyl and Hyde all year. If you get the gritty defensive team with athletes cleaning up mistakes and their shooters making tough shots they could be a tough out for anyone. If you get bad MVHS where they are gritty but no idea where they get offense from and no one playing special, then not so much.

FHS is top dawg at this point for sure. LHHS has talent needs the game played their way but is also a team who can be great or really bad only team on list so far that I see in any danger at Sectionals. KV and Sussex will be able to care of the ball and play with the top teams on the board.

AA Boys
With only 1 regional I expect CNHS and WHS to battle it out for 1-2. Though if RHS can show some grit they might be able to give them a run. I think the winner of the SV Fundy game probably finishes 4th (or 3rd if RHS doesn't want to travel west again).

A Boys
JCS
Harvey
FCA
Mcadam

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:15 pm

I would agree with everything said so far by Coach DJR.
I would also suggest, though, that whichever team comes out of the SW should also win at HS, unless it's LHHS, in which case it will depend who shows up for them, and what style of game they play that day...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:37 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
Coach.Red wrote:
rapsfan67 wrote:

AAA Boys
NE is interesting. MHS is disciplined but needs to shoot it well to beat stronger teams. Riverview hasn't come along quite as well as I think they had hoped but again managed to peak at the right time last year so we'll see. BMHS looked really strong early but hasn't done a lot lately. I think the biggest surprise could be MVHS. They have been hit by injuries and very Jekkyl and Hyde all year. If you get the gritty defensive team with athletes cleaning up mistakes and their shooters making tough shots they could be a tough out for anyone. If you get bad MVHS where they are gritty but no idea where they get offense from and no one playing special, then not so much.

FHS is top dawg at this point for sure. LHHS has talent needs the game played their way but is also a team who can be great or really bad only team on list so far that I see in any danger at Sectionals. KV and Sussex will be able to care of the ball and play with the top teams on the board.

AA Boys
With only 1 regional I expect CNHS and WHS to battle it out for 1-2. Though if RHS can show some grit they might be able to give them a run. I think the winner of the SV Fundy game probably finishes 4th (or 3rd if RHS doesn't want to travel west again).

A Boys
JCS
Harvey
FCA
Mcadam

Considering Riverview is without 2 returners/seniors from last year, and despite 50 and 25 point losses to BMHS and a 25 point loss to MHS, they still managed to finish the year off with a win over MHS and a 4 point loss to BMHS a week ago.

I'd say they've come along quite nicely. Will that translate into wins against LHHS/FHS, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Riverview played FHS this past weekend at the RNS tournament. I don't think it was too close? It was 29 -1 at end of Q1 and 50 - 24 at half time before the bench came on and finished up. You never know, but...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Sorry. Last post should have read 29-10 at end of Q1. See tweets from RNS VB Basketball @RNS_Hoops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rapsfan67

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Is MVHS still missing many players to injury?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HUSKIES4

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:44 pm

I saying FHS vs BMHS/MHS or RHS for final, I cannot see anyone being close to FHS. I watched some of FHS vs RHS last Saturday and it was a 30 point game all in the first half. RHS is very young, everyone back next year I heard. BMHS can match up with FHS but cannot get along. MHS has to make shots but are not very big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballizlife619

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:15 pm

It'll be FHS vs Leo Hayes at harbour station guaranteed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Ha ha good one lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballizlife619

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:14 pm

At the end of the day Leo Hayes is the 2nd best team...RHS is terrible MHS and MVHS are ok and BMHS is decent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Maybe at the end of 1 day Leo is 2nd best its the other 6 days we are gonna play. Hehe no chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballizlife619

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Wtf are you talking about ballnut...you wanker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:01 pm

They will not be there. Wanker is fairly certain about that Fredi nut hugger.hehe scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballizlife619

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:11 pm

Moncton teams are too one dimensional
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:26 pm

LHHS players should worry about winning games and not trash talking on a forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls predictions for regionals    Today at 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Boys and girls predictions for regionals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next