HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4A GIRLS RESULTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Southfan

PostSubject: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Anybody have results from girls tournaments this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Jp beat western Canada last second shot western beat LCI handily in semi cardston girls beat centennial at the centennial tournament final
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WBall

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:52 pm

At the Western Tournament, Raymond went down big on JP in the first round then made a second half run and lost by about 7. LCI beat Aberhart by 30+, Western over Chestermere, St Mary's over Manitoba team.

JP handles St Mary's easily in one semi, but I wouldn't say that Western handled LCI easily in the semis as it was a tie game at half and a 3 point game after 3. LCI's defense kept them in the game, but Western pulled away a little at the end of the 4th as it looked like LCI was a little short on the bench with some girls not dressed? Raymond went on to win the consolation final. LCI won the 3rd place game over St Mary's by about 25. The final was crazy as it could have been anybody's game right until the final buzzer when JP hit a shot with 2 seconds left to win by 2. Looks like those two teams are very evenly matched.

Over at Centennial, Cardston won that tournament with wins over Med Hat 48-36? and over Centennial in the final.

St Francis won up in Edmonton with a 9 point win over a German team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:59 pm

Thanks for the updates, appreciate any more results or commentary .
WBall , what is the ? after Med Hat vs Cardston score? Not sure of the score or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Centennial tournament has some scores up but not all med hat beat Myers in a close game magrath girl tournament this next weekend should be good for 3a will post as soon as I get the draw

Last edited by westwind Bball on Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WBall

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Sorry Southfan. The ? means that I heard that's what the score was but I didn't see that game and it seems like a really low scoring affair, so I have no commentary for it. If someone has some insight, I'd be interested to hear what happened as Med Hat has kind of been coming on of late with a close game against St. Francis and a win in Taber.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
girlballer

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:28 pm

This past weekend

Great tournament results at the Western Tournament. I was able to see a few games along with the Cardston vs Centennial final

Western and Jasper place are both two very equal teams. Talking to some people they said it was a great game and said the lead change 15 times during the game. We kind of suspected they would be a close match up. They both still need to get through St. Francis

Centennial vs Cardston - Centennial is plagued with injuries. They lost their 6'2 girl in the semi final. They lost their 3 point shooter last week and only had 6 dressed for the final. Not taking anything away from Cardston, they are a good team and injuries are part of every team but Centennial is not the same team with out these players.

LCI is looking strong and they did play a great game against Western. I'm getting all my score updates on @yycbasketball - they seem to post all the Calgary tournaments and scores

Medicine Hat is a team people need to watch out for. They play Jasper Place in the first round of the Spruce Grove tournament. The draw looks to be pretty good with Jasper, St. Albert, Western, Medicine Hat, Raymond, Spruce Grove all in it.

It's going to be an exciting Provincials this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:05 am

Magrath tournament only one 4a team but useful for 3a LCI kills strathmore by 80 to 34 stirling beat HTA 72 to 46 mazutinec girl was to good HTA is 2 in 3a magrath beat cranbrook 75 to 48 and morinville beat chestermere 61 to 46 game much closer then final score thirteens 5 and 3 in 3a
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:16 am

LCI girls win final 75 to 60 against magrath third place won by morinville by about 20 over stirling magrath and LCI end up winning pretty easy magrath down 13 at halftime best player didn't play much first half won by about 16 in end Over morinville LCI beat stirling by about 40 chestermere beat HT in loser side final by about 10 offensive mvp Cassidy cook number 11 defensive mvp is 13 Jessica zarowny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDeeds

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Update from Spruce Grove Panther classic
Spruce wins tournament beating #2 JP by about a dozen in their semi final and then beats #3 Western in the final by about 9. SG PG Jenna Harpe scores 42 in the final (grade 11). Spruce will move up in the final ranking as they seem to be peaking at the right time. SACHS lost to Western by 12 in semi-final and then lost by 12 to JP for 3rd. We are playing with 7-8 players due to injury, starter moving away for rugby to BC and only having 10 to start with. Med Hat beats Raymond in consolation final by about 10.
Some basic observations - the best teams match up pretty well with starters and the top 4-5 can play a multitude of different ways (St. Francis, Western, JP, CCH and Spruce). I think mental toughness or the ability to make a push when needed or having a go to player take control (match up problems), might separate the top teams come provincial time. I have yet to see CCH play but from all accounts they sound like they have a great little floor general (PG from Europe or something? that moved here). Confidence and trusting teammates is also a huge factor. I was very impressed with Spruce as their bench stepped in and contributed big minutes which is huge for them. Western is very talented, well coached and came at us with wave after wave of subs - similar to St. Francis when I watched them in Calgary. Med Hat is following a similar path to last year hovering around the top 10, not showing their 1-3-1 a ton but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the mix of things in a few weeks. Metro League in Edmonton starts their playoffs in a week. The top 4 are set (JP, SACHS, SG and PK) with 5-8 still TBD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:25 pm

interesting weekend in the south:
The top 5 teams now play each other again.
This weekend results:
Friday: LCI losses to Med Hat by 4
Catholic Central losses to Cardston by 3
Saturday: Catholic Central beats Med Hat by 2
LCI beats Taber by7
Looks like south is wide open with any of the top 6 can beat each other on any given night.
Raymond ended up 6th after first round but don't count them out come zones.
League will finish up this weekend and decide seeding for zone playoffs where only 3 can go to provincials.
Will be some good teams left out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4A GIRLS RESULTS   Today at 9:01 am

Back to top Go down

4A GIRLS RESULTS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1