HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Social Media Results For Weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stern David

PostSubject: Social Media Results For Weekend   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:12 pm

How many schools/teams/team managers/fans will be updating results through social media like Twitter, Periscope and whatever else is popular? To hope NBIAA will have results may be tough to expect. Anyone out there with social media suggestions or who to follow? Seems odd to be waiting on results from all over NB when it's never been easier to communicate. And, who is the upset special at any level this weekend? It has to happen somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Results For Weekend   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Rothesay over Carleton North
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Results For Weekend   Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:27 pm

*In terms of who to follow:

FHS and LHHS girls both have team accounts that live update scores on twitter, that will likely cover you at that sectional.

Dairy Town Classic on Facebook tends to have great updates of both boys and girls results.

Most boys scores seem to be posted here pretty regularly.

*NBIAA page is updated by scores sent to NBIAA by tournament managers. They are asked to send final scores by the evening at the end of the entire regional or sectional but when the NBIAA posts them is out of their control.

* In terms of upset specials. RHS boys over CNHS seems to be the sexy pick right now (not sure how much is just not wanting chalk and CNHS vs WHS again and how much is real belief in RHS). I know there is a segment of the board who won't "care" but A girls SW regional last weekeknd. 3 of the 4 seeding games (semi's, finals, consolation) were decided by a bucket the other by 7. Anyone of those teams regardless of seed could move on in any game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballizlife619

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Results For Weekend   Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:54 pm

Bernice 88 Leo Hayes 85
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Results For Weekend   Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:31 am

I could send a Carrier pigeon from Calgary and probably get the scores faster than the NBIAA website.....anyway, I like Canterbury and John Caldwell to advance to the 'A' girls final. Harvey choked at home last year.....I'm looking for a repeat performance.

I probably won't be able to go home again...I'll be exiled for that prediction. It's just a gut feeling....although, I hope our girls win....obviously.

As far as updating scores - just make a new thread for Sectional scores....I''m sure there will be a few hooplife members at most of these tournaments...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Results For Weekend   Today at 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Social Media Results For Weekend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1