HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Notre Dame Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thetruth2

PostSubject: Notre Dame Tournament   Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:22 am

In Calgary for the weekend. Looking to catch a game. Anyone got a draw?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTruthofTheSouth

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:13 am

Nd Vs cochrane 11:45 am fri
Bob vs Pearson 8:00 am fri
F.Lacombe Vs western 10:00 am fri
MBCI Vs Aberhart 1:30 pm fri
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thetruth2

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:53 am

That's a good draw with all the top teams in Calgary. It should clear things up. All early starts. Do you have games times for Friday night?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Any games results?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:02 pm

When the site was up I saw person and ft lacombe won
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:40 pm

As per ND Twitter account
Pearson over BOB 85-71
Lacombe over Western 76-63
ND over Cochrane 76-51
Aberhart over MBCI 66-38

All four semifinals spots go to Calgary North. Not surprising results given strength of Calgary North teams.
Interesting match up ND vs Pearson 6:45 pm tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthWest

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Ball501 wrote:
As per ND Twitter account
Pearson over BOB 85-71
Lacombe over Western 76-63
ND over Cochrane 76-51
Aberhart over MBCI 66-38

All four semifinals spots go to Calgary North. Not surprising results given strength of Calgary North teams.
Interesting match up ND vs Pearson 6:45 pm tonight.

As I expected North Calgary is dominating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:43 pm

thetruth2 wrote:
In Calgary for the weekend. Looking to catch a game. Anyone got a draw?

Schedule on ND Pride Twitter account
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:48 am

Pearson might be #1 team in Alberta at this moment.....
They beat O'Byrne and Notre Dame two teams many think are top contenders to win Provincial Championship this year...ON SAME DAY.... Very convincingly as well. After losing 2 out of 3 before going in semi against ND in ND school full of ND supporters and coming out with a win with such a calm manner says lot about this Pearson team coaches and players...

I had a chance to see this game between two top contenders at Provincial level. I am not disappointed from loss but I am very disappointed from behaviour of ND players especially sharp shooter #3 and combo player #12. Weak coaching means you can not discipline your players. ND coaching staff seems like encouraging bad behaviour....so desperate to win #3 kept playing despite hitting and abusing everything in his way in 4th quarter when game is out of their hand.

I have seen Mr. Mitchell coach Pearson and couple other schools for last 20+ years.. He may  be THE best coach Calgary ever seen. His assistant seems very into games as well. Great coaching combo along with a very humble and unselfish group of players will bring success.

If I am college coach I would be closely watching these boys from Pearson based on their character and unselfishness. I love every aspect of these players game from Pearson #9, #24 #6, #21, #10 and little guy #3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Lacombe just beat Pearson in the finals by 20 and it could have been more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:34 am

CalgaryBaller2015 wrote:

Lacombe finally played to their potential and Pearson did start strong had a 12-6 lead and a line change from Pearson helped Lacombe take charge and went on I believe 18-0 run. Pearson looked rattled after that. They could not hit a 3 pointer thanks to  Lacombe being that much determined to double...tipple team anyone touched the ball. Watch out for Lacombe they are dangerous. Game was over in first half.

Not the best coaches on bench for Lacombe...both of them have losing track records, but the best athletes in City for sure. Credit goes to players and seemed like they were in charge...

Pearson ran out of players to compete with Lacombe.Pearson was reduced to one line team if I strech it not more than 7. #10, #13, and #22 who killed BOB and ND on boards were out rebounded by 1 to 4 at least. I liked #6, #9, #21, #24... Only they were able to hold the fort. Pearson Fort got invaded and taken over by Lacombe tonight............these four players from Pearson are high character players and has never quit attitude. If these four were played 10 more minutes in this games result would be different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:15 am

Ball501 wrote:
CalgaryBaller2015 wrote:

Lacombe finally played to their potential and Pearson did start strong had a 12-6 lead and a line change from Pearson helped Lacombe take charge and went on I believe 18-0 run. Pearson looked rattled after that. They could not hit a 3 pointer thanks to  Lacombe being that much determined to double...tipple team anyone touched the ball. Watch out for Lacombe they are dangerous. Game was over in first half.

Not the best coaches on bench for Lacombe...both of them have losing track records, but the best athletes in City for sure. Credit goes to players and seemed like they were in charge...

Pearson ran out of players to compete with Lacombe.Pearson was reduced to one line team if I strech it not more than 7. #10, #13, and #22 who killed BOB and ND on boards were out rebounded by 1 to 4 at least. I liked #6, #9, #21, #24... Only they were able to hold the fort. Pearson Fort got invaded and taken over by Lacombe tonight............these four players from Pearson are high character players and has never quit attitude. If these four were played 10 more minutes in this games result would be different.

Lacombe if plays to their potential will be tough to beat. There is a lo of talent and depth on that team and their Grade 10's fit right in. Was pretty impressive. I don't know their one coach but the head coach has been around for a while and has done some good things. He has won a lot (yes there has been a lot of talent there too).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thetruth2

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:23 pm

I saw a few games and this was a good tournament. All 6 Calgary teams looked good but it was obvious that Father Lacombe has the most potential and they played to it this weekend. I'm not sure they can do that week in and week out however and I don't think that any of these teams will be able to compete fundamentally with Raymond, Cardston, LCI or even Medicine Hat. Last year there was all the Calgary hype and look what happened at provincials. I'm predicting its no different this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Over last decade or so insane amount of talent walked in Lacombe. Somehow year after year Lacombe coaches manage to waste that talent. Yes they have moody players even the current team has quite a few of them. If coaches lack ability to discipline their players they will not go too far.

Coaching is one of the most underrated elements when we assess teams. We usually look at athletes, wins and losses. But better coaching can develop players and make better use of them. To me Pearson and BOB has the best Coaches in Calgary. I have seen number of games both teams play this year. On and off court players' behaviour can explain what kind of mind set being developed by coaches.  Players from BOB and Pearson are down to earth kids. But I can't say the same about Lacombe and my favorite ND.

Raymond, Cardston, LCI, Mcgrath and other teams from south are also blessed with great coaching. South has outplayed Calgary in Provinicials year after year. One of the reasons teams representing Calgary for last few years did not have strong coaches. Pearson wasn't even strong Div 2 team in Calgary. Last year #9 Simar Bajwa playing from grade 10 on senior team suddenly made them competitive but not strong enough to win big games himself with a rest of very weak group of players. But this year with lot more help they should be representing Calgary very well. I hope both Pearson and BOB qualify for provincials and they will go much deeper in to playoffs than Calgary teams of last few years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notre Dame Tournament   Today at 7:35 am

Back to top Go down

Notre Dame Tournament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1