HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Down by the Station early in the morning . . .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:17 pm

Well its that time of year again.

Well you've got or 2 WHS', 2 KVHS, 3 FHS'

JCS is there just not the one you might have been talking about.

McAdam station proud to roll into harbour station.

GM girls, and Harvey boys all back again.

CNHS vs WHS boys

KV vs FHS all Saturday night

Whats your storyline? Whats your predictions . . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:28 pm

JCS
Harvey
Fundy
Woodstock
FHS x2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:16 am

Quite a weekend for the McAdam Warriors ! They went to the other side of the Province as a number #4 seed and knocked off the number#1 seed on their home court Friday night, (Caledonia) I believe they were undefeated on their home court all year. Then yesterday was the Biggest upset I have ever seen in high school basketball...the Warriors slayed a giant. John Caldwell were undefeated in league play, beat some really big schools this year and beat us by 35 last weekend on their home court ... They were already thinking about playing Harvey next weekend at Harbour Station....and they didn't even see us coming. I know they didn't have McCarthy but they still had enough firepower on that team to down McAdam....but not this time.
DAWSON BOON scored 52 points and made a couple of shots that were guided in by the basketball gods! I hope you post the video of his and 1 shot and his running buzzer beater 3 pointer he made Miramichi!
RAMSES SMITH had a quadruple double which is 20 points, 20 assists, 12 steals and 12 rebounds...the game of his life. All the boys contributed in a total team effort. They refused to loose! GO HICKORY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:21 am

Thx for update, few surprises including very young fhs girls, Kv boys back to defend, Kv girls defeating Sussex .
Fhs boys win, Kv girls win, rest I'll leave to local experts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old school Boston 33

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:44 am

JCS , Harvey , I will take KV girls and Woodstock girls, FHS hands down for boys and Carlton north stars over Woodstock . Benches will make the difference in these two games to deep .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:04 am

Girls - GMCS , FHS , KVHS
Boys  - HHS , CNHS , FHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife1412

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Men's Games:
FHS over KVHS
HHS Over Mcadam
WHS over CNHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:40 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:58 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
retro baller

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:30 am

On paper, I'd have to pick CNHS over WHS. One of CN's best teams to come through and on the other hand, one of Woodstock's weaker in the past few years. That being said, anything can happen in a game like this and if any school in AA knows what the big stage is like, it's Woodstock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 am

GM girls return pretty much the same lineup as last year unlike JCS ..edge to GM. Harvey in double digits. others, Woodstock girls, CN boys, FHS boys, KV in a thriller
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:55 pm

Storylines?

Well, for me....it's who is not at the Final 12....I think most would have had the Sussex girls and John Caldwell boys playing in the finals and at least moderate favourites.....and neither team is there. The other is Southern Victoria...did anybody see them coming within a buzzer beater of going to the Final 12? Or did that just come from out of nowhere?

Closest game of the Final 12 - GM and John Caldwell....should be a close game....both teams have been there and know how to win (Pick'em)

Second closest game - Woodstock girls vs. Fundy girls (not FHS) - This game is being played on Woodstock's 2nd home floor - the Final 12. I was going to cheer for the underdog Fundy, until DJR Coach revealed he hates Democracy and therefore, Canada.....go Woodstock!

Closer game than people think - Woodstock vs. CN - as retro baller mentioned, on paper, advantage CN....but championships aren't won on paper....Woodstock knows how to win....and the Final 12 is their second home.

Games that should be essentially over at the half - Hooligan High & Evil Empire boys.....just don't see McAdam & KV hanging....but I could be wrong. Prove me wrong.

Team that benefited the most with last weeks result - Evil Empire girls...after Sussex declawed them, took them to the litter box and pooped on them to the tune of almost 30 points....well, they aren't playing Sussex....their claws have been reattached and sharpened....never give the Evil Empire a reprieve...they will take advantage. I would have added Hooligan High to this list...but, they went to John Caldwell and beat them on their home court.....so....

I said a few years ago.....three teams I wouldn't bet against....Woodstock, Fredericton and Grand Manan....not saying they'll all win....I just wouldn't bet against them....just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:27 pm

The Hickory Holigans vs. The Evil Empire....either one still sounds alot better than the Grand Manan Whiners. Your right Douglas, Harvey should win by 20 or more. Let's hope the Holigans give them a game...they sure pissed on the JC parade last week. Two great southern conference basketball communities battling for a Class A banner will be fun to watch. May the Force be with you Jimmy Chitwood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:55 am

BumptheCutter wrote:
The Hickory Holigans vs. The Evil Empire....either one still sounds alot better than the Grand Manan Whiners.  Your right Douglas, Harvey should win by 20 or more. Let's hope the Holigans give them a game...they sure pissed on the JC parade last week.  Two great southern conference basketball communities battling for a Class A banner will be fun to watch. May the Force be with you Jimmy Chitwood!

I'm pretty sure he is referring to Harvey as the Hooligans .....or so history shows ......

Last edited by BeeBall4Lifee on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:18 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
BumptheCutter wrote:
The Hickory Holigans vs. The Evil Empire....either one still sounds alot better than the Grand Manan Whiners.  Your right Douglas, Harvey should win by 20 or more. Let's hope the Holigans give them a game...they sure pissed on the JC parade last week.  Two great southern conference basketball communities battling for a Class A banner will be fun to watch. May the Force be with you Jimmy Chitwood!

Jody I'm pretty sure he is referring to Harvey as the Hooligans .....or so history shows ......

For the record this is NOT Jody! Just a over enthusiastic Warrior fan.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
retro baller

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:19 am

It all starts tonight. Any guesses on which game will be the loudest in terms of fans? It's always fun to see which schools have the most fan support!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-is-key

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:45 am

A schools will definitely be the loudest. They always have the best fan support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:12 pm

With FHS and KV both being in the AAA men's and women's division finals, I expect them to be quite raucous. Lots of people that might not normally stay for the last men's game probably will, and lots of people will probably go earlier to catch the girls game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Kv girls won, who won guys Aaa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:14 pm

FHS in a walk. 90-65
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballizlife619

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:06 am

You could make an all star team with all the best players in the province and they still wouldn't be able to beat FHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:22 am

Congrats to all teams, players and coaches and parents, great efforts required to qualify.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballmax

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:39 pm

Does anybody know why Bryce Corliss didn't play for KVHS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Results from the Final 12

A girls- John Caldwell vs GM
This was a very good game overall. Grand Manan led early on and John Caldwell brought it back to win by 2. With all the girls from John Caldwell in grade 10 or under (one grade 7 starter) things are looking very good for them in the next few years

A boys- Mcadam vs Harvey
This game stole the show. It had it all. Mcadam jumped out early and led by 20 at one point. At the end of the third quarter Harvey started bringing it back and went on about a 20-0 run. The game was tied with 17 seconds left when Drummond hit a baseline runner to ultimately win. Mcadam had a chance at the end but a fumbled pass killed them. Boon and Smith were amazing for Mcadam with 22 and 25 respectively. Great showing by the Warriors

AA girls Woodstock vs Fundy
Fundy gave it there all and came within 2 with 30 seconds left but the queens of the final 12 responded with a bank 3 of all things to clinch the win

AA boys Woodstock vs Carleton North
In the battle of Carlton County Woodstock jumped out to and early lead but Carlton north remaind calm and brought it to 20-18 Woodstock after 1. Carleton north played an extended 2-3 to go up by 6 at half. The third was back and fourth but remained a 6 point stars advantage going into the fourth. Woodstock went on a run at the start of the fourth to take the lead by 3 with all of Carleton Norths top guns on the bench. Down the stretch was all Kruz Bell, hitting for 10 points in the last 4 minutes. He ended the game with 35 points. No one gave Woodstock much of a chance in this game but they fought and were right there at the end. A couple missed 3s from Bell and the game was Woodstock's.

I did not get to watch the AAA girls game

AAA boys- FHS vs KV
This was FHS's year. No one could come close to them. Like Ballizlife619 says "you could put all the top players in the province together and they still couldn't beat FHS"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:48 pm

King and co. Do great job, these players face nothing in a game they have not faced in practise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Station early in the morning . . .   Today at 1:05 am

Back to top Go down

Down by the Station early in the morning . . .
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1