HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Final Rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:29 am

I am not sure one game should have got a team ranked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windex

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:52 am

This is the most 'Medicine Hat' reply I've heard in a while.

"Although they lost to Cardston in a close with several players very sick with flu. They are probably the deepest team putting it together at the right time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unregistered user

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:56 pm

I heard Med Hat snuck into Raymond's gym last night. Loosened the rims, re-painted the three/foul line and brought their own refs.

Or they are just the better team.

Med hat 108 Raymond 99.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windex

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:24 pm

It's awfully hard to hear the trash talk you are bringing from all the way down there in 4th place.

And that sums it up. 4th place. Nothing to talk about. Beating Raymond twice is admirable. Good job. There are no trophies for that. That gets you nothing.

Raymond still finishes in first place.

You can hang your 50th "we didn't win zones but we beat Raymond/Cardston/ etc" banner.

Championships is what matter. When it comes to that you aren't even in the conversation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Congrats on well played game Med hat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:33 am

Did I miss something? Has Raymond won a championship yet? Do you not have to beat med hat in a possible zone semi matchup to even reach the championship game? No one cares who finishes first in regular season. Pretty sure the med hat girls finished 4th or something in their regular season last year. Not only did they end up winning zones, they won provincials as well. Don't crown yourselves just yet Raymond. You've had a great season but don't go talking till you finish the job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windex

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:47 am

Raymond has to beat the winner of Mohawks and CCHS. So far Mohawks are 0-2 against the Cougars. Don't go putting yourself in the semi final just yet Medicine Hat. You've had a good season but don't go talking till you win your first round game at zones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:49 am

I'm not from med hat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windex

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:51 am

and?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windex

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:53 am

Final south zone seeding
1. Raymond
2. Cardston
3. LCI
4. MHHS
5. CCHS
6. Winston Churchill
7. Magrath
8. Chinook
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:07 pm

Bit of a surprize in the Edmonton finals. O'Leary over Ainlay by 12. Provincials are WIDE OPEN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:45 am

Aball wrote:
Bit of a surprize in the Edmonton finals. O'Leary over Ainlay by 12. Provincials are WIDE OPEN.

Wow Ainlay losing in cities two years in a row.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsab

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Senior Mens Calgary playoff results:

LBP 89 FL 78
ND 91 BOB 75
BM 72 EM 55
SF 87 SWC 86

A little surprised at SF result, but not surprised that 4 teams from North advanced...

The last provincial rankings had SWC and BOB in top 10 and they lost in Calgary quarter finals...

SF plays BM in semi finals and they only lost to BM by 3 in league so incredibly, they might actually advance to Calgary Championship game as a 6 seed from the North. If they make it to finals, I do not think they can beat LBP or ND , but their mere presence in the Calgary City Championships would make the rankings heading into provincials interesting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:06 am

hoopsab wrote:
Senior Mens Calgary playoff results:

LBP 89  FL  78
ND 91  BOB 75
BM 72 EM  55
SF 87 SWC 86

A little surprised at SF result, but not surprised that 4 teams from North advanced...

The last provincial rankings had SWC and BOB in top 10 and they lost in Calgary quarter finals...

SF plays BM in semi finals and they only lost to BM by 3 in league so incredibly, they might actually advance to Calgary Championship game as a 6 seed from the North. If they make it to finals, I do not think they can beat LBP or ND , but their mere presence in the Calgary City Championships would make the rankings heading into provincials interesting...

Calgary North div is living to its super competitive reputation. All four teams in semis are from North. All of these teams forced each other to bring their best games night in night out. That made them that much better. All these four teams deserve to be where they are. However BOB loss broke my heart.
Calgary had two match ups representing Humbleness Vs Arrogance. Pearson Humbleness won over Lacombe Arrogance...somehow ND Arrogance won over BOB Humbleness. Only BOB to blame for this loss they forced Lacombe to be in North thinking they will walk over every south team. Lack of competition in south made them just a mediocre team.

Calgary High School Athletic Association need to rethink about Div 1 programme. They need to emulate what Edmonton Metro has. On a positive note 3 out of 4 participants from Calgary are capable beating any team in Province. I fully expect Provincial Championship to land in Calgary......

Last edited by Ball501 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:13 am

Pearson team looked THE TEAM today. Anyone and everyone from Pearson didn't care about their stats. They are guided by THE COACHES.......Coach Mitchell and I believe other coach is Mr Fraser. Congrats to everyone involved with Pearson programme....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsab

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:44 am

Calgary High School Athletic Association need to rethink about Div 1 programme. They need to emulate what Edmonton Metro has. On a positive note 3 out of 4 participants from Calgary are capable beating any team in Province. I fully expect Provincial Championship to land in Calgary......[/quote]

Agreed... Edmonton making 1 super league (combining Edmonton Public and Metro into 1 league) has been good..Calgary needs to combine North and South into 1 . This year's results prove it....

I am not convinced a Calgary team will win provincials though...I do wish that more AB tournaments would expand to 12 or 16 teams and have more representation from all over province at them. This would help with the provincial rankings, which clearly were not very accurate this year. (JP, Ross Shep, BOB, SWC, etc etc being ranked all year and losing in quarter finals of their playoffs)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:26 pm

When does provincial seeding get decided/released?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:59 pm

For thought on more teams in tournaments issue is time and space can't do a 2 day tournament with more then 8 without early times both days or a lot of gym space I think the bigger issue is teams don't play tournament outside zone as for when seeding comes out should be today I believe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Rankings   Today at 8:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Final Rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2