HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4A Boys Provincials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WBall

PostSubject: 4A Boys Provincials   Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:37 am

1 O'Leary
16 Charles Spencer

8 Notre Dame Calgary
9 Holy Trinity

4 LCI
13 Notre Dame- RD

5 Mcnally
12 Foothills

2 Ainlay
15 Lloyd

7 Cardston
10 St Francis

3 Raymond
14 Thurber

6 Pearson
11Lazerte
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:55 pm

bottom side of this draw is tough. Ainlay, Raymond, Cardston, and Pearson all spending time in the top 5 of rankings through the year. On the top half O leary is the only team that has spent significant time ranked that high. LCI is trending upward over the last few weeks. If they want to make a provincial final, this is the year that the draw smiles upon them. I know Bishop McNally is good as well but I see this as a race between LCI and Oleary for that top half. On the bottom, I think it may come down to Ainlay and Raymond. I don't see anyone beating Ainlay on that side of the draw though whether it be Cardston, Raymond, or Pearson. My bet is on an Ainlay v. LCI final. I'll add that ND (calgary) and McNally could be good picks as well but I don't see them going all the way to the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:38 am

Ball456 wrote:
bottom side of this draw is tough. Ainlay, Raymond, Cardston, and Pearson all spending time in the top 5 of rankings through the year. On the top half O leary is the only team that has spent significant time ranked that high. LCI is trending upward over the last few weeks. If they want to make a provincial final, this is the year that the draw smiles upon them. I know Bishop McNally is good as well but I see this as a race between LCI and Oleary for that top half. On the bottom, I think it may come down to Ainlay and Raymond. I don't see anyone beating Ainlay on that side of the draw though whether it be Cardston, Raymond, or Pearson. My bet is on an Ainlay v. LCI final. I'll add that ND (calgary) and McNally could be good picks as well but I don't see them going all the way to the final.

@Ball456 you are right about bottom draw being stronger than top one. However LCI can't get past McNally.....even if they somehow manage to get by them Oleary or ND both much stronger than them. LCI can expect whipping from one of these teams. Raymond-Pearson QF is expected but outcome hard to guess. It won't be a cake walk for HA, Cardston is tough opponent in QF and Raymond-Pearson winner can take them out as well in semis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:59 am

I wouldn't say 'can't' get past McNally. It should be a tough game. It's been awhile since I saw McNally, but when I did see them I wasn't overly impressed. LCI has looked quite good lately, I imagine that McNally has greatly improved as well. Will be a tough game assuming it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Predictions....for fun!   Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:14 pm

OLeary over ND
LCI over McNally
Ainlay over Cardston
Pearson over Raymond

OLeary over LCI
Ainlay over Pearson

Ainlay over OLeary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Was it ND(calgary) that beat Oleary this year? is that an upset that could realistically happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Ball456 wrote:
Was it ND(calgary) that beat Oleary this year? is that an upset that could realistically happen?

Yes it was and it is a realistic possibility OLeary is a far better team but ND can shoot the lights out at times and if they get hot, then they have a shot for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southalum

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:14 pm

CalgaryBaller2015

Is it not a possibility for Raymond to shoot the lights out? I think many people have seen this happen this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Southalum wrote:
CalgaryBaller2015

Is it not a possibility for Raymond to shoot the lights out? I think many people have seen this happen this year.

Absolutely! That's what makes Provincials so much fun (especially this year?). A few teams have a legitimate shot. Above are only my predictions but I could EASILY see a few games going the other way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thetruth2

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:03 pm

#1 Archbishop O'Leary vs #8 Notre Dame
#12 Foothills vs #4 LCI
#2 Harry Ainlay vs #7 Cardston
#6 Lester B. Pearson vs #3 Raymond

#1 Archbishop O'Leary vs #4 LCI
#2 Harry Ainlay vs #3 Raymond

#1 Archbishop O'Leary vs #3 Raymond

Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:22 am

First round went as expected
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:35 pm

@ball501 "LCI can't get past McNally"........that was your quote wasn't it. Was there even one point during that game where it looked like McNally might pull it out? or did LCI dominate them the entire game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTruthofTheSouth

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:59 pm

nd over O'leary by 20

lci over mcnally by 20 or 30

raymond over pearson by 8

ainlay over cardston
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTruthofTheSouth

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:03 pm

semis :

nd vs lci

raymond vs ainlay

i believe nd will go to the finals and or better yet win
their forwards crash hard to the basket and get many rebound and tend to out hustle the other bigs while their guards can shoot very well from 3 and when they miss the bigs will clean it up alot of the time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Ball456 wrote:
@ball501  "LCI can't get past McNally"........that was your quote wasn't it. Was there even one point during that game where it looked like McNally might pull it out? or did LCI dominate them the entire game?

@ball456 I wish I had a crystal ball......It is pathetic even to point out this way. I try to predict like most others and been wrong many times I must admit.  Ball456 you are the only one to have every future event figured out in advance. What a shame.....

BTW congrats to LCI !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Ha if nd whips Lci tonight I will be the first to say you are right. Personally I wish the quarter finals would have been closer games. I expected more from McNally, onleary, and Cardston. Raymond and Pearson looked like it was closer but I think Raymond led almost the whole time in that game as well. Hopefully the semis bring some drama and excitement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:05 pm

@ball501 humble pie is bitter. Congrats to nd. With the year it's been we can't be too surprised to see an 8 seed make the final. Raymond shooting the lights or so far against ainlay. This will be an entertaining game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:22 pm

Great game with LCI nd congrats to both teams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:28 am

Raymond pulled it off great three year run by Ainlay and congrats for Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:53 am

I'll be the first one to say that I gave Ainlay the championship before the provincials even started. So impressed with what I saw from Raymond last night! Less talent but more heart wins a lot of basketball games. Congrats Raymond!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 pm

Aball wrote:
I'll be the first one to say that I gave Ainlay the championship before the provincials even started. So impressed with what I saw from Raymond last night! Less talent but more heart wins a lot of basketball games. Congrats Raymond!

Tons of help from refs to take Raymond to finals. What a shame better teams likes of Pearson, and HA were robbed. I don't want to take away any thing from Raymond coaches and players they just played their game and got helped a lot by refs..... espcially Pearson had no chance to compete against a pre determined outcome. HA was a next victim.....finally fair reffing and a Calgary Team wins it. It should have been Pearson-ND final!

CONGRATS ND!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windex

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:36 am

You obviously weren't at any games.
Was O'Leary robbed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windex

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:40 am

"I don't want to take anything away from the Raymond coaches and players"

You are too stupid to realize that everything in your post takes everything away from Raymond and their coaches and players.

The teams that got robbed were O'Leary and Raymond. It was clear that the refs weren't letting anyone but ND win this thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windex

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:51 am

And one of the refs from tonight also reffed the Pearson Raymond game. So he just changed his mind then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball501

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:59 am

windex wrote:
"I don't want to take anything away from the Raymond coaches and players"

You are too stupid to realize that everything in your post takes everything away from Raymond and their coaches and players.

The teams that got robbed were O'Leary and Raymond. It was clear that the refs weren't letting anyone but ND win this thing

It is better to watch online..... Windex what a sore loser you sound. Reffing in Alberta is nowhere near where it is in East and US. To me reffing looked very questionable.....BTW I just watched bit of ND-O Leary and you are right on that. I spent more than half my life in East where is the real Basketball played. Competition and reffing in Alberta is to best B level compared to East. Sorry for telling you truth which may be bit hard for you to swallow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Provincials   Today at 6:37 am

Back to top Go down

4A Boys Provincials
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next