HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Junior rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
coachss1

PostSubject: Junior rankings   Mon May 17, 2010 4:08 am

What will the upcoming seasons Junior rankings look like
and what big name players will be playing at the senior levels
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:04 pm

coachss1 wrote:
What will the upcoming seasons Junior rankings look like
and what big name players will be playing at the senior levels

Enver creek, White rock christian from Surrey will be strong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kb24

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Pre Season Junior boys rankings

1) Van College
2) Kitslano
3) Oak Bay
4) St. Georges
5) Walnut Grove
6) McMath
7) Burnett
Cool White rock Christian
9) Enver Creek
10) Churchill
11) Pitt Meadows
12) KLO
13) SMUS
14) STM
15) Killarny

SMUS and Enver should be higher and White Rock too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey everyone

I coach Junior boys ball over at McMath and recently the bc high school boys website was taken off basketball bc for info now you must go to bcboysbasketball.com but as all the juniors will notice its a senior based website so this season i will be doing my own rankings either weekly or bi-weekly depending on how busy the schedule gets it will be posted on
my website wildcatbasketball.ca under Junior rankings be sure to check it out and if your squad beats any ranked teams just drop a quick line with your scores in the comment section

My Pre Season in depth rankings

1) Van College
Led by point guard Gogy Kumanan this team is both very big and very deep new transfer Milos Lazik provides solid back court help as well as the paint is controlled by provincial red player Bicky Sandhu and returning from a season long injury last season is Paul Lambizkis add in new transfer 6'6 forward from south delta and you have a deep and talented forward line up. Christian Mair coming off a strong summer with the provincial red squad adds to the back court fire power

Strengths: Size, chemistry

Weakness: Outside Shooting

2) Kitsilano

Last years Grade 9 Provincial champs are back to try and repeat. Unfortunately they must do it this season without the help of big men and grade 9 MVP Luka Zaharijevic. Without the big men controlling the middle this is a very guard oriented team. Led by Tom Campbell and Mark van Elk team still shows great chemistry and great outside shooting. Returning from a season long injury last year is Stefan Sojic who provides more depth and a steady shooting stroke to an already potent lineup.

Strengths: Shooting

Weakness: Size

3) Oak Bay

This years could be surprise team if oak bays big three decide to play Junior basketball this season they could be a force. Led by Athletic guard Matt Hampton who already possess a year of junior basketball under his belt could be this years breakout Junior. With help from smooth shooting Liam Horne and 6'7 big man Graham Pendergast this provincial red combo could help this team challenge for the provincial title come March.

Strengths: Athleticism

Weakness: Depth

4) Saints

Last seasons runner up are going to need to work very hard this upcoming season to build on last years success Provincial Blue point guard Deklan Chung is moving up to play on the senior squad and both wing guards from last year have transferred back to the states. This year squad will be led by ultra versatile guard Tylon Barker transfer from Pt Grey. Rumour is new transfer from France 6'3 guard will team up in the back court with Tylon and try to avenge last years loss in the finals

Strengths: Size

Weakness: Chemistry

5) McMath

Last seasons 5th place finishers burst onto the scene last season and are looking to improve on last years finish. Led by guards Andrew Mccaskill and Rajiv Dhaliwal look for the smooth shooting combo to put up some big numbers. The wildcats play a heavy schedule and will need to rely on their depth and there strong post play inside led by Matt Perry and Garth Anderson. You can follow the wildcats season and box scores on wildcatbasketball.ca all season long

Strengths: Defence, Chemistry

Weakness: Rebounding

6) Walnut Grove

This season for grove depends solely on who is playing senior and who is playing Junior. They have strong Junior players in big men Brad Hoffman and David Nickmans and with grade 9 stand out Jaydon Cohee moving up they could be a team to watch out for. If the Juniors move up onto the senior squad you could see walnut having a tough season with a group of underclassmen.

Strengths: Well coached, Shooting

Weakness: Depending on players teams depth could be an issue, Experience

7) Burnett

My sleeper team our cross town rivals are loaded at the guard spots. Led by guards Alban Shala and Brandon Beevis this kids can flat out run and gun all night long. With strong help from Justin Wong this team can beat anyone in the province on any given night. Team does lack the size to compete against some of the big boys but look for them to really fly this upcoming and make games really interesting.

Strengths: Shooting, Guard play

Weakness: Size, Rebounding

8 Churchill

Kitsilano's cross town rival are looking to explode on the scene this season Led by grade 9 Mindy Minhas and Big man Nathan Holz this team has some serious size and depth. Team has new transfer in Matt Warich and 3D basketball stand out shooting guard Sasha this could be the vancouver Squad that is representing Van come March

Strength: Size, Shooting

Weakness: Depth

9) WRCA

This Years valley challengers will have to go through White rock as well this team will be a very hard nose defensive team led by Post presence Peter Spanghel and forward Vartan Tanielian. There star player Tyus Allen is playing Senior ball this season as well as they lost level headed guard in Nathan to Lynden Christian Academy in the States. This could be a team on the rise but past the starting 5 the bench is a little thin.

Strength: Hard Working

Weakness: Guard Play

10) SMUS

This years squad also depends heavily on who is playing Junior or Senior team is loaded at the guard spot and could challenge Oak bay for the Island Championship if all the stars stay down. Going to be a very hard working defensive team with a great outside stroke with all there players they can roll about 9-10 deep having that kind of depth is a coaches dream look for them as an outside contender.

Strength Defence, Shooting

Weakness: Roster depending on who's playing, Rebounding

Last 5 in order

11) Enver Creek
12) Pitt Meadows
13) STM
14) Killarney
15) KLO

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bulldog10

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks coach on the nice detail breakdown on the JV teams. Is the big guy, Luka from Kits playing up at senior level? Does anyone know if the JV provincials will be held at St.Michaels again this season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:40 pm

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Karn

I think that it's great that you are doing your own Junior Rankings and getting some interest in Junior Basketball, but I just find it funny that you rank McMath 2 spots ahead of Burnett yet you have never beaten them.

Is your ranking valid? How many of these teams have you seen? Is it based from the Grade 9 BC's where teams like Burnett, Oak Bay, Walnut Grove, Van College and Pitt decided not to play after BCSS's ruling. You cant count the placing in last years Grade 9 BC's, it wasnt legit. Also Burnett lost to both Enver and Pitt in the past 3 years and yet they are honourble mentions in your rankings.

I know that you are proud of your team, but #5???? Just because you recruited a guy or two this summer doesnt necessarily mean that you guys should be #5.

Tyus Allen is also playing Senior not Junior.

It's your rankings and i'll give you credit for doing it, but if you are going to do it at least make it realistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:09 pm

d

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Burnett #7   Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Burnett lost Will Latu. They were counting on him being there big man! Will transfer over to VC this year!

Coach wrote:
Karn

I think that it's great that you are doing your own Junior Rankings and getting some interest in Junior Basketball, but I just find it funny that you rank McMath 2 spots ahead of Burnett yet you have never beaten them.

Is your ranking valid? How many of these teams have you seen? Is it based from the Grade 9 BC's where teams like Burnett, Oak Bay, Walnut Grove, Van College and Pitt decided not to play after BCSS's ruling. You cant count the placing in last years Grade 9 BC's, it wasnt legit. Also Burnett lost to both Enver and Pitt in the past 3 years and yet they are honourble mentions in your rankings.

I know that you are proud of your team, but #5???? Just because you recruited a guy or two this summer doesnt necessarily mean that you guys should be #5.

It's your rankings and i'll give you credit for doing it, but if you are going to do it at least make it realistic.
[left]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:45 pm

BB Fanatic

Will is in Grade 9 not Grade 10 and yes he transfered to VC, but from what I heard he would have not made the Burnett Jr. Team. He was good in grade 8 because he was taller than everyone else in Richmond, which is not that hard, but besides height he is not that skilled. He will struggle at VC. I heard that he got hurt playing for DRIVE and that his basketball career might be over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 pm

d

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kb24

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:10 am

Who are the top 10 players in junior next year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bc coach

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:59 am

Coach wrote:
Karn

when i say this i probably speak for everyone including yourself unless your a pitt or enver coach. neither of these two teams have proved themselfs to be in the top ten ranks so when they are listed as honourable mentions they shouldnt be mad.

but who am i to tell you your wrong it's your opinion and ill give you credit for that, but lets both be realistic here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:56 pm

kb24 wrote:
Who are the top 10 players in junior next year?

It is difficult to rank them. Junior field is not only with Gr10s but also with gr9s. And many gr10s are playing up senior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jblaq is jalouce

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:14 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here, i'm going to say that Van College will finish last in provincials. It could happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jblaq is jalouce

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here, i'm going to say that Van College will finish last in provincials. It could happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bulldog10

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Both VC and St. Georges would not make the JV provincials, only one can possibly be there. In the past fews years, the Independant champ only received 1/2 berth and had to play the 2nd place Van city placing for the other 1/2 berth. So if same as the past, only VC or St.G or neither (if the Indy champ loses to Van city #2) will be at provincials, no backdoor wildcard. I won't bet that VC or StG will finish last, usually northern or less populated berth areas get overwhelmed at the tourney. VC /StG usually come in with excellent team defense and team discipline as both have been either the champion or top 4 in the last 4 years of JV provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:31 am

Karn, I'd like to disagree with some of your ideas. If all of Enver's players are playing junior, they should be ranked a bit higher. Also, for Saints, Tylon probably won't lead their team that far as he is simply one player. Even if Deklan played, they still would not place in the top 5 as most of their offence last year came from the twins. Churchill is a very solid team and could definitely compete for a higher position. Otherwise, I believe your post is fairly accurate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:51 am

d

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotigers

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Karn

What is so special about Rajiv Dhaliwal that supported your decision to recruit him from Enver Creek?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:18 pm

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Karn,

when is your next ranking update going to come out? Let me rephrase, if you were to do it again, would it be the same ranking?

Last edited by JLivingston on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outlawpete

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:26 pm

He played on your club team and now he is playing for you on your high school team but you didn't recruit him? Sorry bro but that is very hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:41 pm

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotigers

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:44 am

"if i was really recruiting squad would be looking a lot more stacked then it is right now haha"

Karn

I don't believe that. Right now you are implying that if McMath Wildcats were a recruiting squad, you could recruit major players like Deklan, guys from VC or other great players to McMath? Really now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Today at 12:59 am

Back to top Go down

Junior rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next