HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Just wondering if there are any predictions for harbor station in February?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HooplifeFreddy

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:35 pm

hoopsfanNB wrote:
Just wondering if there are any predictions for harbor station in February?

AAA LHHS vs. Riverview in final. LHHS wins easy. LHHS has a legitimate chance to go undefeated this year with the recruiting their coach has done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:58 pm

AAA Boys LHHS win over FHS
AAA Girls Sussex win over FHS

AA Boys CNHS win over WHS (closer than people think)
AA Girls WHS win over Rothesay

A Boys Harvey win over McAdam
A Girls JCS win over Harvey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:40 pm

LHHS over Miramichi valley
WHS over CNHS (WHS is much deeper then CN with the grade 10s and Burry, the whole team has much improved over the summer)
Harvey over Mcadam (Harvey will dominate all A school and most AA schools)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DIKEMBEmutumbo

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:36 am

Ballforlife12345 wrote:
WHS over CNHS (WHS is much deeper then CN with the grade 10s and Burry, the whole team has much improved over the summer)

u r off ur rocker if u think WHS is better than CNHS.. CNHS returns 5/6 key members of a team that handled them last yr 5/6 games and a few by 30+. unless injury.. WHS has no chance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:48 am

WHS has no chance...I guess we shall see. Agreed CNHS has the upperhand, no chance??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:53 am

I'm not saying that WHS will win for sure, I'm just saying that they're much deeper, 1-12, CNHS brought no talent up while WHS got the best players for the AA champs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DIKEMBEmutumbo

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:54 am

Ballforlife12345 wrote:
I'm not saying that WHS will win for sure, I'm just saying that they're much deeper, 1-12, CNHS brought no talent up while WHS got the best players for the AA champs

i would argue silas is goin 2 b just as good if not better than his bro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:01 am

Tompkins controlled Silas with ease every game in JV last year, Silas will also do something stupid again this year and get suspended
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:22 pm

IF we are being honest lets remember that Woodstock has been in the top 2 teams in AA  . . . well  . . . lets call it a long while now.

For the last couple of years they've won or been right there at the end with teams made up with very small number of dominant players, but rather 1-2 very good players, a couple of good players and a strong core of kids who know their role, defend like crazy and but their bodies on the line.

Now you've got a Woodstock team that is going to be as deep with skilled and talent kids as any team they've had since the years they were AAA. Will they be young talent you bet. Will there be an adjustment to having so many skilled kids and so few role players. You bet.

But if they were top 2 with the talent they had vs the talent they currently have, and we routinely hear on the board about how much the coaching staff is able to get out of kids there . . . well I wouldn't be betting money I couldn't afford to lose on CNHS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DIKEMBEmutumbo

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:28 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
IF we are being honest lets remember that Woodstock has been in the top 2 teams in AA  . . . well  . . . lets call it a long while now.

For the last couple of years they've won or been right there at the end with teams made up with very small number of dominant players, but rather 1-2 very good players, a couple of good players and a strong core of kids who know their role, defend like crazy and but their bodies on the line.

Now you've got a Woodstock team that is going to be as deep with skilled and talent kids as any team they've had since the years they were AAA. Will they be young talent you bet. Will there be an adjustment to having so many skilled kids and so few role players. You bet.

But if they were top 2 with the talent they had vs the talent they currently have, and we routinely hear on the board about how much the coaching staff is able to get out of kids there . . . well I wouldn't be betting money I couldn't afford to lose on CNHS.

if im not mistaken CNHS has a good set of coaches who can get lots out of their kids as well..

actually i think Harvey is better than both of them.. too bad they didnt get ambitious like the Grand Manan teams of the past and make the jump to AA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:55 pm

I agree, Harvey will beat them on most occasions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:53 pm

The problem is single A is better than AA in most cases, so it would be pointless for Harvey to move up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:26 pm

baller24 wrote:
The problem is single A is better than AA in most cases, so it would be pointless for Harvey to move up.

This screams inflammatory statement, and the last thing I want to do is feed the trolls, but

Come on man . . .

There is not a world where JC getting a league with WHS, CNHS, and SV while not having to play teams like St. Mary's, Tobique Valley, Nackawic (lets call FCA, Hartland, Canterbury the 6 league games you are replacing though I would aruge not as good as the 6 AA games either) and instead schedule stronger exhibition opponents that being AA is not a better basketball level for those kids to play at.

Harvey could go AA and have league with St. Stephen, Fundy and ROthesay (which they could arguably win this year) but would still be better than having to play Sam De Champlain, SJDA, Grand Manan is in a down cycle, Camp hasn't been strong lately. McAdam will be solid again this year but they could still play McAdam and keep the rivalry alive.

Now I'm not saying these teams should play up. You play where you play and its on everyone else to get better. I actually think its better for leagues to have some of these teams there because it sets a higher bar for the other programs. What it does for particular groups or programs is a case by case issue.

BUT the idea that some of the teams you have to play in A being better basketball THAN playing in smaller AA leagues vs stronger teams and getting more quality exhibition games . . . slow your roll man. I'm not dismissing the other strong A programs you have to play but the bottom at least in the SW is much weaker and deeper with weakness in A than in AA. You would be able to play more quality games in league and have more room on their schedule for quality exhibition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:17 pm

baller24 wrote:

If A is better than AA, explain how WHS JV team played three of the top A teams this weekend and lost by 1, lost by 2 and won by 25??

Are you sure 'A is better than AA in most cases'?? I know Harvey is certainly extremely strong but "most cases" ????
I disagree !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McSeverus

PostSubject: NBIAA pre season predictions   Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:38 pm

I would't be so quick to place Rothesay in the Harbour Station final!

They will have stiff competition from the West, they beat SV by only

four points yesterday, and that was SV's first game action of the season.

Plus SV had a significant injury in the third quarter.Could have have been

a different outcome.

Should be a very exciting AA season for girls basketball this year.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:30 pm

DIKEMBEmutumbo wrote:
Ballforlife12345 wrote:

u r off ur rocker if u think WHS is better than CNHS.. CNHS returns 5/6 key members of a team that handled them last yr 5/6 games and a few by 30+. unless injury.. WHS has no chance

Did you see the results from Miramichi tournament?? Still feel WHS has no chance against CNHS? I think it is too close to call!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:32 pm

McSeverus wrote:
I would't be so quick to place Rothesay in the Harbour Station final!

They will have stiff competition from the West, they beat SV by only

four points yesterday, and that was SV's first game action of the season.

Plus SV had a significant injury in the third quarter.Could have have been

a different outcome.

Should be a very exciting AA season for girls basketball this year.

Agreed, could be very interesting in February.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Just gonna go out on a limb here and mention that Woodstock beat MVHS and controlled the game the entire time, leading by 20 at one point. MVHS made a run towards the end but Woodstock composer held on. Woodstock also beat Rothesay by 10. Come on people, you can't really argue that Woodstock has no chance...that's absurd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForceHimLeft

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:22 am

Leo Hayes has a boat loaf of talent, more than anyone could ask for but their team will fall short this year due to the Captain who is steering the ship.

I was able to watch a few of the games this past weekend and his idea of coaching is stomping up and down the side lines yelling at the referees with no clear direction given to his players and made no adjustments.

To give insight on my opinion on transferring by recruitment or a high school kids decision to play the highest level of basketball the province has to offer, I believe there was a combination of both. You cannot hold a kid at fault who has dreams of playing at the next level by seeking a higher level of competition to better their game. I do however believe they chose the wrong program to go to as they will receive next to no Coaching and no skill development unless they choose to work on their own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:47 am

Agreed, if these transfers wanted to get better to maybe have a chance to play at the next level they should have went to the other side of the river at FHS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach17

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:47 am

For all you people who think Woodstock is going to sweep AA boys basketball this season, let me remind you they almost blew a 20 point lead to a team no one thought would give them a scare (SV) last year. Had you been there to witness the game you would of realized that woodstock has no fight in them. Unlike teams such as Sv, Cn, Harvey(A) etc. Woodstock hit a lucky shot, and you would be stupid to think it was not a lucky shot, at the buzzer to put them into the finals. Don't count out these smaller schools that have shown in previous years to have that fight and drive. If you feel woodstock was a top 2 team last year, you dont understand basketball!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:38 pm

If Woodstock wasn't 2nd who was above them...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsfanNB

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Coach17 wrote:
For all you people who think Woodstock is going to sweep AA boys basketball this season, let me remind you they almost blew a 20 point lead to a team no one thought would give them a scare (SV) last year. Had you been there to witness the game you would of realized that woodstock has no fight in them. Unlike teams such as Sv, Cn, Harvey(A) etc. Woodstock hit a lucky shot, and you would be stupid to think it was not a lucky shot, at the buzzer to put them into the finals. Don't count out these smaller schools that have shown in previous years to have that fight and drive. If you feel woodstock was a top 2 team last year, you dont understand basketball!

Wow, Coach 17, you sound a little bitter. Are you a coach or 17, hard to tell from your post. I guess we will just have to wait and see who makes it to Harbour Station for AA boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017   

Back to top Go down

NBIAA pre-season predictions 2016-2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1