HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Junior rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Klas.7

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:55 pm

elite wrote:
offensive rebounder wrote:
Kits only lost to whiterock by 5 and they only had 2 practices and no plays what so ever, while whitrock had an abundance of plays. the guy that caused trouble for kits was sam ykema i think. In terms of kids playing up i think it's stupid I was watching Luka play senior and he couldn't keep up while he could've dominated at junior.
Offensive rebounder Are you an idoit? Kits has been playing all summer including the kitsfest tourny. And what makes you think kits is going to win? is justin and andrew the teams best gaurds ( wich isnt saying much) realy going to lead a team of rookie choke artists?

First of all, that's straight rude. Secondly, Vibhor Mathur is debatably their best guard, and a decent shooter, if not anything more. I'm not sure where you left your maturity, but it's simply not appropriate to insult any team like this, especially one that has 3 Drive Elite players, Stefan Sokic coming back from injury, and actual depth on their team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:52 pm

Klas.7 wrote:
First of all, that's straight rude. Secondly, Vibhor Mathur is debatably their best guard, and a decent shooter, if not anything more. I'm not sure where you left your maturity, but it's simply not appropriate to insult any team like this, especially one that has 3 Drive Elite players, Stefan Sokic coming back from injury, and actual depth on their team.

That was an older post that you referred to. I think we’re all a lot more mature now. Some senior boys didn’t like how we juniors talk. Some threatened to leave; others wanted to cancel their accounts if we didn’t change. But it’s all good, we’re all mature now. We’re here to do the right things.

Let’s talk basketball! You seem to know a fair bit about some of the teams and players. Just curious, who are the three posts and one point guard that left saints? What do you know about the current Saints coach in comparison to last year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:58 pm

jliv why did u put burnaby sounth so high where did they come from?
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 pm

offensive rebounder wrote:
jliv why did u put burnaby sounth so high where did they come from?

Hypothesis behind my ranking is twofold a) potential 2) How did they do in the last year.

BBY south did pretty good in the last year grade 8 provincials where they came second and lost by less than 5 pts(if Im right). They have a good coaching staff and they get the best out of the kids always. Last week, they played McMath and led them by 5 pts at half although eventually lost by more than 20. They got talents for sure.

James Livingston.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:39 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Many teams have already started playing each other. The rankings would be like this when the official rankings come out:

1. VC (Joint top seed)
1. McMath (Joint top seed)
3. St Micheals
4. WRCA
5. Churchil
6. Mouat
7. Pitt
8. Burnett
9. BBY south
10.Lord Tweed

HM: 1. Kits 2. Enver 3. Walnut 4. Saints 5. Oakbay

This is just my opinion and only for the fun sake

Well....good to have opinions...not a bad ranking...I think Kits is too low...I don't see them losing to anyone outside the top 5 even without the big guy. SMU is a solid team, but maybe not 3...but maybe they are...looks pretty weak this year apart from VC. From all the bashing against them in this forum this year they are clear favourites. Teams like Churchill and SMU will get throttled by the pure size of the VC front line. SMU lost to VC by about 30 last year as did Oak Bay by over 20 with Matt and Liam playing...VC by a landslide this year since Luka is not playing. Yes McMath and Churchill are solid but very overrated and undersized. McMath is not in the same league as VC, but will have a chance to beat Burnett this year to win Richmonds. Saints should not be in the top 15. Lost all significant players and picked up Point Grey's top player...hmmmm....don't recall Point Grey being very successful with Tylon on their team....in fact they didn't even make the playoffs with him...has he improved that significantly? Anyways to me looks pretty wide open apart from VC. Not sure about the Valley teams so I won't comment but have heard it is a weak year for the Valley (poor showing at gr 9 provincials last year) despite WRCA's preseason club win over Kits...it's early....

I'm predicting Churchill splits with Kits in league play and loses a close one in the city final and then loses by 14 or so to VC for the provincial berth. Churchill has no depth and foul trouble trying to fight the VC bigs will spell the end of them...they are nothing without the gr 9 wonder. Kits gets into the final 4 in provincials and VC takes it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:52 pm

[quote="cj35]
I'm predicting Churchill splits with Kits in league play and loses a close one in the city final and then loses by 14 or so to VC for the provincial berth. Churchill has no depth and foul trouble trying to fight the VC bigs will spell the end of them...they are nothing without the gr 9 wonder. Kits gets into the final 4 in provincials and VC takes it.[/quote]

I agree with you that city is going to between VC, Kits and Churchil. Saints wont be a no-show this year for sure. Richmond will be between McMath and burnett. SMU will be a decent team and another factor that goes in their favor is they got the home court advantage at provincials. Valley is wide open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachx

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:57 pm

Junior Rankings 2010

1. Vancouver College
2. Mouat
3. Churchill
4. Burnett
5. Mcmath
6. Kits
7. SMUS
8. WRCA
9. Pitt
10. Enver
11. Saints
12. Palmer
13. Walnut
14. Oakbay
15. Burnaby South

Any thoughts? teams, players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am

Last edited by offensive rebounder on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 am

Alot of this will be settled at the first big tourney I'm aware of in December at Oak Bay

Lord Byng vs SMU
Lambrick vs VC

McMath vs Mount Doug
Oak Bay vs Belmont

We'll see how McMath matches up with VC in the final and if they're really a contender.

Lord Byng played a close one with SMU last year in the same tourney and beat Oak Bay. All three of them got demolished by VC though...not even close.... But a year makes big difference....so does losing two provincial players off your team....we'll see how Oak Bay survives....

JLiv good point....I overlooked SMU having home court...it has come in handy for them in the past...plus Mark Yorath is a solid guard. They're just small....good match up with Churchill or Kits....but had severe difficulties against VC last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:41 am

cj35 wrote:

JLiv good point....I overlooked SMU having home court...it has come in handy for them in the past...plus Mark Yorath is a solid guard. They're just small....good match up with Churchill or Kits....but had severe difficulties against VC last year.

cj35, VC last year was kind of dream team with 3 or 4 transfers and abu khan at the post simply too much for all teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Saints   Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 am

Great analysis guys!

I know Saints shouldn’t be mentioned this year but somehow at the back of my mind it’s just hard to believe they’ll go away quietly. If you were at the provincial last year you’ll see that they rotated their players a lot. They didn’t always play the same 5 guys as Kits did. That showed their depth. The only key player they’ve lost is Deklan. Of the two twins, one of them was the bench player anyway, the other was good offensively but poor defensively. Tylon is a much better choice over him as he is lanky and versatile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 am

Deklan is a pretty big loss. And yes...I get your point...Saints are a well coached and organized program...of course they'll be decent. Unfortunately they have to beat VC...not gonna happen...fortunately they get to pluck players from around the province to be on their team...there's the good and the bad in the independent league....not sure which one's good though....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kb24

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:34 am

Only mat hampton is playing senior for oak bay and also smus is probably top 5 in the prov cuz of their very deep team and defense. Like last year when they beat Pitt in junior provincials
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:41 am

Hey guys

Just wanted to let u guys know i will only be using this to post results and upcoming games for just my teams if you have any other questions just message i feel like i have upset a few people unintentionally and i meant no harm in any of this and i wish everyone good luck this upcoming season

McMaths first game will be vs VC on tuesday at VC

good luck to everyone else this year keep working hard everyone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 am

It would be nice if others followed Karns lead and posted game and tournament results....best of luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:00 pm

cj35 wrote:
BC Junior Boys Basketball provincials at SMUS, Victoria on Mar 4-6 2011
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Why is wj moaut ranked so high?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:51 pm

I not sure Moaut can live up to a number two ranking! Two of their starting five are grade nines. I do not care care how talented they are inexperience will be their down fall. They should be in top ten but not number two ranked!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valleyball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:47 pm

There should be alot of close games and parody in the fraser valley this year.

The top teams will probably be

WRCA
Walnut Grove
Mouat
Enver Creek
Pitt Meadows
Lord Tweedsmuir
Panorama Ridge

Should be a battle for the 3 or 4 provincial slots
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:10 am

burnaby south beat kits by 14 today at kits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Burnaby South   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:33 am

Who are the key players at Burnaby South?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballerrr

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:06 am

Coachx why would you put palmer in the top 15 ? Without Jamie they're nothing. He got them about 75% of there scoring and was the main reason why they got to provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachx

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:12 am

I dont know how they will do this year but i think they are better then some teams even though they lost their star player. They came third last year and even with the big problem about ending the Provincials early, they wouldve came top five because of winning the first two rounds. I am not sure who they still have but they deserve to be in top 15
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: The Province's Big 10 JV boys basketball rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:15 pm

The Province's Big 10 JV Boys Basketball Rankings:
http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/high_school_hamper/default.aspx
1. Vancouver College

2. Kitsilano

3. Walnut Grove

4. SMUS

5. Pitt Meadows

6. St. Georges

7. White Rock Christian

8. Yale

9. Enver Creek

10. WJ Mouat

11. Lambrick Park

12. Charles Best

13. Duchess Park

14. KLO

15. LV Rogers

HM. Brentwood, Pinetree, McMath, JN Burnett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:20 pm

Wow! Kits #2. Where the heck is churchill?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:25 pm

I think he (or his asst) did not enough homework to research and also didnt bother to find out who is playing up..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Today at 6:39 am

Back to top Go down

Junior rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next