HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Junior rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
coachx

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Pinetree, Lambrick Park, Charles Best, Duchess Park, LV Rogers, Brentwood over Burnett, Palmer and Mcmath?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:43 pm

well done rankings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:44 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:
well done rankings

take it easy, Karn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:49 pm

haha nono i dont mean that in disrespect at all those are his opinions and im glad someone else has taken the time to do it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:53 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:
haha nono i dont mean that in disrespect at all those are his opinions and im glad someone else has taken the time to do it

hahaha..I know you wont be critical of Howie and dont want to drag you to comment. But peace out man, in my ranking I got your team in the top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:57 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:

Yeah but you can't be too happy with a HM for McMath. I'm pretty sure you feel that McMath should be higher than some of the teams. Which teams do you feel that McMath is absolutely better than?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:04 pm

honestly i have no idea i havent seen some of these teams howies a well respected guy he knows alot about high school ball he probly knows something i dont and will use it to help me with my rankings everyones gotta remember the rankings in november dont help you come march but they are quite a bit different then my rankings so its good that i kno these other teams are going to be tough as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BC

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:04 pm

I beleive McMath as well as Burnett are clearly better than all teams listed except for VC and possibly though I havent seen them play churchill .
Back to top Go down
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:07 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:
Hey guys

Just wanted to let u guys know i will only be using this to post results and upcoming games for just my teams if you have any other questions just message i feel like i have upset a few people unintentionally and i meant no harm in any of this and i wish everyone good luck this upcoming season

McMaths first game will be vs VC on tuesday at VC

good luck to everyone else this year keep working hard everyone

Don't let some people being upset keep you from stating your opinions or making rankings. What you have done for Junior Basketball in BC is amazing and a few people complaining about the websites your rankings are on should not keep you from continueing to do what you're doing. I personally rather hear your opinion on what the top teams are as I know you are dedicated and have gone to many games to see how good all the teams are. I also think you're a great coach and you should keep doing what you're doing. Good luck to you and your team and keep the rankings coming!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:10 pm

I think the following teams are way overrated by Howie:
Walnut, Kits, Pitt, St George, Yale, Enver creek, Charles best
The following teams were not given recognition:
Mcmath, Burnett, BBY South, Churchil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islander

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:13 pm

How is Kits ranked ? If what everyones saying is true and they lost to Burnaby south by 15 and mcmath beat them by 30 these rankings do not seem to add up ? Also yes burnett beat kits by 20 last season in an ex game without luka so you can see there a very differant team . Mout is better then grove on paper but id like too see the two play in real life . My rankings are as follows :

1.) No team is good enough to call themselves number one its too close
2.)VC
3.)SMUS
4.)McMath
5.)Burnett
6.)Saints
7.)WRCA
8.)Walnut Grove
9.)Mout
10.)BBY south
Back to top Go down
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:13 pm

JLivingston wrote:
The Province's Big 10 JV Boys Basketball Rankings:
http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/high_school_hamper/default.aspx
1. Vancouver College

2. Kitsilano

3. Walnut Grove

4. SMUS

5. Pitt Meadows

6. St. Georges

7. White Rock Christian

8. Yale

9. Enver Creek

10. WJ Mouat

11. Lambrick Park

12. Charles Best

13. Duchess Park

14. KLO

15. LV Rogers

HM. Brentwood, Pinetree, McMath, JN Burnett

Kits and Walnut are too high, Mouat should be higher (don't they have a near 7 footer to go along with Tristan and Corey?) and so should McMath and JN Burnett, these are top ten teams not HM. Overall I think these are poorly done rankings with little consideration or knowledge of the abilities of all the teams in the province. Who does SMU or any of the schools between 11-15 have? And the fact that Churchill isn't even mentioned is amazing, very bad rankings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:14 pm

thanks alot bballer very nice of you an i will keep the rankings coming and will continue to give my opinions on the things i see
anyone know anything about yale i hadnt seen n or heard from any of their players but yales got such a great program they build from within so i wouldnt be surprised if they had a good team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Islander wrote:
How is Kits ranked ? If what everyones saying is true and they lost to Burnaby south by 15 and mcmath beat them by 30 these rankings do not seem to add up ? Also yes burnett beat kits by 20 last season in an ex game without luka so you can see there a very differant team . Mout is better then grove on paper but id like too see the two play in real life . My rankings are as follows :

1.) No team is good enough to call themselves number one its too close
2.)VC
3.)SMUS
4.)McMath
5.)Burnett
6.)Saints
7.)WRCA
8.)Walnut Grove
9.)Mout
10.)BBY south

South lost to McMath by about the same as they beat Kits, roughly 15 points. This is a team that looks like it has had a couple practices and no plays, they should also be atleast HM. I don't know how Kits or South would place against other teams so we'll have to wait and see, but I would like to hear what Karn things of the teams as I know his team has played South and probably saw Kits play. Once again I would like to know who SMUS has, not that I don't think they are deserving of their ranking, I'm just not too familiar with the island teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islander

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Karn I much appreciate your rankings and efforts . Please I do ask you too keep your opinions open about the island teams I know you dont see them too often but beleive me Oak Bay , SMUS , Nanimo , can all play at high levels . On another note Karn I know im not the only one thinking this but man after someone criticizes you theres no need to immediately go haha or lol to try to joke around and seem layed back . It just doesnt sound professional . Everyone has an opinion here you dont have to be overly kind to avoid stepping on toes here just a little respect is all thats nesecarry .
Back to top Go down
Islander

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:23 pm

SMUS has : Mark Yorath , Trenton Young . Two outstanding guards worthy of provincial team status . An inside presence in Kendall Woods and four or five athletic and fundamentally strong role players with a terrificly coached program .
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:24 pm

BBaller wrote:

South lost to McMath by about the same as they beat Kits, roughly 15 points. This is a team that looks like it has had a couple practices and no plays, they should also be atleast HM. I don't know how Kits or South would place against other teams so we'll have to wait and see, but I would like to hear what Karn things of the teams as I know his team has played South and probably saw Kits play. Once again I would like to know who SMUS has, not that I don't think they are deserving of their ranking, I'm just not too familiar with the island teams.

Guys, dont write off south and kits just because they lost to McMath. Both schools got good program in place and lot of skills. It is matter of time before they start to jell and win. Championships are won in the postseason and not in the pre-season. BTW, I wonder who walnut and yale got to go that higher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Islander wrote:
SMUS has : Mark Yorath , Trenton Young . Two outstanding guards worthy of provincial team status . An inside presence in Kendall Woods and four or five athletic and fundamentally strong role players with a terrificly coached program .

Alright thanks for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BC

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:27 pm

1.)McMath / VC
2.)Burnett
3.)Churchill
4.)WRCA
5.)KLO
Back to top Go down
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 pm

South got a good mix of grade 9's jaycee pineda hes a good quick guard and they pretty good inside they will surprise lots of people and islander i respect the island teams why im bringing my squad to the island to play them t the oak bay tournament and sometimes its very important to be careful to make sure the point gets across by explaining that im not being disrespectful because others are quick to quote it to the higherups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BC

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:47 pm

mark yorath backed up seb marshall on provincial red , Nuff said .....
Back to top Go down
Mr.c

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Last edited by Mr.c on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.c

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Last edited by Mr.c on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Fan

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:57 pm

I see the rankings as this:

1.)VC
2.)Moute
3.)WRCA
4.)McMath
5.)Burnett
6.)SMUS
7.)Churchill
8.)Walnut Grove
9.)Kits
10.)Saints
Back to top Go down
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:37 pm

Mr.c wrote:
BC wrote:
mark yorath backed up seb marshall on provincial red , Nuff said .....
What does that mean?

Mark Yorath was on the BC U15 Provincial Red team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Today at 7:34 am

Back to top Go down

Junior rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next