HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Junior rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:26 am

Karn

What is so special about Rajiv Dhaliwal that supported your decision to recruit him from Enver Creek?

My sons teams have played McMath and there club affiliate many times and I beleive there ranking is fair . I beleive they are a differant team with the shooter Rajiv because teams can no longer afford to simply focus there entire defensive efforts on the long haired point guard #11 whos name I dont know but was definately a force to be reckoned with in our games this past summer . Now when we tried to box one him Rajiv burned us for numerous threes . But Karn I must ask how long are you planning on relying on #11's magic and Rajivs 3 point game when the post season arrives ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:22 am

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Karn knows what he's talking about!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:21 pm

I believe Karn's ranking does have some merit. As a coach for the Wildcats and competing in the various clubs/AAU tournaments during the summer, he has seen most of the kids and know how they could contribute to their school teams. Like he said, it is a preseason ranking and all could change when the season starts. Missing Mouat in the ranking is not hard as two of their key players are still in Grade 9; whether they play up still remained to be seen. In his defense, I doubt that he recruited Rajiv Daliwal because there's no reason to believe that any players would be attracted to McMath for their basketball program. Not to sound disrespectful, but the school is just not a basketball powerhouse. Kisilano, VC, WRCA, Saints, yes; MaMath, I doubt it! Nevertheless, Rajiv is a good addition for the wildcats because he's such a great 3-pts shooter; you left him alone and he'll make you pay! By the way, the rumor of the French player to Saints is not true. Thus far, no one has seen him yet! But with Saints it's not about individual players, it's the system that makes them competitive. They're well coached and rely heavily on choking their opponents with defense.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:56 am

karn, are you aware of any website that provides all junior/senior tourneys results?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:51 pm

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Karn - Rajiv is a decent player, not a bad shooter but does not take it to the hoop at all. I think he is smaller if I remember him. Not quick and not sure if he can play D.

I do think Mouat will have a good squad and will be a sleeper. the question will be how well can the Gr. 9's handle playin up. MEI would be good , but there best player is playing senior, so the Valley is wide open. I think WRCA has been understated in Jr rankings. We watched them play this summer at a couple of tournaments under the club team and they have some kids who can play. They will be big as I think they have 2 or 3 guys 6'4" or bigger. This school never has players on the provincial radar or who's who list, but they always build competitive teams. And, keep an eye on Pitt , as always

I predict Van College / Kits final in Junior Provincials. Both teams have depth and will be fun to watch.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bc coach

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Last edited by bc coach on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:27 pm

I watched Rajiv for a few years now and I would like to give you my two bits worth. He is a good shooter who can hurt you if you are not aware of his shooting prowess! He is not very big in stature and that would explain why he does not attack the hoop. He plays defense but has no physical attributes therefore opponents can take advantage of this if the match suggests so. He is definitely worth having on any junior team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:41 pm

bball guy wrote:
Karn - Rajiv is a decent player, not a bad shooter but does not take it to the hoop at all. I think he is smaller if I remember him. Not quick and not sure if he can play D.

McMath's offence revolves litle around rajivs ability to take the ball too the rim or play defance as theyve surrounded him with defenders and one superstar point guard who finds him for shots .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:13 pm

McMath vs Churchill provincial finals . Burnett places 3rd . VC saints hugeee dissapointments as well as Kits . Until Pitt medows gets a real coach for there junior team or Gulay takes control they will not do anything . As well they have an awful point guard in sebastien marshall and the most overrated player in BC in jordan rich .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:17 pm

3Dbball wrote:
McMath vs Churchill provincial finals . Burnett places 3rd . VC saints hugeee dissapointments as well as Kits . Until Pitt medows gets a real coach for there junior team or Gulay takes control they will not do anything . As well they have an awful point guard in sebastien marshall and the most overrated player in BC in jordan rich .

I agree to the part about Pitt, thought I don't think Jordan is that overrated. I say VC will face Oak Bay in the finals. Do you really think McMath or Chruchill can compete against VC?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Last year, Kits grade 9 team basically revolved around their MVP big man in terms of rebounding and scoring. It’ll be a big challenge for the junior team this year without the present of a post. VC definitely has an advantage given that they’re a more complete team with good size posts and speedy guards. Even Saints still have their 6’5 post from last year and a new 6’4 forward/guard. Can Kits be a factor with just guards? With regards to WRCA, quite a number of their players played for Bellingham Hoopster across the border this summer. That’s why you don’t see many of them in One Pass Ahead. Churchill could be a challenge for Kits this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:37 pm

VC has lost starter connor noble to baseball commitments and pissibly liam mahara . They have an inexpirianced coach and very little offensive talent surrounding there star player gogy . I beleive VC saints and Kits all have had major losses this past offseason and the only teams that actually got stronger substaintially are mcmath and churchill each with huge additions . Jordn Rich may not be ovvrated skill wise because he has every talent you need to be a sucessful post presence . But weather its there horrfic point guard or there dimwitted coach he seems to really not give a damn . He takes plays off and is constantly putting down his teammates . Get him to Gulay and a half decent PG and he could be a star .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elite

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:59 pm

3Dbball wrote:

Im not sure as to who is pitts coach all i know is that Mr. Gulay coaches senoir but as to sebastion marshal he is deffinantly not Provincial material, and i dont know how on earth he made the team, i mean what does he have? The only thing i canthink of is if his coach bribed basketball bc he is a part of basketball bc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:07 pm

3Dbball wrote:
VC has lost starter connor noble to baseball commitments and pissibly liam mahara . They have an inexpirianced coach and very little offensive talent surrounding there star player gogy . I beleive VC saints and Kits all have had major losses this past offseason and the only teams that actually got stronger substaintially are mcmath and churchill each with huge additions . Jordn Rich may not be ovvrated skill wise because he has every talent you need to be a sucessful post presence . But weather its there horrfic point guard or there dimwitted coach he seems to really not give a damn . He takes plays off and is constantly putting down his teammates . Get him to Gulay and a half decent PG and he could be a star .

I hear Liam is playing this year. With the addition of Paul (injured last year) and Milos I think this is the best team in the province. They have fantastic guards who can handle the ball, shoot and make plays. They have massive forwards and a deep bench. Their coach may be inexperianced but that doesn't mean she isn't good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 pm

VC is definitely the team to beat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:29 am

Milos is a key addition ? maybe in the turnover department .. VC has one above average player and a bunch of bruisers they will not even be the favourite coming out of vancouver as saints kits and churchill are all superior and thats not saying much .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:59 am

3Dbball wrote:
Milos is a key addition ? maybe in the turnover department .. VC has one above average player and a bunch of bruisers they will not even be the favourite coming out of vancouver as saints kits and churchill are all superior and thats not saying much .

VC may not be perfect in all postitions but others got even more holes in many positions. So VC is better not in terms of strength but in terms of relative weakness. I wud say there is no top seed at the moment and top 5 seeds are up for grabs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:15 pm

3Dbball wrote:

VC will probably be the best defensive teams this year, that's how they'll beat teams this year. They are well coached, hard working and talented.

When have you seen Milos play? He can get to the hoop almost at will and he has good court vision. He's developed a good jump shot to add to his quick and deadly handles. He's a hard kid to guard. His defense is killer. Don't just overlook him because he commits no turnovers. He might not be the best player and he might not always make the best choices on the court, but he plays hard at both ends of the court and I think he is a great addition to this strong VC squad.

I think the Saints could beat VC, but that's only a guess I don't know who's on their roster. Kits's loss of Luka has left a gaping hole in their center position. They are a small team, therefore VC has a huge addvantage over them. Churchill was a good team last year, but I'm not familiar with who's playing for them. I think Oak Bay is top 3 along with the Saints and VC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:03 pm

For the Vancouver side it basically comes down to Kits and Churchill. In any other years I would say Kits is a better team except for this year. I think Churchill can pull it off to become Vancouver #1 this year. With Mindy and Nathan at the post, Sasha (who I think has taken his game to the next level over the summer) and Matt (the new transfer) on the outside, this team is a serious contender. The only question mark is their point guard. Kits on the other hand would have to dig deep in search of a post. It’s looking more like Tom will be the one. Of all the guards that they have, he might be the strongest physically. So you have Andrew at the point, Stefan (did not play last year), Cole and Mark on the outside, and Tom on the inside. However, the four guards and one post could easily become five guards if the reluctant post sneaked out. Who will take care of the board?

On the Independent side, you have VC and Saints. These two teams have played each other since grade six that there are hardly any surprises between them. I’ll say it is 50/50 depending on who has a better day. So you’ll have Independent #1 against Vancouver #2 to clinch that second berth to the provincial and I think Independent #1 will prevail in this case simply because either Saints or VC is stronger defensively and they both have deeper bench.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kb24

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:50 am

Mat Hampton is playing senior. And VC is always good, they have Gogy and Chris Mair and don't forget Bicky Sandhu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:19 pm

what teams has the best starting 5 ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Starting Five   Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:49 pm

I think VC still has the best starting five: Gogy, Chris, Gio, Paul, Bicky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotigers

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Giovanni Trasolini? He transferred to VC too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:44 pm

If my information serves me correctly, Giovanni did transfer to VC. VC has the most stacked basketball teams than any one else. The chemistry might not be there in Junior but it will be by Varsity; that's the optimal goal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Today at 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Junior rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next