HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Junior rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:
If my information serves me correctly, Giovanni did transfer to VC. VC has the most stacked basketball teams than any one else. The chemistry might not be there in Junior but it will be by Varsity; that's the optimal goal.

Gio is still going to school at STMC, I don't know where you got that information but it is false.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitsballer

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:43 pm

What are your opinions on these teams this year:

Burnett
Walnut Grove
Oak Bay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:54 pm

BBaller wrote:
Lefon Jang wrote:
If my information serves me correctly, Giovanni did transfer to VC. VC has the most stacked basketball teams than any one else. The chemistry might not be there in Junior but it will be by Varsity; that's the optimal goal.

Gio is still going to school at STMC, I don't know where you got that information but it is false.

My mistake on Gio. There were talks in the summer on who's going where, someone mentioned it and it just stuck in my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kb24

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Umm well Mat Hampton is playing senior for Oak Bay so they wont be good, and Burnett will be good because of Alban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:40 pm

I would say either.

VC with Gogy Kumanan, Chris Mair, Bicky Sandhu. Paul however has suffered an ankle injury and hasn't played competitive basketball for a while, so he definitely won't be a starter.

If Kitsilano had Luka Zharievic, they would have an extremely solid starting lineup

Churchill with Mindy Minhas, Nathan Holz, Sasha Kosmajac, Marco Wan and Matt Waraich.

I think its going to be VC with Churchill in the finals, with VC coming out on top.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:10 pm

everyone needs to stop riding VCs jock . Look gogy is a great player but chris mair honestly cannot play basketball to save his life and will never be half as great as his brother . Bicky is decent at best . When paul was healthy he was the furthest thing from being a dominate post player . Connor noble there second best player last year is no longer playing basketball . Liam who is a physical football style player probably hasnt spent more then five minutes this entire offseason working on his game and I seriously doubt he will be doing much this season other then commiting technical fouls and grabbing rebounds . Elijah is unexpirianced and will not be a threat at the grade ten level . Anyone who thinks Milos will do anything but increase VCs turnovers knows nothing about basketball . Ive watched many times and you simply CANNOT run an offence with him on the floor. Other then those few players not a single other payer stands out to me as anyone I would want to coach on my team . Finally they have a rookie coach who will be an adventure in key moments and lack any bench depth to be considered as a serious contender this year . VC guys get over yourselves and spend some time in the gym instead of o hooplife talking about how good you are .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kb24

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Does anyone know if Trevor and Cam on Terry Fox are playing senior?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:04 am

3Dbball wrote:
everyone needs to stop riding VCs jock . Look gogy is a great player but chris mair honestly cannot play basketball to save his life and will never be half as great as his brother . Bicky is decent at best . When paul was healthy he was the furthest thing from being a dominate post player . Connor noble there second best player last year is no longer playing basketball . Liam who is a physical football style player probably hasnt spent more then five minutes this entire offseason working on his game and I seriously doubt he will be doing much this season other then commiting technical fouls and grabbing rebounds . Elijah is unexpirianced and will not be a threat at the grade ten level . Anyone who thinks Milos will do anything but increase VCs turnovers knows nothing about basketball . Ive watched many times and you simply CANNOT run an offence with him on the floor. Other then those few players not a single other payer stands out to me as anyone I would want to coach on my team . Finally they have a rookie coach who will be an adventure in key moments and lack any bench depth to be considered as a serious contender this year . VC guys get over yourselves and spend some time in the gym instead of o hooplife talking about how good you are .
Can you think of another team to replace VC in my choices?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kb24fan

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:46 am

3Dbball wrote:

I find it pretty funny that you have something bad to say about VC all the time even though they consistently rank among the top teams in the province. Never mind last year where they were forced to withdraw from the provincial because of the BCHSS ruling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Okay, so the words are out. VC is toast; they’re just bunch of duds who couldn’t play to save their lives. Let’s move on. My next team is Enver Creek. This team was grade-eight champion but was lost in the shuffle last year because Enver didn’t have a grade nine team. Hence not much has been mentioned. But they’re back! If none of these guys play-up, then at the point, you have Gurkirat Kular, arguably the best ball handler in Junior this year. At guard you have Nicholas Jhaj, a 6’2 who is capable of playing the point, can also take the ball inside as well as shoot from the outside. Next you have Aaron Nand, a strong power forward and deadly in the paint. Let’s not forget David Ahmad, this guy is a powerful presence who can also handle the ball. Everyone had such a hard time playing against him when he was in grade eight. Last but not least, you have big man Justin Bhangoo; a 6’5 who undoubtedly can do damage in the paint offensively and defensively. If these five guys are in place, I like their chances of going all the way to the final. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them play up. Please keep me informed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:
Okay, so the words are out. VC is toast; they’re just bunch of duds who couldn’t play to save their lives. Let’s move on. My next team is Enver Creek. This team was grade-eight champion but was lost in the shuffle last year because Enver didn’t have a grade nine team. Hence not much has been mentioned. But they’re back! If none of these guys play-up, then at the point, you have Gurkirat Kular, arguably the best ball handler in Junior this year. At guard you have Nicholas Jhaj, a 6’2 who is capable of playing the point, can also take the ball inside as well as shoot from the outside. Next you have Aaron Nand, a strong power forward and deadly in the paint. Let’s not forget David Ahmad, this guy is a powerful presence who can also handle the ball. Everyone had such a hard time playing against him when he was in grade eight. Last but not least, you have big man Justin Bhangoo; a 6’5 who undoubtedly can do damage in the paint offensively and defensively. If these five guys are in place, I like their chances of going all the way to the final. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them play up. Please keep me informed!
As previously stated, most of Enver Creek's 10's are playing up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:

Justin Bhangoo is a year older than the rest of the team (grade 11, late birthday) and is unable to play junior, according to my knowledge. The rest of the starters seem good, I'm sure David Ahmad can handle most of the better post players on defense. I wouldn't say Gurkirat has the best handles, but he's up there. His problem is he can be a ball hog at times and force stupid shots. I have seen Nick and David take poor shots as well, though not as frequantly. All in all, I think this will be a strong team if they have all their boys playing junior. This is a top 10 team for sure, if not top 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:58 pm

BBaller wrote:
Lefon Jang wrote:

Justin Bhangoo is a year older than the rest of the team (grade 11, late birthday) and is unable to play junior, according to my knowledge. The rest of the starters seem good, I'm sure David Ahmad can handle most of the better post players on defense. I wouldn't say Gurkirat has the best handles, but he's up there. His problem is he can be a ball hog at times and force stupid shots. I have seen Nick and David take poor shots as well, though not as frequantly. All in all, I think this will be a strong team if they have all their boys playing junior. This is a top 10 team for sure, if not top 5.

Gurkirat and Aaron is playing up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 pm

JLivingston wrote:
BBaller wrote:
Lefon Jang wrote:

Gurkirat and Aaron is playing up.

That's what I heard but everyone seems to be changing what grade they want to play on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:21 pm

BBaller wrote:

That's what I heard but everyone seems to be changing what grade they want to play on a daily basis.

There are too much noises about kits, vc and churchil in this forum but not much on valley teams. First time something about enver. What about WRCA, Tamanawis, Pitt, Charles best, Walnut and Mouat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 pm

JLivingston wrote:
BBaller wrote:

There are too much noises about kits, vc and churchil in this forum but not much on valley teams. First time something about enver. What about WRCA, Tamanawis, Pitt, Charles best, Walnut and Mouat?

I agree completely. Those are all good teams that deserve attention, but they aren't the only ones being left out. People want to talk about the top teams and until these other schools can prove that they can compete I don't think anybody wants to talk about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:29 pm

BBaller wrote:
JLivingston wrote:
BBaller wrote:

I agree completely. Those are all good teams that deserve attention, but they aren't the only ones being left out. People want to talk about the top teams and until these other schools can prove that they can compete I don't think anybody wants to talk about them.

Schools like Pitt, whiterock, enver, walnut and mouat silently goes about its business without hype and Come provincials, they might spring surprises.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotigers

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:58 am

Karn,

Knowing that the twins from saints are now gone, along with Deklan do you seriously think they are 4th place material? Those 3 players were really the only strong offence provided. I know they have new transfers, but in your opinion can they fill the offensive void?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:30 am

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facts

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:02 am

any thoughts about palmer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 am

dont know how palmer will look this season without jamie they got good guards in jimmy and Karn if they can fill the void jamie leaves they can deff contend in richmond thats a group that works very hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facts

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:20 am

Not a provincial contender?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:32 am

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Kits club team (Jr) loses to White Rock by 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:24 pm

bball guy wrote:
Kits club team (Jr) loses to White Rock by 8.
Wasn't it 5 or 6?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Today at 6:40 am

Back to top Go down

Junior rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next