HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Junior rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
elite

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:47 am

bball guy wrote:
Kits club team (Jr) loses to White Rock by 8.

Last edited by elite on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kb24

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:48 am

Vartan is one of the best shooters in the province and peter is a good shooter with good post moves, so they will be in the race no matter what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elite

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:06 am

kb24 wrote:
Vartan is one of the best shooters in the province and peter is a good shooter with good post moves, so they will be in the race no matter what.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:38 pm

It was some other kid who scored 24 caused some problems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:53 pm

palmer will not be a contender and wont make it out of richmond they are a great example of a one man team . kits is overrated white rock is a bunch of white guys who try hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Why Play-up?   Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:41 pm

I can’t understand the logic behind a junior playing up at Varsity. In terms of physical maturity there’s a big difference between a grade 10 and a grade 12. In many instances, I’ve seen players getting little playing time at Varsity where they could’ve been dominant players at Junior. Why play-up? Does it benefit a player’s development?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Last edited by offensive rebounder on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:40 am

offensive rebounder wrote:
Kits only lost to whiterock by 5 and they only had 2 practices and no plays what so ever, while whitrock had an abundance of plays. the guy that caused trouble for kits was sam ykema i think. In terms of kids playing up i think it's stupid I was watching Luka play senior and he couldn't keep up while he could've dominated at junior.

Kits played even in Kitfest tourney in August.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 am

kits without luka = nothing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 am

Last edited by offensive rebounder on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:38 pm

3Dbball wrote:
kits without luka = nothing

Lot of teams got size and athletism this season. So even with Luka, they can not be the favorite to win all. WRCA coaches are known to teach physical defense to all their teams, be it junior or senior. Everybody saw them how rugged they can play, if they want in the last year AAA finals against yale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
will

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:
I can’t understand the logic behind a junior playing up at Varsity. In terms of physical maturity there’s a big difference between a grade 10 and a grade 12. In many instances, I’ve seen players getting little playing time at Varsity where they could’ve been dominant players at Junior. Why play-up? Does it benefit a player’s development?

Why should a player go to camps and play club teams to play against higher competition when they could just stay at home in the summer and kill their hometown friends in games of 21 and 3 on 3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facts

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:13 pm

a lot of talk about vancouver district. top three of any other cities? key players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Last edited by offensive rebounder on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:55 am

othter than kits, vc, and churchill the other contenders are wj mouat, burnett, and wrca

I wouldn't be so quick to forget about McMath or Saints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:03 am

BBaller wrote:
othter than kits, vc, and churchill the other contenders are wj mouat, burnett, and wrca

I wouldn't be so quick to forget about McMath or Saints.

So are enver, walnut and pitt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:09 am

3dbball your just a kits hater and u obviously have been beaten badly by Kits 1 or 2 times so your just trying to get them back.

just curious to know offensive rebounder who does kits have ? vibhor the corner 3 wonder ? cole ingram drive premier benchwarmer ? tom campbell the one handed wonder who disapeers in big games ? sorry guess I forgot there intimidating 14 and a half pund turnover machine guards justin and andrew ? Your teams built around a terrific big man who clearly was thinking the same thing I am when he decided to play senior instead of with a group of goons that put the weight of the world on his shoulders . Well see you in the city finals . Btw who is stefan sokic is he the manager or something ive never heard of him ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:03 am

3Dbball wrote:
3dbball your just a kits hater and u obviously have been beaten badly by Kits 1 or 2 times so your just trying to get them back.

just curious to know offensive rebounder who does kits have ? vibhor the corner 3 wonder ? cole ingram drive premier benchwarmer ? tom campbell the one handed wonder who disapeers in big games ? sorry guess I forgot there intimidating 14 and a half pund turnover machine guards justin and andrew ? Your teams built around a terrific big man who clearly was thinking the same thing I am when he decided to play senior instead of with a group of goons that put the weight of the world on his shoulders . Well see you in the city finals . Btw who is stefan sokic is he the manager or something ive never heard of him ?

3dball, tone down and kids deserve a better respect irregardless of how they play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachD

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:26 pm

I do not get why everyone is hating on mcmath. They are a solid team with lots of depth and come provincials they will be legitimate contenders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Last edited by offensive rebounder on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
valleyball

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:24 pm

dear Karn

First of all I commend you for your initiative in posting the junior rankings and for your enthusiasm for high school basketball. However, since the first posting of the rankings and your initial dialogue with the forums, I and probably others am becoming concerned with this.
Please understand I have no problems in the promotion of high school ball, but I really believe karn is treading some delicate and sensitive territory. Would rich goulet, rich chambers, randy coutts, bill disbrow or john dykstra be permitted to act in this manner? I do not think so, because they would understand they need to act as role models for other coaches and build their programs properly without engaging in this type of activity. Their personal focus is the respective school they coach at and they also undertstand as adults we need to channel our energy for the sport properly.Now, I am not accusing karn of anything unethical, but lets look objectivley of where this enthusiasm is heading. Now we have grade 10 players, NOT ADULTS, engaging in personal pissing matches on the forum all due to this overhyping of results and rivalries. Also, we have a coach who is using a public forum to promote his own school,( read his first post) via the rankings. Shouldn't this about the development of basketball rather than trash talking and innuendo about 15 year old players? Further, all coaches scout and are out there watching games etc, but does karn really have to be so extreme in this enthusiasm, or is there an agenda to recruit innocently.
If karn wants to post rankings, I have no problems with this, so long as his enthusiasm has some limits. Otherwise I think he may be the master of his own self destruction, as I already have heard of kids thinking of transferring to McMath due to this blog and karn's overhyped PR campaign. Please just build your program the right way. The accolades and recognition will come on its own without having to be so aggressive about it. In closing, I was hoping to refrain from writing, as I myself am very passionate about high school ball, but if one objectively reads all of karn's posts you begin to see a pattern. Watch when the next transfer after the point guard, (family reasons, ya right) goes to McMath. This ranking stuff and drive is just opening a door for karn and he should understand he is in somewhat of a conflict of interest. I sincerely hope my constructive thoughts are not portrayed as a personal attack on karn, but rather a concern of his "well intended enthusiasm" maybe headed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Karn thanks 4 doing the rankings looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by offensive rebounder on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Many teams have already started playing each other. The rankings would be like this when the official rankings come out:

1. VC (Joint top seed)
1. McMath (Joint top seed)
3. St Micheals
4. WRCA
5. Churchil
6. Mouat
7. Pitt
8. Burnett
9. BBY south
10.Lord Tweed

HM: 1. Kits 2. Enver 3. Walnut 4. Saints 5. Oakbay

This is just my opinion and only for the fun sake