HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:42 am

I figured there would be much more going on here with the Thunder Valley done and Potato Barrell set to begin?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoveredBridgeTroll

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:27 pm

What do you need to talk about?

There are 6 maybe 7 AAA boys teams who on any given night can knock off the other. All with different story lines, strengths and weaknesses. Its as wide open as its ever been but you've got about as many people who want to have a convo about the top boys teams while talking intelligent basketball on here as you had use show up to watch the AAA varsity girls game at the Final 12 before they started rotating the times to make the AA and A fans stay.

AA boys have Rothesay with the most talent and hosting the SW regional. CNHS and WHS right there but need to figure out if they want to try to win regionals on the road and see 1 of the other 2 again or if going on the road to the NE sectional and smashing everyone is a better road. No one else in AA within 40 pts of those 3.

A

Harvey right . . . anyone else want to chime in about your cute private school with big dreams or the little towns that could taking down this Laker team making its final leg a title runs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NEWTROLL

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:59 pm

You're right about A....if there was a few more on the bench they could compete in AAA .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HooplifeFreddy

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:36 am

CoveredBridgeTroll wrote:

There are 6 maybe 7 AAA boys teams who on any given night can knock off the other. All with different story lines, strengths and weaknesses. Its as wide open as its ever been but you've got about as many people who want to have a convo about the top boys teams while talking intelligent basketball on here as you had use show up to watch the AAA varsity girls game at the Final 12 before they started rotating the times to make the AA and A fans stay.

LHHS AAA boys will win. They have been allowed to cheat, everybody knows it, and nobody will do a damn thing. Frankly disgusts me. Now my daughter tells me the JV boys have picked up a new player in January, and again, that is ok, cause nobody will do anything about it.

Glad my daughter is not part of this, I am embarrassed to be an LHHS parent. CHEATING to win, the new LHHS motto.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:50 am

I don't think things are working out quite as well for the LHHS boys as anticipated. MVHS will be tough to get by should they meet at some point as well as a half a dozen other teams. AAA is a toss-up this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoveredBridgeTroll

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:01 am

[quote="HooplifeFreddy"]
CHEATING to win, the new LHHS motto.

Terrible Motto. Short but not catchy at all.

Try:

Offense bring fans. Defense wins games. Recruiting win championships.

OR

If you are not cheating you aren't trying hard enough

Of course we could also all just focus on things we can control instead of complaining all the time about other people's choices. But that wouldn't make for an interesting message board.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoFuture

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:52 am

HooplifeFreddy wrote:

LHHS AAA boys will win. They have been allowed to cheat, everybody knows it, and nobody will do a damn thing. Frankly disgusts me. Now my daughter tells me the JV boys have picked up a new player in January, and again, that is ok, cause nobody will do anything about it.

Glad my daughter is not part of this, I am embarrassed to be an LHHS parent. CHEATING to win, the new LHHS motto.

The JV player is a grade 11 player who played last year. He was apparently cut from the varsity team. Rumor is him joining the team is approved by the NBIAA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:07 am

HooplifeFreddy wrote:

Are you freaking kidding me!!

The JV player in question was on the roster of the team at the beginning of the season and decided at that time not to play. He has since changed his mind and was added to the roster. There is nothing wrong with adding him as it falls within the operating procedures of the NBIAA.

As far as players moving to other schools, you seem to like to pick on Leo Hayes but don't seem to have a problem with it in other schools. This goes on around the province, not only at Leo Hayes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: Roster   Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:02 pm

If he was on the roster that was handed in by the due date there should be no crying. Even if his name wasnt they can pay a $100 fee (i beleive) after a certain date to add names to the roster deadline which still has to be approved by NBIAA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crying_jordan23

PostSubject: Still Griping?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:53 pm

I haven't checked in for a while, so I was surprised to see some ppl still moaning over the LHHS boys.

Why? You think they're cheating? Contact the school. Have a player on the team? Talk to the coach. Have a player on another team LHHS plays against? Talk to the NBIAA?

Nobody on here can change it. Talk to someone who can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoveredBridgeTroll

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:23 am

Stop crying about Lions. Are they the favorites sure, but there are (as people have stated) about 5-6 other AAA teams who could give them a run for their money.

If you really want parity we need to figure out a to get the top AAA and AA/A teams in a 8-10 team league every year then just have two divisions for everyone else called B and C or competitive and rec . . . whatever you want to call it.

Every year though there are 6-10 teams that are relatively competitive across the province (that is why we end up with top 10 lists). Then you could probably find 10-15 more who could play in a competitive 2nd tier and then everyone else.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:26 pm

OMG. I can believe I am about to say this!!! I 100 percent agree with Troll. Tier 1 , Tier 2 , Tier 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:28 pm

crying_jordan23 wrote:
I haven't checked in for a while, so I was surprised to see some ppl still moaning over the LHHS boys.

Why? You think they're cheating? Contact the school. Have a player on the team? Talk to the coach. Have a player on another team LHHS plays against? Talk to the NBIAA?

Nobody on here can change it. Talk to someone who can.

Jordan I agree. Time for action. Will be putting pen to paper this week!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HUSKIES4

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:25 pm

How much does Leo Hayes have to win by in order to claim first place in their conference?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.CN.2016

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:14 am

Leo vs Mirmachi or Fredericton
Cnhs vs Rothesay
Harvey vs FCA or John Caldwell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????   

Back to top Go down

Wheres all the talk on the boy's side????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1