HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:06 pm

AAA Boys South West
Minwoo Park, FHS
Brett Speedy, LHHS
Adam Lambert, SJHS
Tyreese Paul, LHHS
Bryce Corless, KVHS

AAA Boys North East
Aram Currie, RHS
Ian Watters, MVHS
Jacob Vickers, MVHS
James French, BMHS
Chris Kameron Kogler, MHS

AA Boys South West
Abrhym Hill, CNHS
Brennan Cook, WHS
Dyson Williams, SVHS
Blair Hawkins, Fundy
Dustin Broad, CNHS

AA Boys North East
Jaden McIntyre James M Hill
Zach Boudreau, Tantramar
Matt Kaye, Tantramar
Jared Eagles, JMA
Jake Cassie, James M Hill

A Boys South West
Brett Curtis Harvey
Noah McCarthy JCS
Thomas Drummond Harvey
Dawson Boone, McAdam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Adam Lambert is a very good basketball player, but since he's playing high school basketball in Ohio, I don't think he will get an NBIAA all star. Also, I think you may have forgotten Matthew Baker from the Hawks nest in Rothesay as a AA SW boys all star.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Adam Lambert is playing in the US.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Adam Lambert is also on tour with Queen this summer. Busy guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Hard to see Broad when he's been injured half the year...
Baker along with Cook and Hill have been the class of AA.
No way on Williams Everett, he wasn't even the best on his team, Austin Boussiers was
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: All Stars   Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Sorry meant Andrew Lambert. I considered Matt Baker over Williams. You could go either way, but I guess since Rothesay is in sectionals and Southern Victoria did not you could put Baker. He would make it over Broad, forgot he was injured. Then maybe Blake Oakes over williams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: All Stars   Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:42 pm

Sorry meant Andrew Lambert. I considered Matt Baker over Williams. You could go either way, but I guess since Rothesay is in sectionals and Southern Victoria did not you could put Baker. He would make it over Broad, forgot he was injured. Then maybe Blake Oakes over williams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: Updated All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:49 pm

AAA South West
Minwoo Park FHS
Brett Speedy LHHS-Player of the Year
Tyrese Paul LHHS
Andrew Lambert SJHS
Bryce Corless KVHS

AAA North East
Aram Currie RHS-Player of the Year
James French BMHS
Ian Watters MVHS
Jacob Vickers MVHS
Chris Kameron Kogler

AA South West
Abryhm Hill CNHS-Player of the Year
Brennan Cook WHS
Matt Baker Rothesay
Blair Hawkins Fundy
Blake Oakes CNHS

AA North East
Jaden McIntyre James M Hill-Player of the Year
Zach Boudreau Tantramar
Matt Kaye Tantramar
Jake Cassie James M Hill
Jared Eagles JMA

A South West
Brett Curtis Harvey-Player of the Year
Thomas Drummond Harvey
Noah McCarthy JCS
Dawson Boon McAdam

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:15 pm

In AA and A it should be the 10 best players, no southwest northeast. In AA there are probably close to 12-15 players that would be "the player of the year" in the northeast. I'd imagine that in single A it is close to the same
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:24 pm

threepointmachine1 wrote:

Andrew Lambert played on the JV team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Andrew Lambert is grade 10, playing JV.

Even if he could be considered, there are dozens of other names you could pick from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Sorry I was under the impression he was on Varsity, meaning Andrew Lambert. By the way, I am not the only one on this forum who makes mistakes bud...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:33 pm

I agree, all stars should be ten best, not by region. If that were the case...

AAA
Aram Currie-North East
Ian watters North East
Jacob Vickers North East
James French North East
Minwoo Park South West
Brett Speedy South West
Bryce Corless South West
Tyrese Paul South West
Daemen Hemphill South West
Sterling Simpson South West

AA
Jaden McIntyre North East
Zach Boudreau North East
Matt Baker South West
Abryhym Hill South West
Blair Hawkins South West
Brennan Cook South West
Dyson Williams South West
Blake Oakes South West
Mitchell Webber South West
Dustin Broad South West
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Sorry I was under the impression he was on Varsity, meaning Andrew Lambert. By the way, I am not the only one on this forum who makes mistakes bud...

If you didn't know where he was playing, why would you select him to be an all-star?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:45 pm

CaBBallDad wrote:

If you didn't know where he was playing, why would you select him to be an all-star?

Sorry, I saw him play once this year, must have been a s a call up, sorry for taking out my anger on you guys, none of you did anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:48 pm

CaBBallDad wrote:

Sorry, I saw him play once this year, must have been a s a call up, sorry for taking out my anger on you guys, none of you did anything wrong.

Saw him play once and based on that you decide he should be an all-star, OK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:11 pm

CaBBallDad wrote:
CaBBallDad wrote:

He is U-16 level talent, and I am not an expert. I tried to apologize...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:09 pm

CaBBallDad wrote:
CaBBallDad wrote:

He is U-16 level talent, and I am not an expert. I tried to apologize...

He is a good player but he would have a difficult time being on the list of JV AAA all-stars. There were better guards playing this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoveredBridgeTroll

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:01 am

Talk about what you want.

Allstars are not most deserving or top talent. SW has ball boys that would be allstars in the NE in AA and A.

Not all coaching minds are equal. Some don't see, some only hear about players, some base it on age or how they did against their team . . .

I'm sure its nice to put on a resume or for mommy and daddy to have a picture of on the mantle, but being named an all-star doesn't mean as much as people seem to think it does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:07 pm

CoveredBridgeTroll wrote:
Talk about what you want.

Allstars are not most deserving or top talent. SW has ball boys that would be allstars in the NE in AA and A.

Not all coaching minds are equal. Some don't see, some only hear about players, some base it on age or how they did against their team . . .

I'm sure its nice to put on a resume or for mommy and daddy to have a picture of on the mantle, but being named an all-star doesn't mean as much as people seem to think it does.

There is a lack of talent at AA and A in the North East because it is so much smaller than the South West. Bathurst and Campbelton do have 11,000 people and 6,000 people respectively, but other than sackville(6,000) and Dalhousie, 5,000, the north east schools are much smaller.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.CN.2016

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Oakes nor Cook would go over Broad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Oh my...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Gee, you must be Rodney, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.CN.2016

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:05 pm

AAA SW- Sterling simpson, Tyrese Paul, Bryce Corless, Brett Speedy, Minwoo Park
AAA NE- James French, Aram Currie, Ian Watters, Marc Hofer, Jacob Vickers
AA SW- Abrhym hill, Mitchell Webber, Dustin Broad, Matt Baker, Blair Hawkins
A SW- Brett Curtis, Thomas Drummond, Noah McCarthy, Dawson Boon & Ethan Drost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.CN.2016

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:09 pm

now cmon how many points did broad have against woodstock 30? how many did cook have?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions   

Back to top Go down

2016-2017 Pre-Sectional All Star Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next