HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BC Provincials and Transfers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
letboysplay

PostSubject: BC Provincials and Transfers    Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:14 pm

I hate to say it, but, am I the only fan that has seen Little input from BC basketball fans about what has been happening with high School ball. No worries about players leaving thier high school team to pursue thier dreams.
Leaving , everyone else to wonder about what could have been. Yet, I decided to bail on my high school team for better options. And if it doesn't work, let's go back and pick up like nothing happened. Are there rules or not. Really. Tomely plays alll season With Orangevill Ptep and now wmTs to step in for playoffs. Really??? And Cowley is not much better. They are telling thier school I want Better, but if it doesn't work out and I will replace another player who has commited to the school from the get go. Who accepts that???terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jim2525

PostSubject: Re: BC Provincials and Transfers    Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:04 am

Letboysplay, you are absolutely correct and Find it just odd that some players are returning to the Tamanawis basketball team after bailing out and is pretty much resulting in replacing the players who were committed since September. The Late season coaching change made at that school has made no difference if not Worse and show no professional attitude towards the players.  Coming in during PLAYOFF TIME???? Honestly Disgusting to see what has Happened to BC basketball and I've been watching for Over 20 Years
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justme1

PostSubject: Re: BC Provincials and Transfers    Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Totally agree with both the statements above. Excuse given by Tomley looks way too scripted. Tammy mysteriously gets new coach just when Tomley and another player returns. At the beginning of the season he even refused to look at the team.Now he comes back and Tammy / Tomley trying to use lame excuses. Tomley is known for jumping ship anyway. He jumped from Athelite Basketball ( who gave him the first opportunity) to Drive the very second he figured he would get a better exposure. Nothing wrong with that but sure shows how or where his loyalty or commitments are. It's all about himself.Great that the committee took a firm stand on this matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
letboysplay

PostSubject: Re: BC Provincials and Transfers    Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Regardless of your opinion. It's about the rules and yes there are some optics that seem questionable. However, rules are there for a reason. Does not matter if it's for personal reasons. Some are arguing that it's about not letting a top player play. Not the case. Need to look at the bigger picture. And stop making it personal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justme1

PostSubject: Re: BC Provincials and Transfers    Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Agreed. Not making this personal. Just saying too much being made out of this. Multiple sites talking and posting about this when it should have been a clear cut case. NOT ELIGIBLE!! Doesn't matter if you are NBA prospect or a bench HS player. It should be the same. I totally applaud the decision taken by the committee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
letboysplay

PostSubject: Re: BC Provincials and Transfers    Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:36 pm

Completely agree. It's not personal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HF

PostSubject: Re: BC Provincials and Transfers    Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:00 pm

letboysplay wrote:
Completely agree.  It's not personal.

So I hear Miguel is playing now. If true this will make the FV and BC's different as they will be a low seed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justme1

PostSubject: Re: BC Provincials and Transfers    Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:13 pm

If that is true then now that a loop hole has been found I can only imagine how many future Prep School Stars will take this route of dumping their HS in the beginning of the season and then return towards the end of the season to again play HS ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BC Provincials and Transfers    

Back to top Go down

BC Provincials and Transfers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1