HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Harbour Station Predictions 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hoopsfanNB



Posts : 46
Join date : 2016-01-25

PostSubject: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Just wondering who people think will walk away champions next weekend in Saint John?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345



Posts : 316
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Boys
AAA MVHS
AA CNHS
A HHS

Girls
AAA KV
AA CNHS
A JCS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachY



Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Boys
AAA Leo Hayes
AA Carleton North
A Harvey

Girls
AAA Riverview
AA Woodstock
A JCS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoveredBridgeTroll



Posts : 24
Join date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:52 pm

hoopsfanNB wrote:
Just wondering who people think will walk away champions next weekend in Saint John?

Fellas

LHHS - Game gets ugly when shots don't fall on big floor, but MVHS doesn't have horses on big floor if Lions roll players and make game 94 feet. Offense wins brings fans, recruiting wins championships.

CNHS - Because if they don't win in this year they aren't winning it for a long while.

Harvey - Do I really need to explain why?

Gals

KVHS - Too many RHS kids there for first time.

WHS - Just too deep compared to CNHS on big floor.

JCS - She's in grade 8?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR



Posts : 750
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:46 am

AAA Boys MVHS
AA Boys WHS
A Boys Harvey

AAA Girls KVHS
AA Girls WHS
A Girls JCS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HooplifeFreddy



Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-10-30

PostSubject: HS Predictions   Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:28 am

Boys
AAA LHHS ~ the kind way to put it, recruiting wins championships...
AA CNHS ~ Beat everybody this year
A HHS ~ Their top 2 are a top 2 on any team in the province

Girls

AAA KV ~ taking out Sussex is their golden buzzer, unstoppable now
AA CNHS ~ Played hard, and play well as a team
A JCS ~ That young girl, really, she could win 5-6 titles by the time she is done.. Incredible player.

Daughter and I are going to all the games, although I will be wearing LHHS clothing Friday night, I still feel this team should have been disqualified for all the NBIAA rules they broke before and during the season (not interested in fighting, expressing my opinion). The NBIAA has proven their own rules are ignored when convenient. It will be a tainted title from what could have been a legitimate title run if they had only used local young men. Too bad really. Glad when I played our young men and women were taught to win on merit, not on invitation "to come play with our team".

See you all in SJ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red



Posts : 266
Join date : 2012-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:36 am

HooplifeFreddy wrote:
Boys
A HHS ~ Their top 2 are a top 2 on any team in the province

What? I can believe that for Curtis, not for Drummond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach34



Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:23 am

Coach.Red wrote:
HooplifeFreddy wrote:
Boys
A HHS ~ Their top 2 are a top 2 on any team in the province

What? I can believe that for Curtis, not for Drummond.

Not sure how much you watched him, but you are wrong on that.If not, its close.He got hosed provincial teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoveredBridgeTroll



Posts : 24
Join date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Coach34 wrote:
Coach.Red wrote:
HooplifeFreddy wrote:
Boys
A HHS ~ Their top 2 are a top 2 on any team in the province

What? I can believe that for Curtis, not for Drummond.

Not sure how much you watched him, but you are wrong on that.If not, its close.He got hosed provincial teams.

So looking at just the final 12 teams. Clearly the best 2 on Harvey, would be best 2 on FCA.

There is no one on WHS, CNHS, MHVS, or LHHS capable of knocking either out of the 2 spot on those teams? Everyone else on those teams is not as good as both those players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1



Posts : 40
Join date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Predictions   Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:46 pm

AAA-Leo Hayes, Golden State of NBIAA
AA- Carleton North-Hill, Broad, Oaks, Salmon, O'Neil versus Cook, Webber, Tompkins. No contest
A- Harvey- Same as with Leo Hayes, one of best overall teams in province

Ladies
AAA-KVHS
AA- Woodstock- sandy Saunders, Claire Dunlop? They can handle CNHS.
A-JCS- No contest here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad



Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:55 pm

HooplifeFreddy wrote:

Daughter and I are going to all the games, although I will be wearing LHHS clothing Friday night, I still feel this team should have been disqualified for all the NBIAA rules they broke before and during the season (not interested in fighting, expressing my opinion). The NBIAA has proven their own rules are ignored when convenient. It will be a tainted title from what could have been a legitimate title run if they had only used local young men. Too bad really. Glad when I played our young men and women were taught to win on merit, not on invitation "to come play with our team".

See you all in SJ.

There would be many teams disqualified then.  Not sure when you played but this has been going on forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach34



Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:21 pm

CoveredBridgeTroll wrote:
Coach34 wrote:
Coach.Red wrote:
HooplifeFreddy wrote:
Boys
A HHS ~ Their top 2 are a top 2 on any team in the province

What? I can believe that for Curtis, not for Drummond.

Not sure how much you watched him, but you are wrong on that.If not, its close.He got hosed provincial teams.

So looking at just the final 12 teams. Clearly the best 2 on Harvey, would be best 2 on FCA.

There is no one on WHS, CNHS, MHVS, or LHHS capable of knocking either out of the 2 spot on those teams? Everyone else on those teams is not as good as both those players?
What I would say is, picking players that would be in the top 2 of any teams is subjective.You could name a lot of players, but Harvey was competitive with LHHS, CN, Woodstock, etc. They had two  very high caliber players that made that possible, as well as capable other starters, but they were not very deep. Drummond and Curtis are both in the conversation, the same as many other players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.CN.2016



Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 pm

weber, hill, speedy, paul, hemphill, watters, are all better guards than drummond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NEWTROLL



Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Curtis makes Drummond look better than he actually is. Same with all their starters. You will see it when Curtis sits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
becauseballislife



Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Who does everyone think the strongest point guard is in AA boys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter



Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 am

All I can say about the Thomas Drummond debate is that "Defense Wins Championships"...this kid is a total lockdown defender. His willingness to give 100% effort on the defensive side of the ball is the reason why they will win 3 straight banners. Just ask any player that's faced him, he gives them fits! He is athletic enough to defend any guard and strong enough to handle anyone in the paint. His ability to position himself with solid footwork and jump into passing lanes forces players to make mistakes, those turnovers lead right into the fast break for Curtis's Lakers. He goes about his business and quietly drops in 20 points per game as well as shutting the door on the other team's best scorer...totally underrated, sneaky smart and a under the radar type of player. I would put him up against anyone in high school ball right now.The first time I ever saw this kid play he vomited on the court from total exhaustion and yes it was on the Harvey end of the court!!!


Last edited by BumptheCutter on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HooplifeFreddy



Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:24 am

CaBBallDad wrote:


There would be many teams disqualified then.  Not sure when you played but this has been going on forever.

A lot of things have been going on forever.. does not make them right, or within the "rules". As I said not interested in an argument. It is CHEATING... look up the definition.. but thankfully, I don't have to care beyond the fact that my daughter's school condones it.. Which is very unfortunate.

I went to a school that did not do this... Thankfully.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad



Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:16 pm

HooplifeFreddy wrote:
CaBBallDad wrote:


There would be many teams disqualified then.  Not sure when you played but this has been going on forever.

A lot of things have been going on forever.. does not make them right, or within the "rules". As I said not interested in an argument. It is CHEATING... look up the definition.. but thankfully, I don't have to care beyond the fact that my daughter's school condones it.. Which is very unfortunate.

I went to a school that did not do this... Thankfully.

Have a nice day.

Yet you only complain about one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HooplifeFreddy



Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:41 pm

CaBBallDad wrote:


Yet you only complain about one.

Whatever.. get your last words in... you are probably one of the parents involved...

This forum is obviously not a place to discuss the love of basketball, it is for people who want to stick their heads in the sand, and watch while the rules we should teach our children are ignored.

Don't worry, I won't be back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoveredBridgeTroll



Posts : 24
Join date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:12 pm

HooplifeFreddy wrote:


Don't worry, I won't be back.

Challenge accepted!

So for someone to be be disciplined for recruitment. One (or more) of the indicators below would have to be violated, reported in writing to the NBIAA, investigated, the school contacted and given time to respond and explain. So which indicator is there proof of that the NBIAA should investigate and give LHHS a chance to respond to?

a) a coach shall not initiate contact with any student who does not attend,
or does not directly feed into the coach’s school, in order to suggest,
encourage or explain a transfer to a different school.


Can you prove that the coach intiated conversastions with athletes for the sole purpose of getting them to transfer?

b) a coach shall not encourage any other person, including past and present
players, to contact any student to suggest, encourage or explain a
transfer to a different school.


Can you prove the coach found/got someone else to initiate the conversation?

c) a coach shall not permit a student who is not currently enrolled at the coach’s school, or whose present school does not directly feed into thecoach’s school, to participate in team practices or participate in scheduled team activities (including travel to games/events, team meetings or trips), unless specifically agreed to by the NBIAA.

Was anyone participating in the school team events in this season that was not part of the team?

d) a coach shall not permit a student who is not currently enrolled at the coach’s school, or whose present school does not directly feed into the coach’s school, to attend “open gym” at the coach’s school or attend spring or summer practices, games or camps specifically designated for enrolled students.

Is there evidence that a coach/school allowed students not enrolled to attend an an open gym that was identified as "specifically for LHHS students".


e) a coach shall not entice a student who is not currently enrolled at the coach’s school, or whose present school does not directly feed into the coach’s school, into transferring to the coach’s school. Examples of the applicable situations are listed below, but are not limited to: i. Providing particular inducements such a preferential accommodation, reduced fees or employment at any camp program ii. allowing the non-enrolled student to accompany the team to a
school or team function, or by offering a discounted or special
admission to any school function, including team games
iii. providing a non-enrolled student with team plans, practice outlines
or game plans
iv. providing transportation, equipment, clothing/footwear or financial
inducement in order to facilitate a non-enrolled student’s
involvement in out-of-season contests, leagues, camps, clinics or
related programs
v. inviting or allowing a student who is transferring to the coach’s
school to reside with the coach (and/or coach’s family) who is not
the student’s parent or legal guardian or being financially supported
in anyway by a coach or institution
vi. a coach shall not use an evaluation process from an out-of-season
program or camp to suggest that a student transfer to any other
school other than the one at which he or she is currently enrolled or
into which they will directly feed


I assume you have proof of the coach actually doing one of these things?

f) Student Approaching a Coach: If a coach is approached by any student
who is not enrolled at the coach’s school, or by any student who will
not directly feed into the coach’s school, with questions or comments
regarding any sports program at the coach’s school, the coach must
direct the student to the school administration or school district office.
Once a student has registered at the coach’s school, the coach may
discuss school teams.


Do you know that a student approached the coach and they didn't repsond properly?

g) offering monetary or transportation assistance to a student, parent or
guardian (including fees, tuition, bus passes or other allowances or
waivers). Provided however, that for the purposes of these regulations,
waiver or any fee ordinarily charge to an international student by a
school, shall not necessarily be considered undue influence or
recruitment. Provided further that, when determining whether undue
influence or recruitment exists, the NBIAA Executive shall be entitled
to consider whether such fees are waived for students not involved in
athletic activities.


You've seen cash changing hands?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoFuture



Posts : 23
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:46 pm

CoveredBridgeTroll wrote:
HooplifeFreddy wrote:


Don't worry, I won't be back.

Challenge accepted!

So for someone to be be disciplined for recruitment. One (or more) of the indicators below would have to be violated, reported in writing to the NBIAA, investigated, the school contacted and given time to respond and explain. So which indicator is there proof of that the NBIAA should investigate and give LHHS a chance to respond to?

a) a coach shall not initiate contact with any student who does not attend,
or does not directly feed into the coach’s school, in order to suggest,
encourage or explain a transfer to a different school.


Can you prove that the coach intiated conversastions with athletes for the sole purpose of getting them to transfer?

b) a coach shall not encourage any other person, including past and present
players, to contact any student to suggest, encourage or explain a
transfer to a different school.


Can you prove the coach found/got someone else to initiate the conversation?

c) a coach shall not permit a student who is not currently enrolled at the coach’s school, or whose present school does not directly feed into thecoach’s school, to participate in team practices or participate in scheduled team activities (including travel to games/events, team meetings or trips), unless specifically agreed to by the NBIAA.

Was anyone participating in the school team events in this season that was not part of the team?

d) a coach shall not permit a student who is not currently enrolled at the coach’s school, or whose present school does not directly feed into the coach’s school, to attend “open gym” at the coach’s school or attend spring or summer practices, games or camps specifically designated for enrolled students.

Is there evidence that a coach/school allowed students not enrolled to attend an an open gym that was identified as "specifically for LHHS students".


e) a coach shall not entice a student who is not currently enrolled at the coach’s school, or whose present school does not directly feed into the coach’s school, into transferring to the coach’s school. Examples of the applicable situations are listed below, but are not limited to: i. Providing particular inducements such a preferential accommodation, reduced fees or employment at any camp program ii. allowing the non-enrolled student to accompany the team to a
school or team function, or by offering a discounted or special
admission to any school function, including team games
iii. providing a non-enrolled student with team plans, practice outlines
or game plans
iv. providing transportation, equipment, clothing/footwear or financial
inducement in order to facilitate a non-enrolled student’s
involvement in out-of-season contests, leagues, camps, clinics or
related programs
v. inviting or allowing a student who is transferring to the coach’s
school to reside with the coach (and/or coach’s family) who is not
the student’s parent or legal guardian or being financially supported
in anyway by a coach or institution
vi. a coach shall not use an evaluation process from an out-of-season
program or camp to suggest that a student transfer to any other
school other than the one at which he or she is currently enrolled or
into which they will directly feed


I assume you have proof of the coach actually doing one of these things?

f) Student Approaching a Coach: If a coach is approached by any student
who is not enrolled at the coach’s school, or by any student who will
not directly feed into the coach’s school, with questions or comments
regarding any sports program at the coach’s school, the coach must
direct the student to the school administration or school district office.
Once a student has registered at the coach’s school, the coach may
discuss school teams.


Do you know that a student approached the coach and they didn't repsond properly?

g) offering monetary or transportation assistance to a student, parent or
guardian (including fees, tuition, bus passes or other allowances or
waivers). Provided however, that for the purposes of these regulations,
waiver or any fee ordinarily charge to an international student by a
school, shall not necessarily be considered undue influence or
recruitment. Provided further that, when determining whether undue
influence or recruitment exists, the NBIAA Executive shall be entitled
to consider whether such fees are waived for students not involved in
athletic activities.


You've seen cash changing hands?

This argument should be long over with, but CoveredTroll you essentially shot yourself in the foot with your post. A few of your questions have already been answered.

The big question should be why is one player playing at LHHS, while the younger sister is still at JCS. If for whatever reason said player wanted to play at the AAA level, why not go to FHS which is the power house of basketball in NB (thanks to great coaching).

Starting from the top:

Is there evidence that a coach/school allowed students not enrolled to attend an an open gym that was identified as "specifically for LHHS students".
There is a picture of a player NOT enrolled with LHHS wearing a LHHS jersey playing with their group at the Summer/Fall Harvey tournament. Multiple people have seen it. If you care to see it it's not hard to find.

I assume you have proof of the coach actually doing one of these things?
It has already been said that a player is/was living with the coach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoveredBridgeTroll



Posts : 24
Join date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:10 pm

NoFuture wrote:
Basketball  cheers  bounce  bounce  bounce  affraid  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz
This argument should be long over with, but CoveredTroll you essentially shot yourself in the foot with your post. A few of your questions have already been answered.

The big question should be why is one player playing at LHHS, while the younger sister is still at JCS. If for whatever reason said player wanted to play at the AAA level, why not go to FHS which is the power house of basketball in NB (thanks to great coaching).

Starting from the top:

Is there evidence that a coach/school allowed students not enrolled to attend an an open gym that was identified as "specifically for LHHS students".
There is a picture of a player NOT enrolled with LHHS wearing a LHHS jersey playing with their group at the Summer/Fall Harvey tournament. Multiple people have seen it. If you care to see it it's not hard to find.

I assume you have proof of the coach actually doing one of these things?
It has already been said that a player is/was living with the coach.


Great work Perry Mason . . .

So now someone writes that to the NBIAA. They contact LHHS who sits down with coach to explain and coach/school respond to allegations which are still basically conjecture (other than your picture). So with no knowledge or if anyone even wrote the NBIAA so it would get this far here is all the school/player/coach has to explain.

- PLayer x is living with family.

-That was not a LHHS team it was a club team. my bad Nno players on the club team should have been using the LHHS jersey's.

- PLayer Y is not living with the coach.

Your right this should be over but people seem to think the NBIAA is the NCAA with investigators and private eyes all over place. Based on the way the rule is written and administered there nothing punishable going on so people need to move on . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:31 am

CoveredBridgeTroll wrote:
NoFuture wrote:
Basketball  cheers  bounce  bounce  bounce  affraid  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz
This argument should be long over with, but CoveredTroll you essentially shot yourself in the foot with your post. A few of your questions have already been answered.

The big question should be why is one player playing at LHHS, while the younger sister is still at JCS. If for whatever reason said player wanted to play at the AAA level, why not go to FHS which is the power house of basketball in NB (thanks to great coaching).

Starting from the top:

Is there evidence that a coach/school allowed students not enrolled to attend an an open gym that was identified as "specifically for LHHS students".
There is a picture of a player NOT enrolled with LHHS wearing a LHHS jersey playing with their group at the Summer/Fall Harvey tournament. Multiple people have seen it. If you care to see it it's not hard to find.

I assume you have proof of the coach actually doing one of these things?
It has already been said that a player is/was living with the coach.


Great work Perry Mason . . .

So now someone writes that to the NBIAA. They contact LHHS who sits down with coach to explain and coach/school respond to allegations which are still basically conjecture (other than your picture). So with no knowledge  or if anyone even wrote the NBIAA so it would get this far here is all the school/player/coach has to explain.

- PLayer x is living with family.

-That was not a LHHS team it was a club team. my bad Nno players on the club team should have been using the LHHS jersey's.

- PLayer Y is not living with the coach.

Your right this should be over but people seem to think the NBIAA is the NCAA with investigators and private eyes all over place. Based on the way the rule is written and administered there nothing punishable going on so people need to move on . . .

Hey TrollFace are you saying player Y is also living with family and not the coach? Is he living with his brother? Do you have proof of this? Probably not....its just your alternative facts......sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoFuture



Posts : 23
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:30 am

CoveredBridgeTroll wrote:
NoFuture wrote:
Basketball  cheers  bounce  bounce  bounce  affraid  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz
This argument should be long over with, but CoveredTroll you essentially shot yourself in the foot with your post. A few of your questions have already been answered.

The big question should be why is one player playing at LHHS, while the younger sister is still at JCS. If for whatever reason said player wanted to play at the AAA level, why not go to FHS which is the power house of basketball in NB (thanks to great coaching).

Starting from the top:

Is there evidence that a coach/school allowed students not enrolled to attend an an open gym that was identified as "specifically for LHHS students".
There is a picture of a player NOT enrolled with LHHS wearing a LHHS jersey playing with their group at the Summer/Fall Harvey tournament. Multiple people have seen it. If you care to see it it's not hard to find.

I assume you have proof of the coach actually doing one of these things?
It has already been said that a player is/was living with the coach.




-That was not a LHHS team it was a club team. my bad Nno players on the club team should have been using the LHHS jersey's.


Where is your proof? You ask others for it, now it's our turn.

If it was a club team, they would have had jerseys. Which club team was it? I'm not aware of any club teams coming out of the Fredericton Northside area at that level for boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaBBallDad



Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 am

HooplifeFreddy wrote:
CaBBallDad wrote:


Yet you only complain about one.

Whatever.. get your last words in... you are probably one of the parents involved...


Not involved at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions 2017   

Back to top Go down
 
Harbour Station Predictions 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station
» Harbour station Predictions
» Harbour Station winners?
» Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions
» Road to Harbour Station Results--2016

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: