HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Division changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: Division changes   Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Can anyone clarify on the previously mentioned?

Who is moving up or down, how will it work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Division changes   Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:09 pm

All the info I have heard says proposal for 2 divisions. U400 and 400+.

Within those 2 divisions there were apparently be two tiers. No idea if this will be size based or performance based. I asked our AD for details but was told proposal details do not come out to schools until May.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Division changes   Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:12 am

It will be based on performance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Division changes   Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:19 am

baller24 wrote:
It will be based on performance

Thats interesting. Will be important schools look at the proposed format when they get the info. I think it has some unique possibilities but I don't see the majority of schools going for it.

Questions I would have right off the bat:

Who is proposing it and what is their rationale?

Will it a be a body of work like BNB  and if so who makes that call/when?

Will you have to have 2 different seasons? ie Play a bunch of games to figure out we are AA Tier 1. Do we now play a regular season schedule vs other Tier 1 teams?

How many teams go to each tier and does every team in each Tier make the playoffs (because that doesnt seem possible)?

What will this do to things like interlocked schedules, conference schedules, games limits, travel restrictions etc . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForceHimLeft

PostSubject: Re: Division changes   Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Didn't they do this back in 2008? From what I remember it was closer to under 300 were AA and schools above 300 were AAA. The smaller originally A schools were furious and a lot folded due to travel issues.

This also caused a match up between the Bathurst HS JV team (JV team) and the Campobello Vikings in the AA final lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: Re: Division changes   Mon May 15, 2017 9:34 am

Does anybody know when the new divisions will be announced? When is the meeting for the proposed divisions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Division changes   Mon May 15, 2017 10:33 am

threepointmachine1 wrote:
Does anybody know when the new divisions will be announced? When is the meeting for the proposed divisions?

Proposal came from an adjunct/support committee to NBIAA. They wanted discussion on possibility of proposal from Conferences. It has been discussed at conference AD meetings for feedback. I think next discussion point is NBIAA AGM in June.

Not sure if it is even a voting proposal. Nature of the proposal and the group it comes from could make it just an executive commitee decision, based on the feedback they receive. Classification of Schools and Concference or Playoff Alignment are all under operating regulations and motions to the NBIAA from schools can only be about Bylaws or constitution.

IF it is a voting proposal it could be or not be presented at this AGM. Regardless of if there is vote or on this or not we will have no information until after AGM in June.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
threepointmachine1

PostSubject: Re: Division changes   Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Can somebody please dumb this proposed change down for me? I just want a good, simple explanation that is not complex. Give me the basics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Division changes   

Back to top Go down

Division changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1