HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

City playoffs opinions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr403

PostSubject: City playoffs opinions    Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:44 pm

As the seasons cracking down what are the favorites to win city's? Medicine Hat wins south.
If lacombe takes out McNally for first in north division tomorrow they'd be my pick.
Stfx takes it in Edmonton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:02 pm

I'm not sure about Calgary and Edmonton, but I'd be surprised if Med Hat won the south. They've been inconsistent and there are just too many good teams. They are a good team, but I don't know if they've shown the ability to put together multiple games in a row beating teams like Raymond, Cardston, and LCI. Having said that, the south certainly is wide open. Although I'd be surprised with Med Hat, I certainly wouldn't count them out either. Raymond, LCI, Cardston can all compete for the south crown. Depends what team comes together at the right time really. Any of these teams can get hot at U of L. Magrath as well has shown the ability to compete at this level but seems to be just a step behind. Now that I'm thinking about it CCH hasn't had a bad season at all either. They've beat Med Hat both times and have a win against Magrath. I don't think they will win the south, but I'd say an upset is not out of the question at all. This is one of the more competitive years in the south in a long time. will be a great zone playoff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Magrath    Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:53 am

Well Magrath has now sweept LCI and beat med hat last night looks to be every bit as good as med hat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoKnights

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:11 pm

South Zones should be very interesting. There are 6 teams good enough to make it to provincials (probably 4 spots) and probably 5 of those teams with a realistic shot to win the zone. Edmonton only really deserves 3 spots. StFX, Ainlay, and JP could all be legitimate teams in provincials, but O'Leary probably doesn't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Username

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Edmonton City Championship

St. Francis Xavier 93 Harry Ainlay 92
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:36 pm

westwind Bball wrote:
Well Magrath has now sweept LCI and beat med hat last night looks to be every bit as good as med hat
in league play only
Magrath against CCH 1-1
Magrath against Hat 1-1
Magrath against Cardston 0-2
Magrath against Raymond 0-2
Magrath against LCI 2-0 (accept for the fact that one of those should have an * beside it due to a bit of home town cooking on the score clock which was stopping at random points while they buzzed the horn trying to get a timeout while the ball was in play. Clock should have ran out. Game should have gone to OT which they may still have won, but may not have)

Don't get me wrong, Magrath has a nice team, just don't see them in the top 2. Possible ya, but record doesn't show it so far.

will be a good zone tourney. Personally I think I'd drop CCH out of the top group and say they won't make provincials. But it's a tough call between Cardston, Raymond, LCI, Magrath, and hat as to which will make the tourney. any one of those teams could beat the other on any given night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futurelegendyyc

PostSubject: Calgary playoffs   Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:30 am

It will be very interesting playoff scene here in Calgary. As we sit currently the matches look like Pearson vs Centennial, Churchill vs St mary's, Bishop O'Bryne vs Lacombe and Bishop Mcnally vs Western. For now it looks like Mcnally will cruise easily through Western, Bob will go through a weak Lacombe team with the season ending of their best player. Churchill will win convincingly with their new additions this year and Pearson will win against Centennial despite having a season ending injury inflicted upon their best player. From there teh semifinals looks like a terrifc one between Mcnally and O'Bryne and Churchill and Pearson. Mcnally should win a close one aginst O'bryne as they have had 3 close matches this year in which Macnally ended up being the victor. As for teh Churchill vs Pearson, I have to say that Churchill will take as Pearson simply doesnt have enough size with the injury to Ibrahima to stand a chance against Churchills bruisers in the paint. From thereon it will be a match for teh ages as two very evenly teams should face off against each. Only time will tell off how teh Calgary playoffs will end up like
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:51 am

futurelegendyyc wrote:
It will be very interesting playoff scene here in Calgary. As we sit currently the matches look like Pearson vs Centennial, Churchill vs St mary's, Bishop O'Bryne vs Lacombe and Bishop Mcnally vs Western. For now it looks like Mcnally will cruise easily through Western, Bob will go through a weak Lacombe team with the season ending of their best player. Churchill will win convincingly with their new additions this year and Pearson will win against Centennial despite having a season ending injury inflicted upon their best player. From there teh semifinals looks like a terrifc one between Mcnally and O'Bryne and Churchill and Pearson. Mcnally should win a close one aginst O'bryne as they have had 3 close matches this year in which Macnally ended up being the victor. As for teh Churchill vs Pearson, I have to say that Churchill will take as Pearson simply doesnt have enough size with the injury to Ibrahima to stand a chance against Churchills bruisers in the paint. From thereon it will be a match for teh ages as two very evenly teams should face off against each. Only time will tell off how teh Calgary playoffs will end up like

Who is hurt at Lacombe? I think that game will be close tonight. Mary's beats Churchill tonight, Pearson and McNally win rather easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr403

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:34 am

Lacombe's best player Kuanyliet has been hurt all season with a torn acl. Also lost a big man to a season ending injury can't remember his name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalgaryBaller2015

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Mr403 wrote:
Lacombe's best player Kuanyliet has been hurt all season with a torn acl. Also lost a big man to a season ending injury can't remember his name.

'Best Player' is a stretch...he is very good but not the best and they have played all year without him.... I heard there last game was close?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTruthofTheSouth

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:35 am

Calgary semi finals are set

BOB vs Mcnally at BOB

Pearson vs Churchill at Pearson***

I believe whoever wins between mcnally and BOB will most likely go on to win the whole thing

Last edited by TheTruthofTheSouth on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ctown33

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:40 am

TheTruthofTheSouth wrote:
Calgary semi finals are set

BOB vs Mcnally at BOB

Pearson vs Churchill at Churchill

I believe whoever wins between mcnally and BOB will most likely go on to win the whole thing

Pearson/Churchill is at Pearson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTruthofTheSouth

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:58 am

sorry my mistake
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoKnights

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:01 am

Tight semis in the South tonight... Two interesting elimination games coming. LCI vs Cardston should be good as LCI was able to finally beat Cardston in the last matchup and Med Hat vs. CCH should be interesting because Med Hat is better on paper but has lost both meetings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Username

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:03 am

Calgary Semi's:

Lester B. Pearson 85 Sir Winston Churchill 79
Bishop O'Byrne 65 Bishop McNally 70

Finals will be Lester B. Pearson vs. Bishop McNally
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoKnights

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:12 am

Great elimination games in the South with Cardston over LCI 86-83 and Med Hat with a 96-91 win over CCH... The LCI-Cardston game was especially fun with the atmosphere and tough for LCI and CCH who both were good enough to win games at provincials but are now done for the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cow-town

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Are they streaming the finals tonight between Raymond and Magrath? If so where?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Username

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Same can be said for Calgary as well; will there be streaming for the Calgary City finals as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big red

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Sorry this is late I just found it

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lci-basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Username

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Calgary City Championships

Lester B. Pearson 75 Bishop McNally 73
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Username

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:50 pm

South Zone Championships

Raymond 88 Magrath 96
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:53 am

Congrats to Magrath. Very well played tournament. Definitely the best team in the south these past few days. I personally didn't expect them to win, but was proved wrong. Hopefully my NCAA tourney bracket picks are a bit more on ha. Too bad that LCI and Cardston had to meet in an elimination game. Both good teams. Cardston had maybe the most disappointing showing this zone tournament of the 4 teams that earned provincial berths. But, I still wouldn't want them on my side of the provincial bracket. Still a very good team that will regroup. Congrats to the south zone on a great tournament all around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City playoffs opinions    

Back to top Go down

City playoffs opinions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: Alberta-
Jump to: