HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2017-2018 4A Boys Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
No one

PostSubject: 2017-2018 4A Boys Predictions   Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:34 am

High School Ball is almost here!

In Calgary, it looks like there is no clear cut favourite this year and there will be a lot of strong teams! I believe that any of the 6 teams below can win on any given night!

BOB - Very strong Gr. 11 core: Lightening quick PG, SG can shoot the lights out, two dynamic scoring wings
Mary's - Very deep team at all positions, strong Gr. 11s (dynamic guards) coupled with solid Gr. 12s (great big, very solid wing and possibly a dynamic scoring PG/SG)
Western - Best PG in Calgary along with a solid all around team (Great Shooters)
Lacombe - On paper, should be the best team in my opinion, great length, athleticism and talent at all positions, arguably the best player in Calgary
SWC - Returning most of their team from last year I believe, great size/athleticism in the front court
McNally - Solid guards (Gr. 11 and 12) but I feel they won't be a top contender this year. However, McNally will probably prove me wrong and perform at a high level as usually!

Although I think Lacombe has the most talent, I have a feeling Western is going to surprise this year!

Any other teams to look out for or thoughts? Feel free to disagree also! I grew up watching/coaching a lot of these kids so I'm super excited to watch this season!

How is Edmonton and the South looking this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForceHimLeft

PostSubject: Re: 2017-2018 4A Boys Predictions   Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:01 am

Crescent Heights should be able to make some noise as well in calgary. Maybe not put together an extremely strong season, but will upset and beat a couple teams they aren’t suppose to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: South   Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:58 pm

I think the south will be quite a competitive league again this year. Magrath will be defending their zone title and have a lot of strength back from that team from what I know. LCI should be decent again, Cardston lost Russell but still have a nice core of players moving up. Raymond should compete as they always do. Hat High should be in the mix as well. The usual chinook and winston will round out the bottom...CCH might be there too. Expect a tough league though however it breaks down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsab

PostSubject: Re: 2017-2018 4A Boys Predictions   Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:17 pm

No one wrote:
High School Ball is almost here!

In Calgary, it looks like there is no clear cut favourite this year and there will be a lot of strong teams! I believe that any of the 6 teams below can win on any given night!

BOB - Very strong Gr. 11 core: Lightening quick PG, SG can shoot the lights out, two dynamic scoring wings
Mary's - Very deep team at all positions, strong Gr. 11s (dynamic guards) coupled with solid Gr. 12s (great big, very solid wing and possibly a dynamic scoring PG/SG)
Western - Best PG in Calgary along with a solid all around team (Great Shooters)
Lacombe - On paper, should be the best team in my opinion, great length, athleticism and talent at all positions, arguably the best player in Calgary
SWC - Returning most of their team from last year I believe, great size/athleticism in the front court
McNally - Solid guards (Gr. 11 and 12) but I feel they won't be a top contender this year. However, McNally will probably prove me wrong and perform at a high level as usually!

Although I think Lacombe has the most talent, I have a feeling Western is going to surprise this year!

Any other teams to look out for or thoughts? Feel free to disagree also! I grew up watching/coaching a lot of these kids so I'm super excited to watch this season!

How is Edmonton and the South looking this year?

Edmonton is Harry Ainlays to lose. They only graduated 2 players ( relatively low-impact guards ) and they lost a decent player to a transfer this year (Kade P.). They return provincial U17 players in Sabry P, and Brandon M, and they are going to be very deep in positions 1-4. The only potential weakness I see in their line-up is a lack of a solid big man-- but they will probably run their 5 out offence and their #5 man will be an excellent shooter and player. Ainlay will run and shoot opponents into the ground. If their 3s are falling, they will be very tough to beat by an Albertan team. If they have a sub-par shooting game and they run into a team with some talented size, they could have issues. I dont think anyone else in Edmonton will be able to match up with Ainlay this year talent-wise--Shep probably will have the athletes to compete, I am just not sure they are talented enough. The REB tourney in Edmonton will feature JP, O Leary, Ainlay, LCI, Father Lacombe, BOB, St Marys as well as 2 american teams and 2 Ontario teams--the results of that tourney will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017-2018 4A Boys Predictions   

Back to top Go down

2017-2018 4A Boys Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1