HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2017-18 4A Girls Predictions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Same as guys - I just copied this over to the main thread:

4A Girls Ranking #1

1 JP
2 PK
3 BC
4 Magrath
5 LCI
6 Cenn
7 Western
8 Cardston
9 SACH
10 Foothills
HM ST Mary, Chestermere, Leduc, Raymond, Archbishop McDonald

My thoughts based on what I've seen & what others have conveyed:

1.  JP & Kane are about right.  Both strong.  I still think Kane has a higher ceiling.
2.  Carroll is too high.  They're strong, but Centennial looks better.
3.  Magrath deserves a ranking.  Their LCI game will sort out whether they belong above them.
4.  Big drop off from top 6 to Western.  Better with Claire (Grade 12 post) back, but I don't see them beating top 6.
5.  Not much to say after that...  8-10 and HMs look fair.  Maybe Raymond cracks the top 10? Maybe Francis or Med Hat could get an HM?  I don't know about Archbishop MacDonald - have they beat anyone good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trifecta3

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 pm

This weekend’s notable results:

#2 Paul Kane def #10 Foothills by 13
#4 Magrath def #9 SACHS by 16
#4 Magrath def HM Raymond by 17
#5 LCI def #4 Magrath by 2
#5 LCI def #7 Western by 5
#8 Cardston def #2 Paul Kane by 18
#8 Cardston def HM St Marys by 17
#8 Cardston def NR Aberhart by 1
#9 SACHS def #3 Bishop Carroll by 4
HM Raymond def #3 Bishop Carroll by 2
HM Raymond def #7 Western by 8
NR Aberhart def #10 Foothills by 12

If new rankings came out today, the South would have 4 in the top 10 and 3 in the top 5. Western’s tournament this week with LCI and JP in the draw will be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:27 pm

trifecta3 wrote:

If new rankings came out today, the South would have 4 in the top 10 and 3 in the top 5.  Western’s tournament this week with LCI and JP in the draw will be very interesting.

Things to consider - where we these games played? Home games for South teams are totally different than playing in Calgary or Edmonton. Further, I'd ask about line-ups - there's been some tournament games where key players have been missing for certain teams.

Still, the South is certainly looking strong... and I stand by my assertion that Carroll & Western in Calgary may be ranked too high.

No interesting games in Calgary this week... In Edmonton, Leduc plays MacDonald & Kane. Should help determine who the 4th team in Edmonton is. Cardston vs Raymond in the South...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlbertaBall

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:08 pm

What's up with these Raymond girls? Why are they only ranked an HM?!?

They're undefeated in League play.

They've beat:
Beat #4 Magrath by 9
Beat #5 LCI by 41
Beat #8 Cardston by 10
Beat #3 BC by 2
Beat #7 Western by 8 and then by 5 again.
Beat #1 JP by 1 in the opening round of Western Canada tournament.

If beating 4 of the top 5 teams in the province doesn't boost your ranking up to at least #2 if not #1, then I don't know what will. I think the Province has got a new front-runner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Raymond is playing great. Prior to the last rankings, they had a 5 point loss to Foothills, a 20 point loss to Cardston and a 6 point loss to LCI.

Last weekend they lost to Magrath in the LCI tournament by 17, and then LCI beat Magrath in the final.

I don't envy the rankers job in this next round of rankings. Everything is literally up in the air considering these last two weekends. Many teams have key players missing, but I'm not sure if the rankers take that into account or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsab

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Results from 2nd ranking period will make this the most difficult period to rank in recent memory as differing styles have meant that match-ups are giving conflicting and sometimes surprising results. Raymond girls will move up considerably, based on last few weeks, yet they lost by 30 in final of RIT yesterday to BC. With them moving up to the top 10, someone has to go down out of the top 10, and I think it will be Foothills.

Very competitive year across the whole province and the different styles (i.e zone vs man), have made it interesting to watch. I think that the 3 big zones each have 3 very strong teams (might have to say 4 now in the South), and then there is considerable drop off after that. The question is if the 4th and 5th teams in one of these big zones are better than the 4th and 5th place teams in the other big zones--this will be key in ultimately deciding who gets the wild cards for provincials.

Rankings posted on Friday-- will be interesting to see, but ultimately, while they are important for awarding provincial wildcards to specific zones, that isnt relevant under the March 1 ranking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 pm

oldman wrote:
trifecta3 wrote:

If new rankings came out today, the South would have 4 in the top 10 and 3 in the top 5.  Western’s tournament this week with LCI and JP in the draw will be very interesting.

Things to consider - where we these games played?  Home games for South teams are totally different than playing in Calgary or Edmonton.  Further, I'd ask about line-ups - there's been some tournament games where key players have been missing for certain teams.

Still, the South is certainly looking strong...  and I stand by my assertion that Carroll & Western in Calgary may be ranked too high.

No interesting games in Calgary this week...  In Edmonton, Leduc plays MacDonald & Kane.  Should help determine who the 4th team in Edmonton is.  Cardston vs Raymond in the South...

I guess the weekend's results just add to what's been said...

Raymond looked great beating JP & Western, but were dominated by Carroll. Carroll has looked unimpressive of late, but beating Chestemere, LCI & a 30 point win over Raymond speaks volumes. Just as I say they're not so good, they make me look like a putz.

Raymond is definitely in the mix, but the rankings are tough. So many teams play up or play down depending on their competition, injuries, fouls, chemistry, etc... and any team in the top 6 can beat each other. I also maintain that location plays a big role. Games in the South can be really tough - the home crowd gives a big advantage to Cardston/Raymond/Magrath.

Big games in Calgary this week:

Francis vs Mary's tonight.
Western vs Centennial tomorrow.

Big games in Edmonton this week:

Kane vs SACHS
Kane vs JP
Leduc vs SACHS

Big games in the South this week:

LCI vs Cardston
LCI vs Magrath

Will they be in time for the next ranking?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: girls rankings    Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm

here is my guess at the second girls ranking
1. JP overall still best record
2. Magrath two loses and have beat both teams they have lost to
3. Bishop Carrol weird time frame to figure out good wins and also some loses
4. Raymond as impressive amount of wins as anybody in this time frame
5. Paul Kane bad lost to Cardston still good team
6 LCI not much between any team in the top this year it seems
7. Cenntenial don't know what tournaments they have been in other than own and JP so not a lot of results to go on suppose to maybe be best team in Calgary though
8. Cardston pretty good team but look like 4 in south this year
9. SACHS getting healthy but results don't show that they belong above other teams yet
10. Western look like the team that is the marker point
HM Leduc, St Marys, Foothills, Chestermere, Med Hat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trifecta3

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:14 am

Westwind’s guess is about what I would have guessed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldman

PostSubject: My guess at rankings   Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 pm

This is what I think it should be, but I predict it will look a little different.

1. JP - still look good, but not head and shoulders ahead.
2. Raymond - Much better than I thought.
3. Centennial - I still think they're the power in Calgary.
4. Magrath - Geez the South is strong this year.
5. Carroll - Better, but still inconsistent.
6. LCI - How crazy is it that a team as strong as LCI is 6?
7. Kane - How crazy is it that a team as strong as Kane is 7?
8. Cardston - Not consistently as strong as Raymond, Magrath or LCI, but still can beat anyone.
9. SACHS - Darkhorse, but beatable by top 7-8
10. Western - Still solid, but can't keep up with Centennial or Carroll. Could get beat by Mary's.

HM - Foothills, Leduc, St. Mary's, one more?

Both Foothills & Chestemere look like they're falling off, and I still don't understand how Archbishop McDonald got a HM. Med Hat is not on par with the top 4 in the South. Maybe Aberhart or Francis could get the last HM?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: rankings    Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 pm

yeah I should have put abe and St. Francis as the other HM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Centennial just beat Western in league play in Calgary, and Kane beat SACHS & Leduc in Edmonton. It's too late for the next rankings, but...

Upcoming notables:

Calgary:
Next week:
Francis vs Abe (call it the HM Bowl)
Centennial vs Carroll
BoB tournament has some decent teams (Centennial, Abe, Francis, Foothills)

Edmonton:
JP vs Kane tonight
Next week:
JP vs SACHS
Kane vs MacDonald
Leduc vs SACHS

South:
Magrath vs LCI tonight
Cardston vs Magrath this weekend
Raymond vs Cardston next week

It's so busy this time of year, half of it comes down to momentum & who stays healthy. Provincials should be great this year, after the 'coronations' of the last two seasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: actually rankings    Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:11 pm

1 Jasper Place, Edmonton Edmonton Metro
2 Bishop Carroll, Calgary Calgary
3 Magrath School, Magrath South
4 Paul Kane High, St. Albert Edmonton Metro
5 Raymond High, Raymond South
6 Lethbridge Collegiate Institute, Lethbridge South
7 Centennial High School, Calgary Calgary
8 Cardston High, Cardston South
9 Western Canada, Calgary Calgary
10 St. Albert Catholic High, St. Albert Edmonton Metro
Honorable Mentions
Foothills Composite, Okotoks South Central
Leduc Composite, Leduc Edmonton Metro
William Aberhart, Calgary Calgary
St. Mary (Calgary), Calgary Calgary
Medicine Hat High, Medicine Hat south
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:16 pm

BC surprised me being second but overall considering the mess looks pretty good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:48 pm

westwind Bball wrote:
1 Jasper Place, Edmonton Edmonton Metro
2 Bishop Carroll, Calgary Calgary
3 Magrath School, Magrath South
4 Paul Kane High, St. Albert Edmonton Metro
5 Raymond High, Raymond South
6 Lethbridge Collegiate Institute, Lethbridge South
7 Centennial High School, Calgary Calgary
8 Cardston High, Cardston South
9 Western Canada, Calgary Calgary
10 St. Albert Catholic High, St. Albert Edmonton Metro
Honorable Mentions
Foothills Composite, Okotoks South Central
Leduc Composite, Leduc Edmonton Metro
William Aberhart, Calgary Calgary
St. Mary (Calgary), Calgary Calgary
Medicine Hat High, Medicine Hat south

Thoughts:

This is great. Top 7 is a crap-shoot. Provincials will be wild.

I still think Carroll is not as strong as Centennial, but they're getting into better tournaments, so that's probably helped them. I might put Raymond in top 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsab

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:50 am

I think the provincial top 10 are very competitive and I wouldnt even really consider it an upset if any of those 10 beat any of the others above them. SACHS beat JP last night (enter Edmonton playoffs as the #1 seed), and I dont consider that an upset-- SACHS has finally been able to stay healthy and they can beat anyone in the province. Raymond has beaten JP. BC has beaten Raymond and beat Cent handily in league play tonight. I literally think the final rankings going into provincials will prove that there is good parity across the province this year. The remarkable thing about this year, is that as talented as the teams are and as evenly matched as they are, many of the top programs are very young. JP has 7 grade 10s, SACHS only has 2 grade 12s, PK has 8 returners for next year, and some of the most talented players in the rest of the province are young (i.e Ejim @ BC). Provincials this year and the next couple should be very interesting and entertaining--- I get to see a lot of basketball across Alberta and one thing that does surprise me is that I dont hear the non-Edmonton zone teams talking too much about the player movement in the Edmonton zone. JP literally has over half of their team that does not live in Edmonton, and PK and SACHS both have Team Alberta athletes that dont live near their towns playing on their teams. Those Edmonton zone teams have obviously built excellent programs and are able to attract good talent-- will be interesting to see what wins at provincials--stacked teams build partially from player movement (Edmonton zone), cohesive teams that have players who have played together in similar systems for years (South zone--Magrath has quietly beaten Cardston, Raymond, SACHS) or will one of the top programs in Calgary (BC, Cent, West) be crowned provincial champs this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:07 pm

hoopsab wrote:
one thing that does surprise me is that I dont hear the non-Edmonton zone teams talking too much about the player movement in the Edmonton zone. JP literally has over half of their team that does not live in Edmonton, and PK and SACHS both have Team Alberta athletes that dont live near their towns playing on their teams. Those Edmonton zone teams have obviously built excellent programs and are able to attract good talent-- will be interesting to see what wins at provincials--stacked teams build partially from player movement (Edmonton zone), cohesive teams that have players who have played together in similar systems for years (South zone--Magrath has quietly beaten Cardston, Raymond, SACHS) or will one of the top programs in Calgary (BC, Cent, West) be crowned provincial champs this year.

I'm not in Edmonton, so I don't really know, but it always looks dubious to me. If I coached at one of the other 4A Edmonton schools, I think it would really frustrate me that girls from out of area were all going to certain schools. As a result, JP, Kane, & SACHS are always super-stacked. I don't think it actually helps Edmonton; they don't get as many competitive league games as the South or Calgary. I also wonder if it's good for the athletes; shouldn't they go to a school in their community (some girls come from the opposite end of town, or even from another town)? I think they've lost their way - these are High School teams. Club should be where the athletes all 'stack' together. School should be about playing for your school. And saying all this, it kinda happens in Calgary too, but not to the same extent. (Calgary has too much club involvement in school programs.) It's not an easy fix, and I'm not even sure where they should start, but the system seems a little wonky right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:12 pm

oldman wrote:

Upcoming notables:

Calgary:
Next week:
Centennial vs Carroll

Edmonton:
JP vs Kane tonight
Next week:
JP vs SACHS
Kane vs MacDonald
Leduc vs SACHS

South:
Magrath vs LCI tonight

Results from above:
CALGARY
Abe beat Francis pretty handily.
Carroll beat Centennial clearly. Yvonne Ejim is really a force.
BoB Tourney - Francis beat Foothills, Centennial beat Francis & won the tourney. Abe didn't do well... (???)
Carroll beat Francis yesterday

Last games before playoffs tonight:
Mary's vs Western
Centennial vs Abe

Looks like Carroll & Centennial have the 1-2 seeds, winner of Mary's/Western gets 3, loser gets 4. Abe should be 5 unless they beat Centennial, and Francis is 6. 1vs8 & 2vs7 look to be the only sure things in the frist round...

EDMONTON
JP beat Kane
SACHS beat JP (!!!)
Kane beat McDonald
SACHS beat Leduc

Playoffs have begun...
Pretty predictable:
JP, Kane, SACHS & Leduc all advanced (4 provincial spots?). Big SF games tomorrow...

SOUTH
LCI beat Magrath
Cardston beat Magrath
Raymond beat Cardston
LCI beat Cardston
Magrath beat Raymond

How the heck are we supposed to make sense of that? They all take turn beating each other... scratch
How will the South provincial spots go with Med Hat hosting?

...and rankings? I have no idea. Health & momentum are going to be everything going into provincials.

My guess:

1. JP
2. Carroll
3. LCI
4. SACHS
5. Magrath
6. Centennial
7. Raymond
8. Kane
9. Western
10. Cardston

HM - Leduc, Mary's, Abe, Foothills, Med Hat

...but I really don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:27 pm

oldman wrote:
oldman wrote:

Upcoming notables:

Calgary:
Next week:
Centennial vs Carroll

Edmonton:
JP vs Kane tonight
Next week:
JP vs SACHS
Kane vs MacDonald
Leduc vs SACHS

South:
Magrath vs LCI tonight

Results from above:
CALGARY
Abe beat Francis pretty handily.
Carroll beat Centennial clearly.  Yvonne Ejim is really a force.
BoB Tourney - Francis beat Foothills, Centennial beat Francis & won the tourney. Abe didn't do well...  (???)
Carroll beat Francis yesterday

Last games before playoffs tonight:
Mary's vs Western
Centennial vs Abe

Looks like Carroll & Centennial have the 1-2 seeds, winner of Mary's/Western gets 3, loser gets 4.  Abe should be 5 unless they beat Centennial, and Francis is 6.  1vs8 & 2vs7 look to be the only sure things in the frist round...

EDMONTON
JP beat Kane
SACHS beat JP (!!!)
Kane beat McDonald
SACHS beat Leduc

Playoffs have begun...
Pretty predictable:
JP, Kane, SACHS & Leduc all advanced (4 provincial spots?).  Big SF games tomorrow...

SOUTH
LCI beat Magrath
Cardston beat Magrath
Raymond beat Cardston
LCI beat Cardston
Magrath beat Raymond

How the heck are we supposed to make sense of that?  They all take turn beating each other...  scratch
How will the South provincial spots go with Med Hat hosting?

...and rankings? I have no idea.  Health & momentum are going to be everything going into provincials.

My guess:

1. JP
2. Carroll
3. LCI
4. SACHS
5. Magrath
6. Centennial
7. Raymond
8. Kane
9. Western
10. Cardston

Cardston also beat LCI a week earlier. pretty tough to put them at 10 when they have wins against LCI and Magrath recently and have a win against Kane. If LCI is a 3 Cardston can't be a 10 in my opinion. They are much closer so you've either got LCI too high, or Cardston too low. or Both. Either way, the south is tough, of those 4 teams it will certainly come down to who is playing well come zones because any of those 4 could take the south. It's a shame that it looks as though one of them will be sitting out provincials as it is likely the south will get 3 berths plus the host Med Hat. All very good teams that could go deep in provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: south zones    Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:46 pm

one of the issues is how injuries have affected everything LCI dealt with injuries during Feb than Magrath has been without there best player in the Payne girl at the end of the lci girls championship and didn't return till this weekend same with SACHS not having the morris girl till the week of the LCI tournament good news seems to be most of the teams seem pretty healthy now so zones should tell us where things stand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:36 am

[quote="oldman"]
oldman wrote:

My guess:

1. JP
2. Carroll
3. LCI
4. SACHS
5. Magrath
6. Centennial
7. Raymond
8. Kane
9. Western
10. Cardston

Actual 3rd rankings:

1 Bishop Carroll, Calgary
2 Jasper Place, Edmonton
3 Lethbridge Collegiate Institute, Lethbridge
4 Magrath School, Magrath
5 Paul Kane High, St. Albert
6 Centennial High School, Calgary
7 Raymond High, Raymond
8 St. Albert Catholic High, St. Albert
9 Cardston High, Cardston
10 Western Canada, Calgary
Honorable Mentions
Leduc Composite, Leduc
St. Mary (Calgary), Calgary
William Aberhart, Calgary
Foothills Composite, Okotoks
Medicine Hat High, Medicine Hat

...guess I wasn't too far off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trifecta3

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:01 pm

I was surprised to see JP drop, but Carroll has been very good lately. JP is my pick to win Provincials with Carroll and Centennial close behind.

PK at #5 is weird given losses by a wide margin to #9 Cardston in early Feb at St. Mary's tournament and then losses to #10 Western (even bigger margin) and #6 Centennial during the ranking period. Ranking PK above Centennial makes no sense. If PL was ranked 3rd in Edmonton, PK would be ranked #10 because they got solidly beaten by Cardston and Western. This should get fixed in seeding for Provincials which should take into account the final results from Edmonton playoffs where JP and SACHS are in the final.

Western is fine at #10, but a case can be made for St. Mary's who won head to head this week.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ball456

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:24 am

trifecta3 wrote:
I was surprised to see JP drop, but Carroll has been very good lately.  JP is my pick to win Provincials with Carroll and Centennial close behind.

PK at #5 is weird given losses by a wide margin to #9 Cardston in early Feb at St. Mary's tournament and then losses to #10 Western (even bigger margin) and #6 Centennial during the ranking period.  Ranking PK above Centennial makes no sense.  If PL was ranked 3rd in Edmonton, PK would be ranked #10 because they got solidly beaten by Cardston and Western.  This should get fixed in seeding for Provincials which should take into account the final results from Edmonton playoffs where JP and SACHS are in the final.

Western is fine at #10, but a case can be made for St. Mary's who won head to head this week.

Some of these rankings don't make a ton of sense to me either. It really has been a bit of a crap shoot though. The consistency just hasn't quite been there from many teams. I could make the case for or against quite a few of the teams in the top ten for them to be either a spot or two higher or lower. I tend to think that there's a bit of give and take going on. Don't want to block a bunch of calgary teams or south teams together and so they spread em out like they did in this ranking. Ultimately the zone and city championships will clear things up and give a better final ranking going into provincials. It'll be a fun two weeks though, there are many girls teams that could make a run at it if someone gets on a hot streak. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:55 pm

oldman wrote:
Calgary girls:

Carroll vs Grandin: Carroll easily.
Western vs Abe: Abe has actually impressed me more than Western of late. Abe.
Mary's vs Francis: These teams match well. Mary's by a hair.
Cent vs Thirsk: Blowout for Centennial

Carroll vs Abe - Carroll will cruise.
Cent vs Mary's - Centennial

Carroll vs Centennial - I still like Centennial, but Carroll has stepped up recently. Still, I'm picking the 'upset'. Centennial.

Provincial spots:
Carroll, Centennial, Mary's, Abe.

So Carroll didn't dominate Grandin, but still won. It's funny - I've seen them look unbeatable, and I've also seen them doze through games.
Western killed Abe. Does anyone know why? Should've been closer.
Mary's handled Francis pretty easily. Francis was missing their best shooter.
Centennial as expected crushed Thirsk

Carroll vs Western - Carroll should step up and cruise. Western is not in the same class.
Centennial vs Mary's - Mary's is good, but I still like Centennial.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:14 pm

oldman wrote:
oldman wrote:
Calgary girls:

Carroll vs Grandin: Carroll easily.
Western vs Abe: Abe has actually impressed me more than Western of late. Abe.
Mary's vs Francis: These teams match well. Mary's by a hair.
Cent vs Thirsk: Blowout for Centennial

Carroll vs Abe - Carroll will cruise.
Cent vs Mary's - Centennial

Carroll vs Centennial - I still like Centennial, but Carroll has stepped up recently. Still, I'm picking the 'upset'. Centennial.

Provincial spots:
Carroll, Centennial, Mary's, Abe.

So Carroll didn't dominate Grandin, but still won.  It's funny - I've seen them look unbeatable, and I've also seen them doze through games.
Western killed Abe.  Does anyone know why?  Should've been closer.
Mary's handled Francis pretty easily.  Francis was missing their best shooter.
Centennial as expected crushed Thirsk

Carroll vs Western - Carroll should step up and cruise.  Western is not in the same class.
Centennial vs Mary's - Mary's is good, but I still like Centennial.

Carroll is so funny. They beat Western last night, but not convincingly.
Centennial dispatched with Mary's.

Carroll vs Centennial city finals. Could go anyway. Carroll could dominate, it could be close, or Centennial could take it.

Western & Mary's are both quality teams, but I don't see them knocking off the top 6 or so teams in provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017-18 4A Girls Predictions   

Back to top Go down

2017-18 4A Girls Predictions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next