HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Contenders for AA and AAA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bellbasketball

PostSubject: Contenders for AA and AAA   Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:27 pm

Even though the season is just about to tip off there are some fan fav's and teams expected to have great seasons who are those teams in their respective categories?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 am

Not in order but for AAA/AAAA I would say the following 3 teams are early season favourites in their respective divisions:

West
SRB, Sacred Heart, Earl of March - Pius and Bell are definitely capable of beating any of these teams but I limited myself to top three early. This list could easily change.

East
Hillcrest, Nepean, and St. Pats - St. Matts is likely in the mix as well. Colonel By has talent and should be in there somewhere too.

A/AA

Top three would have to be Ashbury, LBP, and St. Paul. Immaculata will likely be there as well but I have yet to see them play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:45 pm

I would agree with the top 4 for AA, but replace Immaculata with Notre Dame. Ashbury has Jean and Zack, St Paul has Craig Peloso (spelling?) and Kyle #23 and a pretty good post #4. I think his name is Brendan. LBP came second to SRB in the ref's tournament, only losing by 6, and have Johnny who may be one of the top shooters in the city, Archual, and Darren P. And from what I know, Notre Dame has Peter and Claudio, and maybe some fifth year players, not sure.

My top teams in AAA would be SRB; apparently grade 10 Farhan has been playing really well, so it will be exciting to see him play. Bell who return Josh S, and also have Mohammed Soloman (I think that's his last name), and add Sham M from AY. Sacred have Sean, Vik and Rob, no need to explain why they're good, as well as Colonel By with Omar and Mehdi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:04 pm

issent mohomeed soliman in louis reil or somthing he was in the junior all-star game last year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:50 pm

baller29 wrote:
issent mohomeed soliman in louis reil or somthing he was in the junior all-star game last year

I think the guy playing for bell is mohammed salamei or somthing like that he's in grade 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:01 am

You are right that Notre Dame deserves some consideration too. Do they have their big guys back this year? I don't think that I would take Immaculata out of the conversation. I watched them play Sacred Heart on Thursday and though they lost by ten, the score was within 5 pts almost the entire game until they started fouling at the end. Immaculata is very athletic and can shoot a bit. Once they start working together, they will be difficult to beat. They are definitely in the conversation of teams to watch out for in AA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xavier Rimrocker

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:43 am

In 2005, Pearson started off with a bang, making it to the final of the Bill Wren tournament. They upset St. Pete's and St. Matt's along the way. Did they maintain the momentum and contend in the playoffs that year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellbasketball

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 am

I do not know about that but I believe that they defeated another strong team in immaculata at the bill wren classic which proves they can contend and will say that ashbury and immac with lbp are likely the top 3 with possibly stpaul squeezing mac out of it. whats so great about each of these teams if anyone has a breakdown?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:19 am

I have only seen each team once thus far but here is my early break down:

Ashbury: two main guys that are about 6'5" and can handle the ball. Their team will go as far as these two can take them. They have solid finish around the net and can hit the outside shot. Their team defense is solid and they are quite fundamental. The other players on the court for Ashbury play their role and the ball always seems to go through one of their two big men before someone shoots.

Immaculata: They have one nice post player who they could use a little more in the post IMO. Their guards are athletic and can shoot a bit. They also have a nice slasher in #21. If they start using each other more, take care of defensive boards, and hit foul shots (the main difference between them and Sacred Heart in the game I saw) they will be tough to stop.

Pearson: the most athletic of the three teams. They have a nice combination of size (Lual) and speed (#10 and #14). They can shoot very well from beyond and they get after offensive rebounds hard. If they continue to improve, they have to be considered the favourites going into the season for AA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellbasketball

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:59 pm

I see Immaculata being well and its good to hear they compete every single year with different players # 21 is Jabez I believe, and with Ashbury there post players are great in my eyes but there only issue is there guard play and with pearson #14 is daren and #10 is johny which make them a solid group with Lual down low and sleepers are st.paul with criag there still a good bunch that can improve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
str8gimwt

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:55 pm

WHAT ABOUT SINGLE A?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 pm

single A is probably Ashbury's to lose. Deslauriers has played some teams tough this season, but Ashbury likely has too much size for them. Louis Riel is decent as well so it will be interesting to see who plays Ashbury in the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
str8gimwt

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:22 am

What about Ottawa Islamic do u hve any info on them? are they gud?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:07 am

They are very athletic and have some talent to work with but they tend to individualize way too much to have a chance against teams like Ashbury. Actually, I thought at the end of last year that they may be more of a threat this season because they played some very good teams tough but perhaps they lost some key guys?? I believe that they played Deslauriers tough in the National Capital tournament just one week ago and Deslauriers is likely the second best team in single A, though Louis Riel is capable of pulling off an upset in their semi-final matchup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
str8gimwt

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:17 pm

who does ois have this season or right now who are there key players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lbj23*

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:56 pm

DLRS i not the 2nd best team in A...we (louis-riel) kick their butts in the season by 20...and as for OIS they only have a one good player...and we also kicked their butts....LR IS PLAYING IN THE FINALS AGAINNST ASHBURY TUESDAY FREB. 23rd...be THERE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contenders for AA and AAA   Today at 5:28 am

Back to top Go down

Contenders for AA and AAA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: Ontario :: NCSSAA-
Jump to: