HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:26 pm

Heard today that changes are coming in the North for High School Hoops
Neil Smith has stepped down as coach of the DRHS boys and Tyler Gideon (former Condor and assistant with Sugarloaf this year) is taking over the boys team.

Top teams in AAA Northeast , should be BMHS , RHS and BHS

Top in Southwest should be FHS , KVHS .St Stephen .
In the AA Northeast Sugarloaf will be hard to beat , with everybody back from last ys championship team. I heard that a spring exhibition game between Campbellton (made up of next yrs sshs players) and Jacquet River (team made up of next yrs drhs players ) was won by Jacquet River by 5 pts . Both teams will be tough to beat in AA next yr.
Harvey , MacAdam , DP, GM should duke it out in the SW conference...
What are your predictions..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Other news / rumour out of the North for AA. Looks Daley will not be returning to DRHS next year. Not sure of his destination (rumours are either BHS or PEI) but it is almost certain that he will not be a Condor next year. With him DRHS would have been a strong contendor to go to the AC (or is it HS), without him they will still be a good team that evryone will need to take seriously but will be more of a long shot for the big dance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:35 am

Even without Daley, I predict DRHS and SSHS in the final. Harvey and McAdam along with Devon Park should be the top 5 teams in AA. Heard that the coach from DPark has gone to Leo Hayes? If Daley goes to BHS they are going to be real tough to beat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:59 pm

AAA - Boys

Bathurst will be solid but not great, though a pick up like Daley and or any other of the stronger kids from Dalhousie or Sugarloaf good jump them into contention.

Fredericton and Leo Hayes should be contenders again.

KVHS should be the top of South and Riverview or Bernice McNaughton could make noise out of the east.

AAA - Girls

Riverview loses some punch but still has more then enough to make another run.

Fredericton and Woodstock should both be tough our of the west.

KV and Sussex should both be young but strong in the south.

AA - Boys

SSHS will need to be beaten before anyone else can be considered the favorite.

DRHS should be right there too with or without Daley.

McAdam has the offensive punch left to be in the hunt, and Harvey's defense will keep them in every game.

DP has enough coming back to be toughest in the west again though if they've lost their coach that is a huge blow.

JMA, GM, Petti, Fundy are all possible to make a run by the end of the year though they need prove they are at the level of the others.

AA - Girls

Tobique Valley and Southern Vic would appear to be in a pretty tight two horse race.

Rothesay Netherwood has enough coaching and flexibity in the their team from year to year to be able to compete.

If Gillis were to somehow end up back and DP and they could find enough kids to build a team around her they could be competitive again.

Other then that unless there is someone in the NE I'm not aware of it appears to be a fairly down year in AA girls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:41 pm

I heard that DP will not be fielding a girls team this coming season and that Gillis will suit up with the boys squad....now that will be interesting...I am thinking she can hold her own in AA boys ..... will be interesting to see , if it does happen...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: JMA Girls   Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Just to let you all know, now that Bru has retired, I have decided to move back to the girls permanently. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

CoachDJR wrote:
AAA - Boys

Bathurst will be solid but not great, though a pick up like Daley and or any other of the stronger kids from Dalhousie or Sugarloaf good jump them into contention.

Fredericton and Leo Hayes should be contenders again.

KVHS should be the top of South and Riverview or Bernice McNaughton could make noise out of the east.

AAA - Girls

Riverview loses some punch but still has more then enough to make another run.

Fredericton and Woodstock should both be tough our of the west.

KV and Sussex should both be young but strong in the south.

AA - Boys

SSHS will need to be beaten before anyone else can be considered the favorite.

DRHS should be right there too with or without Daley.

McAdam has the offensive punch left to be in the hunt, and Harvey's defense will keep them in every game.

DP has enough coming back to be toughest in the west again though if they've lost their coach that is a huge blow.

JMA, GM, Petti, Fundy are all possible to make a run by the end of the year though they need prove they are at the level of the others.

AA - Girls

Tobique Valley and Southern Vic would appear to be in a pretty tight two horse race.

Rothesay Netherwood has enough coaching and flexibity in the their team from year to year to be able to compete.

If Gillis were to somehow end up back and DP and they could find enough kids to build a team around her they could be competitive again.

Other then that unless there is someone in the NE I'm not aware of it appears to be a fairly down year in AA girls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:47 am

Hope you have a great year next year CoachMac, you will be missed in the boys division!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:48 am

I don't know where all these wild rumours are coming from but this is crazy lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 am

Thanks, Boas. Had a great year, last year, but super pumped looking forward to this year.

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Hope you have a great year next year CoachMac, you will be missed in the boys division!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:19 am

AA boys contenders for next year.

Sugarloaf-Alot returning, look out! Thye should be the team to beat.

Dalhousie-Not sure about these guys, to early to tell how they will be without Daley.

Devon Park-Lots returning here to, I'd say we will see them at Harbour station in the tier 2 final...OOPS, to early to say tier 2?

McAdam-Great core returning, fun to watch.

Central NB Academy- Only losing 2, should pick up a couple players with the merger of the 2 schools. Lost a great player but still lots here to contend.

JMA-Same story, not losing much, if they stay healthy and avoid suspension, they will be around in February.

Petty-Should be tough, lost a great player but still have lots of skill and an awesome coach.

Harvey-They seem to always be tough.

That's all for now but I'm sure things will continue to change
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:09 pm

AAA boys : FHS and Leo Hayes will both be in contention as usual , KV and Riverview should round out the top four.
AAA Girls : Riverview should be 1 followed by Woodstock , FHS and Leo Hayes . Rothsay could sneak in there also .
AA Boys : If everyone stays put ! Sugarloaf 1 , followed by Devon, Dalhousie and Harvey
AA Girls : Tobique number 1 with no one really close . RNS , Caladonia and Southern Victoria rounding out the top four .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:22 am

How could Bathurst not be considered a potential top 4 in AAA....States should be one of the toughest match ups in the Province and Robichaud is one of the top guards. If Daley lands there, they should easily be top 4, maybe even the team to beat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHCWDBOT

PostSubject: BHS   Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:51 am

BHS is a lock to win it all next year for sure...oh hold on ...Daley enrolled at BHS yet? Lafleur not very good or as dynamic as States? Some kid named Wilkins can shoot the ball I heard? Hickey n McAloon sure to be out coached by others in AAA?

Bathurst will be very good and top 4 but methinks Leo Hayes is Hungry after a disappointing loss to FHS in Regional Final...Riverview is sleeper if MacDonald kid has his surgery early enough to play in 2010 - 2011. MacNaughton and KV will have skill but must show grit and mental toughness down the stretch ...this has been their demise in years past...especially KV given the talent they have had in their program over the years. FHS supposedly will have down year losing a ton of talent this year...This will be a real coaching challenge for Coach Wright as they will have to improve to make a run.

Can St Stephen be a contender?...Big for sure and well Coached in post play ...The problem is the point guard position and their ability to deal with pressure...Will be in the running no doubt...

Any AAA teams not mentioned that can take a legitimate run?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:59 am

McAloon is staying put, where'd this rumour come from? Why do we post rumours anyway? Let's get the facts before we go into an alternate universe of predictions for next year.

On a side note if McAloon ever does go AAA, he'd do a great job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHCWDBOT

PostSubject: AAA   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:03 am

True about rumours...Hickey is a great Coach regardless and they work together all year round anyway! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:27 am

much as i don't like to admit it leo hayes is likely to lead the west. especially with fhs getting almost no summer team spots. what's that about? we're used to more to build with. not much north of us with the wdstk grad class. maybe some of those guys need to stay for UPGRADING? south looks like kv should dominate if young guys work out and spurrell gets some sort of maturity. north is easily bhs, one yr older and more mature. they do need a true pg but their bigs are the biggest lineup in nb. states easily as dynamic as lafleur and probably mentally tougher/no quit in him. east though is tougher to guess and i am guessing, that riverview will be the team to beat. they can shoot alittle. dow can't get enough help to put bmhs in the running. actually recruits will make tantramar very interesting this yr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForLoveOfGame

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:41 am

student wrote:
much as i don't like to admit it leo hayes is likely to lead the west. especially with fhs getting almost no summer team spots. what's that about? we're used to more to build with. not much north of us with the wdstk grad class. maybe some of those guys need to stay for UPGRADING? south looks like kv should dominate if young guys work out and spurrell gets some sort of maturity. north is easily bhs, one yr older and more mature. they do need a true pg but their bigs are the biggest lineup in nb. states easily as dynamic as lafleur and probably mentally tougher/no quit in him. east though is tougher to guess and i am guessing, that riverview will be the team to beat. they can shoot alittle. dow can't get enough help to put bmhs in the running. actually recruits will make tantramar very interesting this yr

BHS has the best PG in the province?????? Don't they? Was your comment a joke?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:09 pm

is yours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Robichaud is easily the best point guard in NB, probably followed by Daley and then Sam Goucher of LHHS. In the west I dont actually see FHS being as strong as in provious years, loosing the real heart and soul of there team, they will have to rely on Peter Esson to lead the team.

As for another note in the AAA west rumour has it that Bradley Hovey applied for transfer to OHS meaning they would have him along with returner Jon Ryer, and the rest of there core. OHS improved alot last year meaning another big improvement should be in the coming.

If Daley leaves DRHS I can not see them being very strong, defensively no question they will continue to play hard every posession, but offenseively they will struggle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 am

I agree that a Daley-less Dalhousie will struggle. Neil Smith not returning there also means a change and while it ought to be a relatively good change with Gideon taking over, it still means change/time to get things in order.
If Daley heads to BHS I see them as a real contender obviously (I see them as a contender anyways). Between Daley, Robichaud and States - BHS should have just as much or more fire power as anyone else. It will be very interesting to see how Leo Hayes and BHS played each other next year...Leo Hayes countering with Wilkens, LeFleur and Goucher....
Will KV be able to get in the mix as a potential contender? I have a hard time seeing Spurell ever carrying them there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:02 pm

not meaning to disrespect anyone. but i don't see a pg left in nb with r daley or j daniels skills. just some good workers that just don't have that first step. but hey hard work is good. and m daley would be a big lift that way for bhs, but is he even playing this summer? may not be interested in changing schools. regardless, bhs will be a tough matchup. their length will be biggest factor for their sucess. big defensive potential, offence not so much. fhs will struggle early in the yr but a season of experience will put us in contention late with the early favourite Lh lions. we'll see if r wilkins and his posse can keep their feet on the ground. my idea is fhs and lhhs with bhs and probably rhs for playoffs. kv, sorry but no
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:07 pm

I believe that Matt Daley is playing for the PEI u17 team this summer.

Anyone who ends up with Daley for next year would be lucky. Shooting is at a premium in this province and he can shoot it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Pretty tough on PG's around here. I agree Alex is a great player but I think there are few others out there that could hold their own...
- Richie Wikins (LHHS) is a great shooter and very athletic
- Matt Daley (moving to PEI) physical defender, excellent range and fearless to the basket
- Chris Murray (Riverview) very good shooter with quick first step
- Zac Chambers (KVHS) defensive beast, very quick, much improved shooter

I wouldn't underestimate KVHS or Riverview next year. I think those two plus LHHS and BHS will be the province's top 4 AAA team next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:23 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
I believe that Matt Daley is playing for the PEI u17 team this summer.

Anyone who ends up with Daley for next year would be lucky. Shooting is at a premium in this province and he can shoot it.

Daley is definitely playing in PEI this summer but as it stands right now he will be returning to NB for his senior year most likely (about 99.9% sure) at BHS.

DRHS will be slow out of the gate with a new coach and figuring out the PG situation and how to make up the 20+ points a game they are losing. They will still be a tough team to play but will not be the contender they would have been.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballislife

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:55 pm

If Matt Daley goes to BHS they will be a top cotender. Brad States has a great inside and his outside game has improved. Alex Robichaud is top PG in the province, he can attack the hoop very well. Matt Daley can shoot outside shot and also can run the point. They have Matt Nowlan and Greg Doucet who can pitch in here and there. They should be fun to watch. Now with the new Tier system they should be the team to beat. If you ask me the tier system is ruining the competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Today at 10:58 am

Back to top Go down

2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next