HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Hoosier fan wrote:
Geez I forgot about that Pothier kid, yeah he is a player that can help this team. If I am remembering right he is small, but shoots the ball well and has some pretty good ballhandling skills. Although he is small he doesn't struggle getting to the rim.

I realy hope Frankie comes back, i thought he did a pretty good job with those kids last year. I mean he really only had one post player in Jeremy Ellis. Jordan was there but he was very young and was learning how to compete physically at the senior level.

the pother kid is a lot bigger now , and is playing basketball everyday so what i hear.. jeremy will be gone this year due to graduation, and the post players will be pretty good this year , heard from a couple people that they have been playing a lot..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm not sure that I would say it will for sure go back to 3 tiers there are just too many non sport factors. I do agree that is has worked out better for varsity basketball then it has for other sports. JV sports in general at a AA level are in real trouble (including basketball) and there are even varsity sports where teams can't play AA at all its AAA or nothing.

My best guess would be that you'll see more work done on the tier issue again before you go back to 3 divisions. Not that I have a preference I see pros to all of them, while AD's may not like it anymore then principals liked 3 divisions but there are real issues of travel when you get into interlocked leagues which were the norm in the A, AA, AAA system. I personally am fine with whatever the solution, I would just like to know that there is going to be some consistency at some point in the way things are set up and run so that everyone can move forward building things for a more certain future instead of adapting to constant change.

Sorry did not mean to hijack the thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:37 pm

[quote="Rudas"]
GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Rudas wrote:
Guaranteed we will be moving back to the three tier system. Have spoken to many ADs over the summer and everyone agrees that it has not worked as well as the old system. Basketball may have worked out fine for most teams but most of the other sports did not.

Basketball worked out fine?? I hardly think so....a school of 700 vs. a school of 75 is not the defination of 'working out fine'...but that is just my opinion.

If you go back and READ my post it said for most teams. I know McAdam had a couple of good seasons and they were more than competitive and barring a major injury to a star player each year would have been at the AUC both years. That being said they lost in the regional final first to Bathurst and last year to Sugarloaf...a couple of teams they never would have seen if they were still in A. I would still say the new system had little affect on their very small school.

Hmmm....so, you do not think that McAdam would have had a great chance to win a title or two without Bathurst/Sugarloaf?? And you call that - 'little affect'? OK...

It seems to me there were also a few forfeited games as well....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Mcadam will not be a great force this year but will still be a good team without Andrew Mcgillicuddy, this is moffitt's team, he can't run it by himself.. so we will see how it turns out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Webeballin

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Baller 2010-11 wrote:
My prediction for south is harvey, dp, mcadam , grand manan..
fundy will be weak with only jv players moving up , and there two best graduating
rns will only have jv and will take a year to adapt to the senior level,
campobello should do quite alright against some weaker teams, they will have to wait until next year for them to be somewhat competitive.
mcadam will be a lot weaker with losing andrew , and only having brandon as a scoring option
harvey will be one of the beasts in the south

Although 6 graduated from fundy, they have 10 or so kids coming up that can compete with anyone. I think they'll be Top 3 in the south easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:48 pm

south:
harvey
mcadam
grand manan
fundy
rns
campobello
sjda
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:35 pm

Just off the top of my head...

East
JMA
Petty
Minto
Bonar Law
Caledonia

North
Sugarloaf
Dalhousie
CNBA
ECB

South
McAdam
Harvey
Campo
Fundy
Grand Manan

West
Devon Park
Hartland
Southern Vic
Canterbury

That's just a thought, as the season approaches I'll list reasons why and redo this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:16 pm

South
McAdam
Harvey
Campo
Fundy
Grand Manan

i am just wondering why you have Mcadam ahead of Harvey when Harvey lost one player who wasn't a key player, when Mcadam lost two of their stars... i am also wondering why you have Grand Manan on the bottom of the list , when Campobello lost Ben Beney, Cody Morton, and Alex Carroll, and do not have very good players moving up from JV, and same with fundy , it will take them atleast a year for most of them to develop... Grand Manan has four players moving up from JV... with Zach Pothier being one.. Grand Manan will be in third place this year in the South
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:08 am

with the east, i agree with jma being around the top, minto being around 3rd, caladonia maybe squeezing in there but who does petty have to replace their graduated center and point gaurd??? i cant see them at the top this season. but the biggest question is bonar law?if they even want to win one game this year, they are going to have to learn to keep their cool on the floor. there is a team i believe should be up there, im not gonna say who, you all should know haha

Last edited by celts4 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Where are the Belleisle Bears !!! C'mon Student...you are an 'expert' on 'A' ball.....need your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:30 pm

is RNS putting in a team? or SJDA? and am i correct in saying that the south and east host reigonals this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:44 pm

The answer is yes...to all three questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Rudas wrote:
The answer is yes...to all three questions.

Girls is east, but I don't think the boys are. Of course, I once wrong once before so it could happen again, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:53 pm

If the girls is east then the boys would be north as they try to alternate each year...RNS and SJDA (unfortunately) are in the southern conference schedule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Rudas wrote:
If the girls is east then the boys would be north as they try to alternate each year...RNS and SJDA (unfortunately) are in the southern conference schedule.

We played in Petitcodiac for the boys last year and the girls were at Sugarloaf or Dal, I can't recall which one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
nbball

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:02 pm

any indication if rns will be good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:13 pm

RNS will have their JV team from last year which was mostly a bunch of grade ten kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Predictions 'AA' & 'AAA' Boys varsity Basketball   Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:54 pm

AAA

Northeast

*BHS - Matt Daley's addition to the roster, Alex Robichaud, Brad States
Riverview High School
BMHS
Moncton High School
--------------
TRHS
HTHS
MMHS
L'ecole Odysee

West

LHHS
WHS
*Fredericton High School - Loss of many good stars, I can only see major players and contributors in Daniel Zebarth and Peter Esson. Will definately contend in the top three of the west but i predict them as third
*OHS - With the addition of Bradley Hovey in the line up with Jon Reyer, i will rank them fourth over CNHS. They wont be significant in this conference
----------
CNHS

South

KVHS
SRHS
Rothesay High School
*SJHS - Andrew McGillicuddy in the squad with a very good JV team the previous years, my prediction SJHS will be in play off contention
----------
*St. Stephen High School - Very few good players, there height and post will keep in them in the running
SMMHS
Simonds High School
HVHS
Hampton High School

NBIAA Finalists: LHHS win over WHS

AA

North

Sugarloaf Senior. High School
DRHS
Central NB Academy
Stanley High School
-----------------------
Blackville High School
North & South Esk School
Carrefour Beausoleil School

West

DPCS
Hartland High School
SMA
SVHS
------------
JCHS
NSHS
ESA
Canterbury High School

East

*JMA - Always had a tough team in this conference dont see much potential
MMHS - Good shooters and hard workers, number 2
BRHS - A couple good players, loss of captain John Kearley will hurt. Good Grade 9 center joining the squad.
PHS
----------------
Caledonia
Cambridge Narrows High School
BLHS

South

*Harvey High School - Number one no questions asked, all returning players, this team made a few upsets last year, their aggressive and play very well on defence. Gordan Robinson will dominate, i would like to see anyone in this conference match up to him.
*GMCS - Few key losses this year, addition of best jv players will make this team powerful and tough. Jordan Green, Zach Pothier, and Tanner McLaughlin; three of the teams best and YOUNGEST players this year. Team is made up of decent senior year role players and coached by Frank Russell who wont let the team fall in another disappointing year.
*McAdam High School- Brandon Moffitt best player in the conference, possibly 'AA'. Other than him, the team will be fairly weak, wont be as strong compared to previous years.
*CICS - Good looking starting line-up, will not have depth. They will be play off contenders.
----------------
Fundy High School - Lost three of the teams best players to graduation. Played against and seen them play past years before, only can recall one player who might be somewhat of an asset to this team.
SJDA

NBIAA Finalists: Harvey High School over Sugarloaf Senior. High School
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Didnt SSHS beat Harvey in their summer tournament with only 7 players? and only two of the seven were varsity players if im not mistaken.. My prediction is DRHS vs SSHS at harbour station with SSHS coming out on top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:39 pm

princess wrote:
Didnt SSHS beat Harvey in their summer tournament with only 7 players? and only two of the seven were varsity players if im not mistaken.. My prediction is DRHS vs SSHS at harbour station with SSHS coming out on top.

I think it could go either way, I still think Harvey has what it takes to become champions this year. Dalhousie is out of the question, a lot of ppl overestimate this team just cause there a former 'AAA' team. They will be significant, but i predict they wont even crack the top four
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Harvey definatly has what it takes to win a champion chip this year. Their a fast team who plays excellent defense but SSHS only lost 3 players and none of which were key players, they have Mcnaughton returning whos and allstar and a excellent scorer, Duan Fournier who played U16 this summer i beleive, and a solid big man but im not sure of his name at the moment.. im sticking with sugarloaf as my pick to win it until any AA team beats them.. But either way it should be and exciting season!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 am

Grand Manan should be third or 2nd this year , they have a lot of role players in their system and have John Guptill coaching this year, watch out south .. Grand Manan is wavin in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Baller 2010-11 wrote:
Grand Manan should be third or 2nd this year , they have a lot of role players in their system and have John Guptill coaching this year, watch out south .. Grand Manan is wavin in

I agree with your prediction, but this forum predicted gm would place very high for the past two years. A LOT of the southern teams lost good players and gm lost a few and i think the talent has really dropped this year and gm wont be looking like the team from the past years thats for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:08 pm

I really dont see how you have WHS even being second or making the Finals. They LOST everyone on there team. With no stars returning they are in for a tough year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:29 pm

AA:

North:

1. Sugarloaf- Going to remain Number one until a double A team defeats them.
2. Dalhousie- Will have a strong starting five with lots of experience. I expect them to make it deep into the playoffs.
3. Central N.B Academy- Boistown had a strong team last season and didnt lose many, so with the combination of the two schools id say they will be fairly compeditive.
4. Carrefour Beausoleil School- Hard workers but lost to much to be compeditive this season.
5. ??
6. ??

West:

1. Devon Park- Well coached and a very talented group of kids.
2. Hartland
3. Southern Victoria
4. ??
5. ??

South:

1. Harvey: Strong defensive team and well coached.
2. Macadam: Brandon Moffitt will be there only consistent scorer unless someone steps up.
3. GMCS- Will be compeditive, best scorers will probably be the younger kids coming up from JV.
4. Campobello- Will have a strong strating line up but not dept.
5. ??

East:

1. Armstrong- Will be the best in there confrence but i cant see them doing much else.
2. Minto- Justin Corey cant do it all on his own.
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??

Harbour Station- Dalhousie vs Sugarloaf, Sugarloaf coming out on top.

AAA:

Notheast:

1. Bathurst- Very strong, deep team. Loss Alex Robichaud, but gained daley. They will be the team to beat.
2. Riverview- Very young and quick team, Matt Sears and Jesse Balser should be the leaders of the team.
3. BMHS- They have a strong center piece in Caleb Dow but wont be that strong.
4. Moncton High- Some rebuilding to do but wont be that bad.
5. ??

West:

1. Leo Hayes- Probably the best team in triple A this year but anything can happen.
2. Fredricton High- Lost a lot, wont be as strong as previous years but will still be aroun come playoff time.
3. Oromocto- I heard John Ryer failed and Brad Hovey transfered there so i wouldnt underestimate them.
4. Woodstock- Probably lost the most of any team in triple A, cant see them competing fr a championchip this season.
5. Carelton North- Wont win any games in this confrence.

South:

1. KVHS- Very deep, atheletic team. Only thing holding them back will be atitude.
2. SRHS
3. Rothesay High School
4. SJHS - Andrew McGillicuddy in the squad with a very good JV team the previous years.

Harbour Station- Leo Hayes vs Bathurst, Bathurst wins in a close compeditive game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions   Today at 6:12 pm

Back to top Go down

2010-2011 High School Boys Basketball News/Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next