HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4A Girls Provincials 2018

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldman

PostSubject: 4A Girls Provincials 2018   Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 am

Just thought I'd create a thread for Girl's Provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trifecta3

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Provincials 2018   Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:30 am

For a year when there was lots of movement in the rankings and uncertainty through the season, there have not been many tight games so far in the main draw and no real upsets at Provs. Injuries clearly hurt JP and LCI and made the tourney less competitive, but it is hard to imagine either beating Centennial even healthy. Centennial was dominant in the semi over JP. Carroll was also never threatened by SACHS after the first few minutes of the third quarter. I would bet that Centennial’s depth and superior shooting will be the difference vs Carroll in the final.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldman

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Provincials 2018   Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Congrats to Centennial. Makes me feel smart - I was saying I thought they were good all year (especially compared to Carroll), and they managed to beat Carroll twice in huge games. They could shoot, transition aggressively, & had loads of size inside. Most of all, they just had so much depth. (It certainly helps when they draw athletes from all over South Calgary - Beaverbrook & Wisewood are Div 3, and BoB, Grandin & Scarlett aren't strong anymore. Maybe the two new schools will change things?).

Here's the scary part - both Centennial & Carroll's strength was based on 11s (or 10s on Carroll). There were a couple of key 12s (Carly A or Julia S), but both teams were young. Both these teams could be stronger still next year. Maybe Edmonton schools or the south have some teams like that as well...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Provincials 2018   

Back to top Go down

4A Girls Provincials 2018
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: Alberta-
Jump to: