HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top boys players next season.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:49 pm

south :
Brandon Moffitt( Mcadam)
Brandon Meikle( Devon Park)
Gordon Robinson( Harvey)
Jordan Green( Grand Manan)
Tyler Howlett( Campobello)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:51 pm

celts, i recall harvey's starters rested a fair bit against you... just sayin', and the score wasn't even that close... and even if you did "hold your own" it could have been a bad game on the other teams part... even though they still beat you, or you could have played your best... and still got beat.. so tame yourself before you make yourself sound silly...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:17 pm

well in my opinion, harvey nor us played like we should have. i felt like the game was all over the place. and it was a close game and then harvey pulled away in the 4th. so i felt that we held our own because we definately did not play our best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:11 pm

If your coach doesn't have you in any tournaments yet chances are you're not going to get into any. Most of the quality teams have their complete schedule already done for next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Rudas wrote:
If your coach doesn't have you in any tournaments yet chances are you're not going to get into any. Most of the quality teams have their complete schedule already done for next season.

alright then, any tournaments coming up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huskie08

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 pm

as for bellilse matt cookson is a solid spot up shooter the other two players are affectied by tunnel vision and there big (daniel) isnt strong enough to play with the big boys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Baller001 wrote:
Yeah Bradley is attending Oromocto next year meaning Cambridge Narrows may not even be able to field a team, but word has it he is going for academic reasons. Him and Jon Ryer ( He failed gr 12 last year, so he's back ) should pair up nicely, Jon being a combo gaurd while Hovey plays the 2-3 but dont be surprised if you see him play the 4 due to the lack of size.

As for the top 10 players in both AA and AAA.

AA -

1. Brandon Moffat-Mcadam
2. Pat Macnaughton-SSHS
3. Justin Corey-Minto
4. Gordon Robinson-Harvey
5. Brandon Meikle-DP
6.Duan Fournier Ash-SSHS (Prolly never heard this name, very strong combo gaurd, player U16 this summer.)
7. Matt Harrington-DP
8. Eric Lewis-Sailsbury
9.Tyler Howlett-Campo
10. Malcolm Cole-Cambridge Narrows (If they even go AA)

AAA -

1. Brad Sates-Bathurst
2. Adam Spurrel-KV
3. Richie Wilkins-Leo Hayes
4. Josh Lafluer-Leo Hayes
5. Peter Esson-FHS
6. Jon Ryer-OHS
7. Matt Daley - ? (Is he coming back to NB?)
8. Caleb Dow-BMHS
9. Matt Sears/Jesse Balser-Riverview (Pretty good team should be prodeced this year, not sure who will have a better year)
10. Bradley Hovey-OHS
I'd have Sam Goucher or Jarred Crawford in that 10 spot instead of Brad think their a little bit more of an all-around player
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 pm

i think you better get out to a game or 2 mj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:11 pm

You could probably have those two guys anywhere from 6-10 in the province. Goucher has played well in the games I seen him play, but has been out played by Hovey in the meeting I seen them play. Although I have not seen Crawdord play yet this year he is probably still rebounding the ball when doing the dirty work, can't he is more well rounded though because of his outside game.

I also think Matt Daley has risen his stock to undoubtably the best guard in NB. And argueably the best overall player in the talk with States and Spurrell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:10 pm

student wrote:
i think you better get out to a game or 2 mj
Haha get out to a game or 2 all i'm saying is that i like the players that are more willing to dive on the floor to save a loose ball or what i like to call "the dirty workers" of the team which i think should get more credit. Now in my opinion Jarred Crawford and Sam Goucher fill that role better i think which is why they could be in that top 10 list
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:54 am

don't blame you for liking those players and i think you are right tto promote the scrappers. but nb is lucky to produce a cis player each yr. this yr it's states. and he doesn't take very many shifts off. he even ran the point on us a little bit. don't see any reason to down him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 am

student wrote:
don't blame you for liking those players and i think you are right tto promote the scrappers. but nb is lucky to produce a cis player each yr. this yr it's states. and he doesn't take very many shifts off. he even ran the point on us a little bit. don't see any reason to down him.

This year NB has more than 1 CIS level player. States, Spurrell and Daley have already been approached. Esson and Wilkens are two more that have a chance given the right situation.

Actually it would be nice to see States, Spurrell and Daley try 1 year of prep school south of the border to see if they could get a NCAA offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
student

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:51 am

glad to hear that some players are having some interest. i was only making the point that i didn't believe mj was being realistic in downing states. you can't put goucher or crawford in the same level as states. and yes there are some situations that daley and maybe spurrell could make a cis squad. but states is the only one right now that has size power skill athletics and winning mental capacity. daley is definitely there work and mentaly wise. now pete could develop the physical strenght someday. and thats all i got to say about that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:32 pm

student wrote:
glad to hear that some players are having some interest. i was only making the point that i didn't believe mj was being realistic in downing states. you can't put goucher or crawford in the same level as states. and yes there are some situations that daley and maybe spurrell could make a cis squad. but states is the only one right now that has size power skill athletics and winning mental capacity. daley is definitely there work and mentaly wise. now pete could develop the physical strenght someday. and thats all i got to say about that
He wasn't putting Goucher or Crawford in the same level as Brad States. He specifically said to replace Brad in the 10th spot. If you took time to look at the list you would have seen he was talking about Bradley Hovey OHS not Brad States BHS who is in the 1st position.
Reading is a wonderful skill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:55 pm

maripac you are totally right. my bad, reading skills are worse when i got the rum in the eggnog. apoligies for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top boys players next season.   Today at 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down

Top boys players next season.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2