HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Off the radar AA boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
celts4

PostSubject: Off the radar AA boys   Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:57 pm

every year we have a team or two that just surprise you and go further than anybody had expected. i always read about GM, Sugarloaf, DP, McAdam, campobello, harvey and fundy..what are some underrated and underestimated teams out there that you think are going to shock you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:00 pm

First of all, with all respect to someone who supports their own team, I think the point about Bellisle has been made and to avoid a Camp esq campaign taking over every thread I think we should really focus on the points of each thread and try to avoid making the same ones on each.

To that end I've got to say I don't think that the under the radar cases in AA are an issue of disrespect but more who people are playing. The teams that people are talking about are playing each other, are in tournaments with top competition and in the cases of the best of these teams testing themselves against strong AAA competition. They are putting themselves in spotlight and letting people know what their teams can do. Thinking back to last season the UMRHS boys were a solid team but didn't always get respect I'm sure people (and they) felt they were due. Other then some early games against Harvey and their league games vs. Sugarloaf there was very little to gauge them against.

On the other side of the coin the Campo's, Harvey, Sugarloaf's and DP's (etc) of the province are playing each other, in each others tournaments, and playing exhibition games against the top competition in AA and AAA. Their profile is up because they are putting themselves out there and getting measured against top teams on a regular basis, so it is easy to see where they are at and who their top players are.

No one is disrespecting any team/player by not mentioning them. People can only talk about what they know and see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:40 pm

if your team beat one or more of the "big guns" or plaed them close consistantly or anything else like that then they probably would talk about your team... don't gotta try to take over all the threads to do it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm

I know you must have all missed me bragging up my boys but, UMRH...err.. I mean Cetral NB Academy will be a definite contender again this year.

On a side note, wehave been raising money for new uniforms and are very very short to date on funds for the new uniforms, if anyone has any good fundraiser ideas, please share!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:00 pm

fundraiser tourney, or a raffle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Bag groceries or go to your local pizza place and work out a deal for pizza coupons.

Boas 98-02 wrote:
I know you must have all missed me bragging up my boys but, UMRH...err.. I mean Cetral NB Academy will be a definite contender again this year.

On a side note, wehave been raising money for new uniforms and are very very short to date on funds for the new uniforms, if anyone has any good fundraiser ideas, please share!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 pm

The province built you a new school yet there isn't any funding coming from them for new uniforms? There must be a budget someone similar to the one you would get for all new equipment?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:21 pm

Rudas wrote:
The province built you a new school yet there isn't any funding coming from them for new uniforms? There must be a budget someone similar to the one you would get for all new equipment?

Nope, no funding for uniforms, they basically said, here's your school, now you figure out what to do for sports...is this really a surprise? There is hardly a budget for new equipment aswell.

Thanks for the ideas guys! We will put them to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Just use your uniforms from last year.....or have they all been retired ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:57 pm

pretty sure we (belleisle) will finally be getting new jerseys as well... we are way overdue... our shorts and jerseys should actually match this year...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigEastBaller

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:14 am

I think that people are underestimating Grand Manan, and McAdam. Grand Manan lost several people but most of witch sat on the bench. McAdam did lose Carmichael but there is still some potential in the others that have not been able to truly show there skills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:04 am

I will be surprised if Harvey does not go far and if McAdam can challenge missing 2 legs from a 3 legged chair.
Back to top Go down
rondo775

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 pm

rns should be good too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off the radar AA boys   Today at 5:16 am

Back to top Go down

Off the radar AA boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1