HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

looks like the ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SouthConf

PostSubject: looks like the ...   Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:41 pm

looks like Jesseca Brown will be attending Grand Manan Community School this fall again... the senior girls should be good again, with Wilson and Brown running things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: looks like the ...   Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:20 am

If Jess is returning to GM and if Veysey continues to coach, that puts them in the #2 seed province wide behind Tobique. Jess is probably the 2nd best player in the province behind Goodine in AA. If Jess returns and Veysey, you will see TV vs GM at Harbour Station.....2 old single A schools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: looks like the ...   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 am

If Brown , Wilsen and Veysey all return then GM becomes an instant contender . GM and RNS will battle it out in the south and both should go deep into the playoffs . Brown and Simmons are probably the best two guards in the province in AA . As of right now (subject to change) I would have GM and RNS tied for second and Tobique still the front runner .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: looks like the ...   Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:32 pm

The differance between those 2 teams boils down to coaching and if Veysey is there, he gives them a 10 point advantage. The only way either of these teams beats TV is if 1 of the twin towers get in foul trouble and i think it would still be a difficult task.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: looks like the ...   Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:40 pm

GM just does not match up well with TV at all....but it is good to see Brown back at GM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: looks like the ...   Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Nobody matches up well with TV at this point. Their size and toughness means teams will struggle to score in the half court, lose the rebounding margin and give up a lot of interior points. I still haven't seen a team commit trying to wear them down and press their backcourt for 40 minutes. Some of these teams may need to play TV as if they are deeper then they really are just to try to wear down and get some of their bigs tired out or in foul trouble.

I think that RNS and GM (with key players returning) would have a shot, but after that things seem a little thin this year in the AA girls ranks. Although i don't know much about what the NE has to offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: looks like the ...   Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 pm

I know that TV team pretty well and if they are going to be beat, Coach DJR has it right....they need to be pressed the entire 40 min. Hartland was the only team i know of that had any luck at all pressing them last year but Ouellette was out and Hartland's seniors managed to stay in the game and they ended up winning. Forget about Goodine getting tired as she just doesn't tire but she will get a bit annoyed if you can put a fly on her back. Ouellette will get tired and annoyed easily as well as cooper. The key is Goodine as she will always end up bringing the ball up the court with a full press....with the right defenders, they can be beat. I think RNS matches up to them better defensively than GM but i think GM will end up playing them in the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: looks like the ...   Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:28 pm

I wish last years board was still around, to see if any of you guys ever get a prediction right......lol.

celtic wrote:
If Jess is returning to GM and if Veysey continues to coach, that puts them in the #2 seed province wide behind Tobique. Jess is probably the 2nd best player in the province behind Goodine in AA. If Jess returns and Veysey, you will see TV vs GM at Harbour Station.....2 old single A schools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looks like the ...   Today at 9:00 pm

Back to top Go down

looks like the ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: